New Teacher from England wish him welcome :)

Please note readings given here will be done by tarot students of varying levels with the purpose of improving their skills and knowledge. These practice readings will draw feedback on the style, the card interpretations and overall content.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

cybee

Re: Overwhelmed!

Post by cybee » Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:04 am

George wrote:
cybee wrote:Thank you all for such a very warm Welcome.

I will do my very best to help all of you in your individual endeavours.
Tarot is my life and I love it. So I think if you love anything so much you must have some belief in it at least.
I just can't get over you guys, I feel I have known you all for a very long time. I feel very comfortable being here.

Please, please feel free to ask me anything you want, I am at your disposal.

Cy
Welcome Cybee!   :smt006  
at first i thought you username was Cyber (very quick glance) which made me think of Cybermen from Doctor Who    :smt003  which they just showed part one of a Cyberman espoide on the SciFi channel here in the states.   :smt020

been working, been sick as a dog, been working on the plumbing for the last three days so i haven't had a good chance to read and get caught up on everything just wanted to make a point to say hi!

will respond soon
ttyl   :smt006
Thanks George,

Please get well soon because I have an asignment for you when you are well again. In the mean time, take it easy and rest. I need you fit and healthy. :)

Regards

Simon

cybee

Post by cybee » Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:10 am

dayanera wrote:Hi cybee, I always fine it interesting the back ground of people who are interested in the psychic and cards and etc...there is such a wide differents.Your life sounds full with all you have done.Travel all over the world would be an education in people all by it's self...That is something that would appeal to me .I like to watch people and see what they do.If you would be inerested in doing a reading on me . i would be interested in having one...If not that is okay too...just wanted to say hi and get to know people in the forums..[/b]
Thank you Dayanera,

Yes I would be delighted to read for you. Just give me a couple of days and then I will gladly read for you. Just post your request in the "Request Forum" and make the subject "Reading from Cybee" and I will respond.

Regards

Simon

ozzman

Post by ozzman » Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:10 pm

:smt006  Welcome to the board ! i am new my self,
 I usually do not say much.
   But your enthusiasm and experience sound wonderfull!
Excuse the bad manners please but I have a question for you.
 What do you think are the proper methods for shuffling and laying
out the cards for a long term reading.
I am a true believer and am interested in the archaic ways.
    ozzy
ozzman

cybee

Post by cybee » Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:55 pm

ozzman wrote::smt006  Welcome to the board ! i am new my self,
 I usually do not say much.
   But your enthusiasm and experience sound wonderfull!
Excuse the bad manners please but I have a question for you.
 What do you think are the proper methods for shuffling and laying
out the cards for a long term reading.
I am a true believer and am interested in the archaic ways.
    ozzy
Hi Ozzy,
This was asked me before by Lizz, so here is my answer below. I hope it clarifys your question.

I have never been taught the Tarot, it's just been a lengthy process of learning, and practice and also advice from other experienced readers that I have worked with.

I believe, and this is one question I have discussed many times with other experienced readers and they too believe that only the left hand should be used to hold the cards, and cast(deal) them too. The reason for this is that the left hand is closer to the heart than the right. Cutting and shuffling is the same, use the left hand!
As for laying the cards out, that would depend on the type of spread you are using. I will be dealing with spreads later on, so keep your eyes on "The Tarot TextBook Forum"

Cybee

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Sat Nov 04, 2006 8:17 am

Cybee, You are doing a great job.. way to go!!

cybee

Post by cybee » Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:19 am

swetha wrote:Cybee, You are doing a great job.. way to go!!
Thank you very much Swetha. :smt002

Wait till I get into Overdrive LOL  :smt005

Regards

Cybee

ozzman

Tarot

Post by ozzman » Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:53 am

:smt014  Welcome !
ozzman

dayanera

Post by dayanera » Sat Nov 04, 2006 4:24 pm

OZZIE ...I agree with Cybee about the left hand ...As you read on tarot more you will see that everyone has little things that they are comfortable with. It maybe way different that what the next person does ...Some people keep their cards wrap in velet or silk..Some people keep them in a box and let no one else handle them..Some let the person asking cut them ..It is like every thing else in life do what makes you comfortable and you can live with...I feel that you will be given what is needed to do this and do it well ...If that is what is suppose to happen for you...But remember as you work on this and get better at it ...One person may not be as good as they think they should be...but the tarot is like every thing else there are master of it and there are people who can do well but not as well as some one else..The trying and getting to the best you can be is the best part...I am sure Cybee will be a great teacher for all of us...

lizmeegan

Cheers to you, Cybee.

Post by lizmeegan » Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:13 pm

I am an American of British descent and always feel a kinship to those from the UK.
I am also intrigued with the Tarot. I love the artwork of Pamela Coleman Smith.
I find that the pictures in the cards "speak to me". To me the Tarot is like Gestalt
Therapy - you access the subconscious mind via pictures.

Do you have a website?

Have a good week,  LizK

Doris

Post by Doris » Sun Nov 05, 2006 1:03 am

Hi Cybee,

I thought I already posted a welcome, but I can't find it, so a very warm welcome. I have read all your articles so far, which I find very informative and very helpful. I am looking forward to doing the exercises. I am new at reading the tarot even though I have owned a deck of cards for at least 20 years. I have dabbled in the runes for awhile, but have recently been drawn back to the tarot.

Wishing you well and thank you for providing us with your knowledge and time. Perhaps one day I can do the same.

Doris

Return to “Learn Tarot - Practice Readings”