Post all questions about tarot classes here!

Please note readings given here will be done by tarot students of varying levels with the purpose of improving their skills and knowledge. These practice readings will draw feedback on the style, the card interpretations and overall content.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

BLouise

Post by BLouise » Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:42 pm

Thank you for the suggestions, It gives me a good place to start.  I will use your suggestion with the stickers, should make it a little easier to remember everything.

BLouise

Post by BLouise » Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:36 pm

I got her to shuffle and cut the cards, then i layed the 3 card spread past,present, future. The cards were
past: The fool (reversed from where I was sitting)
present: Ten of Penticles (reversed)
future: Knight of Swords (reversed)

I looked at all the keywords and found it quite difficult to come up with anything coherent, then I had a really close look at the cards and felt the cards, from the feeling I got I concluded the following:-

My daughter has come from a simple and carefree life - she seems secure and stable with the exam situation and has a very determined " I will achieve what I want " attitude for the future, which may include some travel.
Hi Doris - I think the important thing is that you and your daughter felt good about the reading.  I think that right there tells you that you did something right.  I haven't started even trying to interpret reversed cards yet so kudo's to you!  There are some tarot readers who don't even use the meanings defined by books, they read purely on instinct and what the cards mean to them.  If this is how you work best then by all means do what feels right!!  Great job on your first reading!![/quote]

shazia

Post by shazia » Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:40 am

Hello Samantha!  Can I please have the lesson in which you explain the Cups family i.e. King, Queen, Knight and page.
Trying to understand these cards better!
Thank you
Regards
Shazia

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:07 am

Have you read this post?

http://mysticboard.org/vi ... hp?t=11374

When you work with courts card, try to figure normal people who possess those qualities given by cup,wand,sword and coins.
Common abillities for all colors:
A king is always a leader...a father....the head...always give directions..advices
The queen is the mother...always careing..loving....will marry you away :)
The knight is a teenager...travel around...giving messages
the page from newborn up to the teen...running around giving messages

(simpel but easy way to remember)

shazia

Post by shazia » Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:27 am

Hey thanks so much it is much appreciated...I find these ones little difficult to understand that is why wanted actual descriptions........let me do some more practise over the weekend!  Thanks again
Take care / Regards / Shazia

cybee

Post by cybee » Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:05 pm

BLouise wrote:Hello,
I'm new here.  I would like to know if you could tell me how to interpret a simple yes or no.  I have a girl who wants to know if a guy likes her or not.  I did a celtic cross, but I just can't determine a yes or no.  I'm very new to all this so I apologize if this is an obvious question.

Also, what is the significance of having someones birthday when you do their reading?

Thanks
Hi Louise,

Yes is the answer to your first question, "you can do anything you want with the Tarot" it's just about opening your mind and using them for what you need.
I have posted a Yes/No quick answer spread in my Textbook. Take a look and enjoy trying this out.

Second question -
Astrology is an integral part of the Tarot and sometimes a date of birth is handy for certain mental calculations if you know about Transits. I would say at this stage in your learning, knowing the clients DOB would only be an advantage to know their star sign, which you could ask them anyway.
Cybee

BLouise

Post by BLouise » Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:21 pm

Thank you Simon, I'll check out the info you suggested.

BLouise

Post by BLouise » Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:30 pm

:smt006 I have a few questions for you Simon if I may:

First, do you prefer Simon or Cybee?
Second, could you teach us a three card spread?
Third, which spread do you prefer & why?
Fourth, what can I do to try to connect with a person when doing a reading for someone who isn't here with me (online, etc...) for a more accurate reading and do you think this is necessary?
And last, do you think that we should start taking requests for readings on here to get more experience?

I know you are trying to get your stuff together for the class so I appreciate the time you have taken to answer some of my previous questions.  I have really enjoyed the material you have added on here so far and look forward to learning more from your plethera of knowledge :)

cybee

A few questions for Simon

Post by cybee » Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:55 pm

BLouise wrote::smt006 I have a few questions for you Simon if I may:

First, do you prefer Simon or Cybee?
Second, could you teach us a three card spread?
Third, which spread do you prefer & why?
Fourth, what can I do to try to connect with a person when doing a reading for someone who isn't here with me (online, etc...) for a more accurate reading and do you think this is necessary?
And last, do you think that we should start taking requests for readings on here to get more experience?

I know you are trying to get your stuff together for the class so I appreciate the time you have taken to answer some of my previous questions.  I have really enjoyed the material you have added on here so far and look forward to learning more from your plethera of knowledge :)
Hello again Louise,

Ahhhh at last some feedback, thank you.

Questions -

1. Whatever you want, as this is more a personal forum just call me Simon or Cy for short, it's up to you.

2. Yes. I will be putting some spreads together and also showing you how you can design your own, as I have done for myself.

3. I prefer my own, sorry! It's a re-design of the Celtic Cross and is very good once you start to develop your own psychic ability and intuition. It gives you the chance to "focus" deeper into the reading and it also allows confirmation of the cards in the main layout of the spread. I will introduce you all to this, but not just yet. I want to develop your reading and intuitive techniques first.

4. Personally, I have many hang-ups regarding remote readings and if you read my article on "A brief introduction to what the Tarot is and is not." In the Tarot TextBook, I am updating it now with some thoughts of how we should read and interpret the Tarot.

5. YES! Is the answer to that one. You will only improve by practice and certainly experiencing mistakes. Everyone makes mistakes, and if you can't deal with that then you will never learn anything. Do think I have never done bad readings in my life, I have probably done more bad than good, but at least I have learned from those experiences. Honest. So don't be scared to do! If you don't do how will you ever know.

I hope that has answered all your questions…. Phew! LOL.
If not, then just give me a kick and I will get back to you.

Regards

Simon

BLouise

Post by BLouise » Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:55 am

Cy,
You have answered all of my questions! Thank you for taking the time when I know you are extremely busy. :) And if it is feeback that you want I will have to add that your material is very user (or learner) friendly for me.  It is very to the point and leaves little unanswered on the subject which is great when this is such an art that most leave you to interpret for yourself.

Return to “Learn Tarot - Practice Readings”