Learn Tarot - Practice your reading here (1)

Please note readings given here will be done by tarot students of varying levels with the purpose of improving their skills and knowledge. These practice readings will draw feedback on the style, the card interpretations and overall content.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

nashota

Post by nashota » Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:13 pm

Gem wrote:
nashota wrote:Hi Gem.

Your first card flew out of the pack

Past:  Queen of cups.   Full of wisdom and virtue, honest and devoted person with a gift of vision.

Present:  9 of Pentacles.  Success and accomplishment.

Future: 2 if Cups .  Favourable in love and all things of pleasure, including business.

:-)
Thank-you :)

I must say though in case you hadn't noticed you have jumped straight to the end of the course lol?  I know its a bit confusing, here is the link to the Way Map that has all the lessons in order :) Any problems yell

http://mysticboard.org/vi ... 9462#99462
Oops sorry 'bout that  :smt003

weezerwall

Practice Reading 1

Post by weezerwall » Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:14 pm

Hi Gem!  Thanks for this great chance to practice! :smt002

This is my very FIRST time doing a "serious" reading for someone else and I must confess, I've been a little nervous about it! But, as one of my favorite Zen proverbs says: "Leap and the net will appear"  so HERE IT IS:

I used the Da Vinci Tarot deck in a 3-card spread with questions:

1.  What information does Gem need "today"?
2.  Which 3 cards can help her the most?

I drew these cards in this order:  Knight of Pentacles, 4 of Cups, Ace of Pentacles (REVERSED). My reflections:

Pentacles (2 cards) and Cups (1 card) –current  themes are material (financial) and physical (body) and your emotional reaction to them.

Knight of Pentacles – there is some "movement" on these issues.  There's a real need to put some energy/devote time to your physical and material/financial "health" and stability. You've been thinking about them, maybe doing some research (financial planning).  Perhaps this "wind"/trend has been steering you towards the idea of  getting some "outside" advice (a "doctor" or financial planner).

But you've been "putting off" doing anything concrete because we see the

4 of Cups – which feels like the wish to abstain from making "emotional" decisions.  Denying some feelings or simply refusing to have them.  Feels like a kind of emotional "fasting".  In wanting to "do it all by yourself" or "your own way" you may be missing out on some opportunities for fulfillment?

Alas, we may be looking at the result of all of this when we see the "poor"

ACE OF PENTACLES (REVERSED)!! What are we "gonna" do to "fatten up" the "bag of bones" in this picture?? What can you do to make yourself feel more "stable"?  To ground yourself without feeling too "earthbound"?  

Below is a picture of the cards for you.  If you click on the picture, you should be able to get a larger image.

Image :smt006

Warmest wishes!

Wendy (alias Weezer)

Gem

Post by Gem » Sat Jul 28, 2007 3:22 pm

Thanks Wendy :) Lovely reading, I am honoured to be amongst your first too.

You might find it easier if you 'title' or name each card's position, so you know what they are referring to.

Love the crystals too, any particular reason those were laid like that?

weezerwall

First Reading - Follow up

Post by weezerwall » Sat Jul 28, 2007 6:40 pm

:)  Hi Gem, so glad...

Yes, I was going to "label" the positions "Past", "Present", "Future" - but that didn't feel "right" - too much like "fortune telling" in this case.  (Nothing else felt any better - so clearly, I need practice in formulating questions (helping others to do so as well?) :smt017  

:) I like having my crystals around me - especially "Theresa" - the one lying vertically -  when I'm involved with my cards.  No special reason for the placement - at least none that I'm conscious of... :)

Bye for now,
W.-

BLouise

Post by BLouise » Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:52 pm

Hi Gem,
I feel like I need to practice my reading skills a little.  Hope you don't mind me giving these a shot.

I used the Gilded Tarot; past, present, future:

Past - 8 of Swords
Present - 7 of Pentacles
Future - 8 of Wands

You are a person who keeps to herself, possibly a homebody type of person.  This may be because there is some fear on some level.  You would rather be secluded than deal with other people's drama and are happy with your small circle of trusted friends and family.  You have worked hard on a project that you have nurtured and supported and now you are experiencing some material benefits from your hard work.  You may have or will soon receive good financial news.  In your future things will start moving.  You will see that delays that you have experienced will pass and things will start to go more smoothly.  There may also be travel by air in your future.

I look forward to your feedback if you have time.
Louise
“And the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.” – T.S. Elliot

pirbid

Post by pirbid » Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:26 pm

Your Mind                                  Your Heart                           Work on...

Since 2 out of 3 cards are Major Arcana (albeit upside down), I would think we are dealing with things that could be quite important to your well being. I usually interpret reversed cards as blocked energies, though it depends on the actual cards. So... ready to give it a try?

The first position was meant to reflect what is on your mind lately. I see you are involved on a very interesting project (or maybe three!  :smt003 ) that could be very useful to yourself and others. There is also a good chance for fulfillment if you lose yourself in the joy of it. So let us see how you can make it happen.

In your heart, you seem to be afraid to use your whole potential. There is lot of skill involved and boundless creativity if you can only reach your great stores of both. So think if there is anything holding you back: are you nervous about the outcome? Maybe you are hanging on the opinion of others involved? Well, I see nothing to worry about: you are amply capable of tackling this and a lot more besides, so free your inner Magician ASAP!  :)

The tip the cards seem to give is that you need to have hope that things will come out as they should, while letting your energy and creativity flow freely. Let yourself enjoy the process, be what you really are and not what others may expect. It may mean the difference between having a really positive experience you can cherish always, or taxing your nervous health about something you are fully capable of achieving happily and effortlessly. So, what will it be?  :smt002

Wish you the best of luck in your project, whatever it may be, and hope this has been some help to you. It would be great if you could let me know when you have had a chance to interpret these three cards yourself.  :smt006
Sunshine from the islands of eternal spring ;)

Gem

Post by Gem » Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:39 pm

OOOH Reversals!  Naughty you!  

