This is the reading for my friend, could you help to correct?

Please note readings given here will be done by tarot students of varying levels with the purpose of improving their skills and knowledge. These practice readings will draw feedback on the style, the card interpretations and overall content.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

xiyang

This is the reading for my friend, could you help to correct?

Post by xiyang » Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:11 am

Question: Will Shirley and Andy’s marriage be successful?
Spread: Love Pyramids
Background: My friend Shirley told me that she would marry Andy at early of next month. Shirley knew Andy in school, and they are together around 3 years.

The result:

1. Shirley’s condition: Hierophant (-)
2. Andy’s condition:    Emperor (+)
3. Their present condition:  Wheel (-)
4. Their future:           7 wands (-)

My reading: it is not a good time for their marriage, or should I say they are not ready for next month marriage. Shirley made her decision without serious consideration. They do not think much about their real future life, or not plan well for the realistic life. The future card tells me, there will be challenge in their marriage, I smell the tense climate. The reverser card even tells me they should give up the persistence--- their marriage. They have to do much more to approach the succeed.

nicnic

Post by nicnic » Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:16 am

Hi Xiang,

I would like to have a go at this one for you.....I am off for the next couple of days so I will have a go..Samantha says practices makes perfect.

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:14 am

I just have just casted 1 glanse at the spread and havent tried to interpret them....but the spread have an important layout.

From 4 card you have got 3 card's from Major Arcana and that tell about fate.
So fate will play an importent role in their marriage, and that is true for most of us.
What make an marriage great or "hell", is what we ouerself are dooing out of it.
When 2 people join forces, they have to accept each other, trust each other and work for each other, never put oneself in the "lead"
Whit this I mean the negative lead...the one that shall have and not give....or give because he/she want something back.
It's also important to loosen the bond to family, because you now will have 2 familys to take into consideration.

You started with the Hierophant, this should suggest that both need to exsamen their feelings and be sure that it isen't just the hormones that want the marriage. That they for real want to grow old together.

This was just a speedy reply from a classmate, I am sure other can tell it much better:)

xiyang

Post by xiyang » Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:43 pm

Rhutobello, you are right. it is a strong spread, 3/4 are Major card. Thier self-characters are playing important role in the marriage. Accoring to the cards, the characters of reverserd Heirophant is not match the positive Emperoer. She goes without sense, does it emotionally.

What other classmates think about this spread, and how about our teacher, Samantha?

samantha234

Post by samantha234 » Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:17 pm

oooh, a challange! lol Hi xiyang, lets see if i can help out a little. :) I see rhutobell o was also very helpful and i know the others will be also. Here's my interpretation!

shirley's condition: i see that shirley is currentl ignoring the advice from her inner spirit and guides and concentrating more on the physical and material benefits of such a union. She is not thinking of love but of lust and what they can have together materially, bad move

Andy , on the other hand, feels as a father figure towards shirley. He is protective over her and feels the love as a father for his daughter not as a husband for his wife. (a little intuition here.) he may not even realize it.

The wheel of fortune reversed shows something has come up to push their decision to marry, an outside influence of some kind. Could be  the fear of losing one another, so they want a commitment right away,  or a marriage of convenience, like certain benefits financially if they were married. I don't see it being because of love.

the seven of wands reversed shows them in competition with each other! I don't see this marriage lasting if it happens because it is for all the wrong reasons.

samantha
p.s. this was a tough one! any other help out there?

samantha234

BY THE WAY

Post by samantha234 » Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:19 pm

very good readings! :)

xiyang

Post by xiyang » Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:05 am

Thank you Sam,

as i know, Andy is 2 years younger than Sh., The emperor represants his position make me feel a bit surprise at first moment. I am not sure if he gives the protective feeling to her.  But I am quite sure she comes to the committment with some financial and material concerns rather than true love.

Sam, why you say it is a tough spread, is it because there are 3 Major card over 4?

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:01 am

Rememeber , there are 78 card in a deck, 22 is from Major Arcana. This is triumph cards, tells about fate. So this sort of card will have more meanings and give the recipent the message to be open to fate.

When you put out a spread of 4 and get 3 triumph it's either a strong spread hard to interpret, or it's a spread where the card is handpicked, but still hard to say more then "all will be up to destiny", which will be the major message in your layout:)

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:42 am

xiyang wrote:Thank you Sam,

as i know, Andy is 2 years younger than Sh.,?
When she said he feel like a father figure, this is saying nothing about the age. It can among other be interpreted lik:

Need of protection and care....but..also need of protection and own...there are many way to interpret the father figure...and sorry to say not always posetive..

If we can agree that diffrent readers can interpret the card diffrent, then we also must agree that a reading given must not be read word by word, but rather put into mind and thought true. Take the reading as a lead...see if you find something that suit....if not....maybe the reading wasen't an answer from the spirutelle word but rather a cry from your inner self:)

Hehehe I remember back when I was 18 and in love, I thought I knew it all, my parents was just old fossils with old meanings..now I know I was wrong..then.and often now..hehehe but I have learned a lot since, but I am sure you youth have to go true the same mistakes, just do the best out of it:)

xiyang

Post by xiyang » Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:20 pm

Pepole canno learn from it without experiencing it. They are thinking they are the best match now. After shopping and comparing, She must think he the best suit for her, to satisfy her needs and wants. All the best to them, and I am waiting to see, and I believe I can see the end.

Rhutobello, when I do the reading, one of the problem is I do the word by word, or stick around the meaning of cards. I need more practise on intuition and combination meaning of the whole spread.

Thanks for the guidiance and help.

samantha234

hi, samantha here

Post by samantha234 » Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:35 pm

rhutobello, thank you so much for your help! :)
xiyang, this was a tough reading because of the reasons rhutobello gave you, plus it is always tough to interpret a reading when the querant is asking about somebody else and not themselves, see, when i do a tarot reading, i make a connection to the person i am reading for, spiritually and mentally.
Because the question was about your friends and not you, i couldn't connect, so most of it was done by the meaning of the cards rather than psychically, a little intuition there, but not enough!
Have you checked out the learn tarot forum yet? It has lessons about the cards, combinations, spreads, all sorts of things?me and your fellow classmates will help you with this, do not worry, ok? i'll teach you everything you need to know! :smt006

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:32 pm

xiyang wrote:
Rhutobello, when I do the reading, one of the problem is I do the word by word, or stick around the meaning of cards. I need more practise on intuition and combination meaning of the whole spread.

Thanks for the guidiance and help.
Believe me...we have done the same all of us. It will be better. Have you played RPG?...try to use your imagination....look at the question....try to figure out the "questioner" Then use the shortnotes as a guideance, the clue is to put htem there they belong:)

But I am sure if you follow the course you will be better and better:)
Cyou in class

(hmmm i have a little feeling you care a lot for this lady:))

Return to “Learn Tarot - Practice Readings”