Question About Learning Tarot

Please note readings given here will be done by tarot students of varying levels with the purpose of improving their skills and knowledge. These practice readings will draw feedback on the style, the card interpretations and overall content.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

PrincessinVain

Question About Learning Tarot

Post by PrincessinVain » Fri Jul 07, 2006 6:28 am

Hi! :) I am really thinking about joining your class about reading the tarot cards, since Samantha seems really keen on it. Gosh, she can even see people there.

But I'm a little bit hesitant since my friend had her first deck burned because it was quite absorbing negative energy already.

Just how accurate are tarot readings, and what are the chances of that happening to me?  

I have borrowed her deck once, and my words just couldn't stop from flowing out of my mouth. Since then, I think I gained some psychic powers, though im not sure.

Rhutobello

Well the most dangerous

Post by Rhutobello » Fri Jul 07, 2006 10:41 am

tool we have is our own Mind:)

Tarot is an ancient way to tell and predict about everyday life.

In my mind the deck have no way to infuence negative energy, but if the reader have a "negative" mind he/she might interpret the cards that way. I strongly belive that this is not the intention with the cards. Just think about it...if a reader is very posetive he/she will interpret the cards the most posetive way. The "truth" will be one place in the middle:)

But agein the cards PREDICT...it is not a Television....it might happen....it might give a warning....and if used the right way It might lead people in the right way:)

I will recomend you the course, you will learn a bit about the cards...and the more you learn...the more the mystic will vanish and the understanding grow.....and Samatha seems to be a brilliant teacher:)

samantha234

You made my day!

Post by samantha234 » Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:34 pm

Hi!
All these compliments ! I'm blushing! Thank you so much! Rhutobello, you've hit the nail on the head, no explanation needed! PrincessinVain, let me know if you'd like to join our class, we would love to have you on board!
                                                                                                                              Love and light.
                                                                                                                                    Samantha

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:43 am

and me too seem to have only questions.. i feel my mind has gone to sleep! but i want to learn ..and i have a feeling u guys will teach me a lot:)

samantha234

Post by samantha234 » Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:08 pm

we're here for you! :smt007

nicnic

Post by nicnic » Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:42 am

Don't worry swetha, I too feel like I have gone to sleep too. I am really trying to get back into my cards and have set myself a goal to just study a few cards at a time. I don't intend to rush anything.

This forum is really helping me so I am going to stick with it.

We can all help each other.

Hang in there
Love
Carol

nicnic

Post by nicnic » Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:34 am

Hi

Tis me again! Shall we use this section to post all our questions, I did one earlier today but put it in the other one for notices to students....lol I really need to get my head together...sorry

samantha234

Post by samantha234 » Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:52 pm

you can post them anywhere you like! I will find them! my interest lies with all of you and i will help anyway i can! :) we'll make it together! :smt006

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:34 am

i have started with the software and am reading the major arcana cards
samanatha...ur updated meanings are pretty useful
now how do convert keywords to menaingful readings?? since one card has a number of keywords..so how do u know which is right in a particular situation?

samantha234

Post by samantha234 » Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:20 pm

hi Swetha, when you get a chance, read the posts in the combination topic,
it shows how we put two and three together! lol
if it doesn't help just let me know. Its pretty confusing in the beginning, i know, but once you kick the intuition into gear, you'll see how eaasy it will be!

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:25 pm

ok..will do that.. in fact i did glance at the combination part but will read it more carefully now.

nicnic

Post by nicnic » Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:48 pm

A question for you Samantha,

What do all the numbers signify on the minor arcana. I know some of them but could you post up a list of them please.

Thanks
Carol

samantha234

Post by samantha234 » Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:52 pm

Hi, carol, do you mean you need me to convert the roman numerals into our system?
               samantha

nicnic

Post by nicnic » Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:01 pm

no no....what i mean is like the ace is no 1 which means beginnings, no 2 means a partnership etc...do you get what i mean?

samantha234

Post by samantha234 » Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:12 pm

Hi carol, yes, i see what you mean! Yes, i will post them later as I need to leave for awhile, sorry! look for it around 4,ok?
good question!

Return to “Learn Tarot - Practice Readings”