Post all questions about tarot classes here!

Please note readings given here will be done by tarot students of varying levels with the purpose of improving their skills and knowledge. These practice readings will draw feedback on the style, the card interpretations and overall content.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

samantha234

Post all questions about tarot classes here!

Post by samantha234 » Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:33 pm

This is the place to post all your questions and a place to answer them so it is easier to find for everyone! Thank you, carol, for the great idea! Easier for me to find also! :) you asked for it, here it is! :smt005
                                                                                  thanks!
                                                                                         samantha

nicnic

Post by nicnic » Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:49 am

Hi all,

Well seeing as I requested this post...I will start.

My first question concerns the major arcana. Do you read them seperatley or do you use them with the rest of the deck? I have never been sure how to use these because some are very similar to the minor arcana eg The lovers and the Two of Cups. Do you know what I mean?

Also in a spread of three cards....I understand that you start from the centre one then read the others am I right? Then when you add more cards what do you do?

There was another question but I forgot what it was....im sure I will remember!

Thanks
Love
Carol

nicnic

Post by nicnic » Sun Jul 16, 2006 8:14 am

Another question, well not really a question but a bit of confusion.

The two and three of wands, to me they are very similar looking cards and mean much the same to me! What does everyone else think?

samantha234

MAJOR ARCANA

Post by samantha234 » Sun Jul 16, 2006 2:18 pm

hi carol, :smt006
good questions! you can do a reading using only the major arcana or you can combine them together with the minor! The major arcana are a stronger influence so when you have alot of them in one reading combined with the minor, then the influences are in the hands of fate and not your own, whereas if there are more minor arcana in a reading, then you are more in control of the outcome, see what i mean? and whenthey are near a card with like meanings, it confirms it more and makes it stronger!
 the next three cards are set on top of the last three and read the same way, you keep going that way until they don't make sense, then the reading is over. That is why some of the readings i have done are longer or shorter depending on the question, You can usually feel it when there are no more answers anyway by your intuition.
As far as the 2 and 3 of wands, i agree with you, they do look alot alike! the diffence between the two is this: in the two of wands he is holding a sort of crystal ball, to me anyway, which tells me he is looking back to all the experiences from the past , because of the way he is facing, see what i mean?
in the 3 of wands he is looking over a barren land and facing backwards, so to me this means he is longing for old friends and things from the past that completed him. i hoped this has helped , if not let me know! also, anyone who needs extra help can im me anytime, if i'm not there i will get back to you! :)

love and light,
                                                                                       samantha

nicnic

Post by nicnic » Sat Jul 22, 2006 8:53 am

I have another question.

Is it easy to make up your own spreads? Also are there specific positions that you need to put the questions in and also can you make up any questions you want to suit your need?

actually I have another one! Do you also need to use a significator in when doing a reading?

samantha234

answers

Post by samantha234 » Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:47 pm

yes, it is good to make up your own spreads, in fact, i highly encorage it! i'll make a topic in the forum for just that purpose! great idea!! :)
the position names are entirely up to the creator! Try differnt things and see what works!  Listen to your intuition and it will guide you! I've got faith in all of you!
 as far as the significator goes, sometimes it makes the reading clearer for the reader and client, it is up to you whether you want to use one or not!
great questions!
                                                                                Samantha

nicnic

Post by nicnic » Sun Jul 23, 2006 4:33 am

Thanks Samantha  :)

nicnic

Post by nicnic » Sat Jul 29, 2006 9:30 am

Hi Samantha,

Here is another question for you.

when you first started reading the tarot cards did you have difficulty reading the cards in the different positions on a spread? I hope you know what I trying to get at!

:smt017

samantha234

I know where your coming from...

Post by samantha234 » Sat Jul 29, 2006 5:44 pm

and yes, it was difficult at first to read the card in a certain position. Sometimes they don't make sense, thats where intuition comes in! :)
Actually, i prefer the ones without the categories, it makes more of a story and easier to read! :smt006

BLouise

Post by BLouise » Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:09 pm

Hello,
I'm new here.  I would like to know if you could tell me how to interpret a simple yes or no.  I have a girl who wants to know if a guy likes her or not.  I did a celtic cross, but I just can't determine a yes or no.  I'm very new to all this so I apologize if this is an obvious question.

Also, what is the significance of having someones birthday when you do their reading?

Thanks

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Wed Oct 04, 2006 3:23 pm

Well, the way I have learned Tarot you shall never use it for yes or no questions, and the same goes for "will I "
You need other abilliies  for that :)

In my opinion Tarot point out directions or suggest paths.
If you follow this "spread" then you will end up with what the card says, but since the quarrant daily takes actions that might contradict the spread it might also fail.

I have seen a spread that use all cards in order to get those yes/no answer, I shall investigate and post if I find it again :)

BLouise

Post by BLouise » Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:39 pm

Thank you for the information Rhutobello.  That makes sense to me, I just keep getting asked questions like that: "Does he like me?, Will he ask me out?" etc...  

Do you know what the significance of having the person's birthday?  Does it play into the reading somehow?

Is Samantha still here?

Thank you again for replying.

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:15 pm

Yes....that's one of the major reason I don't do readings anymore :)

Well, the more you learn the more you can use thing like birthday....and the signifator of a spread and so on.

This is done by using ting from numerology.

I am born 14.10.43....then I have to reduce each number to a single one...14 =5  10 = 1   43 = 7
Then you can say my signifator is 5+1+7 = 13  = "The hang man" card number 12 since the fool is card number 0
The highest signifator you can have is 22 = Major Arcana...if higher then you reduce the number to a single one. (24 = 6)

But I don't think birthday have any significiance in an ordinary spread, but it might help you when you shall "translate" the message from the cards to know age and sex.

We hope Samantha will be back :)

Good luck, and if I can...I will try to help :)

BLouise

Post by BLouise » Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:41 pm

So when selecting a significator using this numerolgy technique it is supposed to give you insight about the questioner?

When would you want to manually choose the significator, or is that the way you should always do it?  I know there aren't any firm rules in tarot, but I'm trying to get a picture of what is commonly done so I can have a kind of skeleton to start with and make my own variations as I learn.

I have the book that came with my cards, but it doesn't go into much detail about the process of doing a reading.  It doesn't suggest to manually choose your significator, but to draw it randomly with the rest of the reading.  Is this what is commonly done?

Thanks again for your input Rhutobello, it seems I have chosen a very inactive time to ask so many questions.  I would appreciate any help you can offer.  I see that you are quite active on this board and your input is respected by the community so I appreciate your advice.

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:03 pm

Thx for your belief in me....hopefully I can give some help.....let me though state that I am not a reader....but people have been pleased with what I have done...so it haven't been all vasted :)

Now back to what I will recomend.
Concentrate on the upright meaning of Tarot cards. Just those "short notes"

http://mysticboard.org/ba ... ation.html

scroll down to the latest chapter.

If you have a Tarot deck you aren't afreid of, then make some stickers with short notes on each card.
When you make a spread...you will have all short notes in front of you. Now try to make a history from those notes. Take into account the quarrant and the question. You must, when you have learned a bit more, learn to look at the whole spread and see how the cards interact.
With that I think...some posteive cards beside a negative one will lessen the negative...just follow that tought :)
Don't start on reverse cards yet, many Readers never use them, but for now they will just make your learning prossess harder, much better to include them when you feel confident :)

Okay...let me stop with that.....don't be afreid to ask....if you feel my answer gives you any sence :)

Return to “Learn Tarot - Practice Readings”