Learn Tarot - Practice your reading here (1)

Please note readings given here will be done by tarot students of varying levels with the purpose of improving their skills and knowledge. These practice readings will draw feedback on the style, the card interpretations and overall content.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

Gem

Learn Tarot - Practice your reading here (1)

Post by Gem » Fri May 18, 2007 4:04 pm

Okay this is the first practise reading that is part of the Learn Tarot Class.

Please tell us which deck you used, and the cards and positions.

"Hi,

My name is Gem and I would like to have a three card reading please......
Last edited by Gem on Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:01 am, edited 3 times in total.

chrisdee

Reading request Gem

Post by chrisdee » Wed May 23, 2007 8:49 am

Hi Gem I'm using The Radiant Rider-Waite
Just for fun hear goes
Three card reading- central card -Two Pentacles- you have been holding back because you haven't known the best approach to take in a situation
                          Left card-Ace Wands- You have come to a solution. to which approach would be best
                          Right card-Page Swords-its now time to act stop beating about the bush if you have some thing to say be straight and say whats been on your mind

Gem

Post by Gem » Wed May 23, 2007 1:16 pm

Thanks Chris :)  What would you name the positions of cards 1 2 and 3?

chrisdee

Post by chrisdee » Wed May 23, 2007 3:52 pm

Not having a positive question in mind 1-was- whats on the Gems mind
                                                       2-was-what does she want to know
                                                       3-the- action to take

Gem

Post by Gem » Thu May 24, 2007 11:47 am

Nice :)  Thanks

Many people use the three card spread to just mean, past, present and future.

starryskies

Post by starryskies » Thu May 24, 2007 12:16 pm

My 3 card reading is for Gem is for: yesterday, today and tomorrow. I used the Rider Waite deck.

Yesterday: Ace of Swords - A fresh beginning, signing something or putting a deposit down, you got something done and felt good about it. This could have just been a minor purchase.

Today: King of Pentacles - An older male figure such as your father or uncle - I see something sad in this card, perhaps financial worries. If so, there is an untrustworthy third party wanting to interfere so take care.

Tomorrow: 2 of Wands - You will be offered some kind of opportunity tomorrow or asked for help, you worry it will be too much to take on in addition to what you are already doing but you should grasp it because it will help you develop. There is a feeling of loneliness here too. Even when you are surrounded by people, you often have a fleeting lonely feeling as if you were alone.

Gem

Post by Gem » Thu May 24, 2007 1:58 pm

Thanks Starry :) Will see what tomorrow brings....

George

Re: Practise your reading here - Learn Tarot

Post by George » Sun May 27, 2007 5:22 pm

Gem wrote:Okay this is the first practise reading that is part of the Learn Tarot Class.

Please tell us which deck you used, and the cards and positions.

"Hi,

My name is Gem and I would like to have a three card reading please......
I am using the "The Original Rider Waite Tarot Pack"  and I will be doing a three card spread.  Your positions are, Past, Present and Future.  It is clear in my mind that the past can be close to now or further back that forms you ideals for the Present and the Future.  The Present position is NOW.  The past has got you where you are NOW.  The Future is formed by what you did in the Past and now doing in the Present that leads us to the Future.  It will be in your hands to reach the future that you are looking for.

I drew the following:

VIII of Pentacles for the Past position.  In the past you have worked hard and finished many tasks that you've started on.  You've taken hammer to hand and pounded out what you've need and have.  

Knight of Wands for the Present position.  Right now you are riding out and pardon the poon branching out into new things.  you are holding the reins and charging forward with tool in hand.  you are making something out of nothing.  Sand is becoming glass.

IV of Pentacles for the Future position.  I'm not saying that going to become wealthy, by no means.  but, all your efforts will put you on a more soild base, more soild ground!  Because of all your hard work in the past, and deligences in the present you will achive goals that you set for yourself that may pay off.  

Overall, if you are working on something now and if you have any doubts lose those doubts right now and charge forward and don't stop until you've reach your goals.

:smt006
Common sense dictates there is no such thing as common sense.

Gem

Post by Gem » Thu May 31, 2007 10:35 am

Ok, moving the three card spread along, like Chris, the 3 cards can be used to mean many different things, as long as you clearly define the positions before you ask the question and shuffle the cards will fall in the right places :)

Past present and future can also be one hour back, now, and one hour forward, or the person, what blocks them, what they need to overcome the block,  sooo many that might actually make for a clearer answer?

nashota

Post by nashota » Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:20 am

Hi Gem.

Your first card flew out of the pack

Past:  Queen of cups.   Full of wisdom and virtue, honest and devoted person with a gift of vision.

Present:  9 of Pentacles.  Success and accomplishment.

Future: 2 if Cups .  Favourable in love and all things of pleasure, including business.

:-)

Chooky

Post by Chooky » Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:27 am

Aah Ha, I have found where everyone has been hiding out...

Using the RW deck, Past, present, future

9 Swords - You feel that a situation has got out of hand, and are not sure in which direction to go in.  You have withdrawn yourself from the situation, stepped back and have needed time to think things through

6 Wands - You are now feeling confident, and triumphant and successful in the current situation, you feel that you are on top of everything and things are running smoothly. Seize the day!

3 Pentacles - You are going to be rewarded for you hard work, and effort that you have put in. People realise that you are a hardworker and dedicated to the job and admire you and the work that you do.

Chooky

Gem

Post by Gem » Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:37 am

nashota wrote:Hi Gem.

Your first card flew out of the pack

Past:  Queen of cups.   Full of wisdom and virtue, honest and devoted person with a gift of vision.

Present:  9 of Pentacles.  Success and accomplishment.

Future: 2 if Cups .  Favourable in love and all things of pleasure, including business.

:-)
Thank-you :)

I must say though in case you hadn't noticed you have jumped straight to the end of the course lol?  I know its a bit confusing, here is the link to the Way Map that has all the lessons in order :) Any problems yell

http://mysticboard.org/vi ... 9462#99462

Gem

Post by Gem » Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:37 am

Chooky wrote:Aah Ha, I have found where everyone has been hiding out...

Using the RW deck, Past, present, future

9 Swords - You feel that a situation has got out of hand, and are not sure in which direction to go in.  You have withdrawn yourself from the situation, stepped back and have needed time to think things through

6 Wands - You are now feeling confident, and triumphant and successful in the current situation, you feel that you are on top of everything and things are running smoothly. Seize the day!

3 Pentacles - You are going to be rewarded for you hard work, and effort that you have put in. People realise that you are a hardworker and dedicated to the job and admire you and the work that you do.

Chooky
We weren't hiding lol. Thanks for the reading.

joydev6

hi to all

Post by joydev6 » Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:25 pm

hi
i am using Zen Osho cards
could anybody suggest to me wheter celtic cross spread is suitable for a variety of topics like finance,carrer and relationship etc.
regards
joydev

Gem

Post by Gem » Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:23 pm

Hi Joydev, welcome to Mystic Board.
You have jumped into the end of of Learn Tarot Class http://mysticboard.org/vi ... hp?t=24364 where we will be covering some of the more traditional spreads soon. You might want to join the class and then take the lessons in order.

Return to “Learn Tarot - Practice Readings”