But many thanks, lovely reading :)

I am always on the go, several projects all the time lol.

Personally I read reversals differently than you, and I don't ever set out to get them but try and keep my deck shuffled the right way up. If I do get a reversal I find it emphasises the card for two reasons. One because it stands out to the seeker as it is suddenly the only card facing them and so they point it out, usually straight away too, and secondly becuase it catches my eye being unusual for me to get any :)  So my take on the last two cards would be different to yours :)

In this basic learn tarot course we don't cover reversals and their meanings for this very reason but leave it up to the reader. :)

Well done you!

pirbid

Post by pirbid » Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:24 pm

:) Thank you, Gem. I know reversals are controversial and their interpretations as varied as readers.

Very interesting point, though: I never realized that a reversed card would be facing the querent, thereby drawing their attention more than others. Of course, if you do nothing to get a reversal and still get it, it is bound to draw your attention, just as when some cards turn up of their own volition while shuffling.

In some way, my interpretation is not so far from that, since for me reversed cards point out potential problems or blocks we might want to look at more closely in order to get a nice outcome in the end.

Anyway, glad you enjoyed it  :)  Mmm... Now I am not sure if I should try not to get reversals in my homework or if it is OK, as long as I explain what they mean to me?  :smt002
Sunshine from the islands of eternal spring ;)

glenellen

Post by glenellen » Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:16 pm

Hi Gem here is your 3 card spread past, present and future with original rider Waite deck

First card 2 pentacles..you have had a few near misses it was'nt all plain sailing some tough decisions but you have learned to balance them well

Second card 3 wands..you look at your life and wonder what it would be like if you done things differently if you made other decisions but your content and happy with the outcome

Third card ace of swords... there is a new challenge ahead for you its going to be something different something that you think may not be for you and may ignore it but take a chance

Renata1

Trying to read better

Post by Renata1 » Thu May 08, 2008 1:42 am

Dear Gem,

As I said, I’m still a kind of confused and if this post of mine is not to be here, please let me know and I’ll try to place it on the correct place (which I don’t give idea now where I have to put, sorry).

So, I’m at a phase of my life full of indecisions, where anything moves back or forth. So I decide to play tarot to start working in a more directed practical way, I mean, interpreting my own situation. I normally get 3 card to read and 1 to solve a doubt or to confirm what the 3 told me before.
These are the themes and card I got up with. Can you give me your impressions about, please?

May, 07 – Reading
(Me and my husband have a newspaper store and we want to sell it – So, the question then is related to this)
Cards / My interpretation:
Star – A delicate situation
Judgment – If you persevere, you’ll sell the store
Chariot – This sell is/will be involved by doubts
Magician – There’s a lesson to be learned
High Priestess = Conclusion -> It’s not a good time to hurry things

(Financial Troubles)
Cards / My interpretation:
Devil – it’s a common situation to everyone
Magician – This situation involves learning/self maturation
Hierophant – Reinforcement of the learning/self maturation
Lovers -???
High Priestess - ???

So, I couldn’t interpret these two last cards with the ones I got up with before. Can you give me a hint, please?

Thanks,
Renata

Gem

Post by Gem » Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:02 pm

Hi,

I have enroled you on the course but you have to follow it in oredre please or you won't benefit from the method. Please go back and start at the beginning.

Jomomma

3 card spread

Post by Jomomma » Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:53 am

first card-past: Hanging man:

You were carefree in your pat, you had many choices to make

second card- present: 9 of Wands:

You are running on reservice, getting tired

third card: 8 of Wands:

things are going to start moving fast for you, you will have enough engery and will power to make it.  Travel may be in your future
joonlyonemomma

suzisco

Post by suzisco » Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:05 pm

what was your question Jomomma? How did the practice reading feel for you?

Suzi
Enjoy when you can and endure when you must.
Everydays Predictions - Symbols - Picture Reading - Spirituality    Please support Mystic Board Donate Here

deelitefullyme

3 card reading

Post by deelitefullyme » Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:51 am

Okay, Gem, I shuffled, cut and dealt your cards, here are your results:

card 1 - VII Chariot:
  PAST: you had a power you wanted to control.  It was not well trained so you had to keep your focus on it to keep it under control.  You gained success through mastery and harnessing the energy to guide your success.  It took work and dedication.

card 2 - Ace of Swords
  PRESENT: you are at the supremacy of clear thinking and rationality.  You are using the gift of Swords for knowledtge and understanding.  You get a flash of insight or an idea that helps solve a particularly problem or experience.  

card 3 - Queen of Swords
  FUTURE: you will begin to wait for the next problem that needs solving.  You know a lot from personal experience.  You will observe life around you to gain an extensive knowledge for problem solving.  You will make a loyal friend but will appear to lack affection or emotional warmth making some afraid to approach you.

Well, that's my reading.  Was I even close.  Only time will tell...

I love this course.  Just wish I was active when everyone else was.  It will probably take a while before you even read this.  Oh well, on to the next lesson.  I am learning alot.

Thanks.
Dee.

suzisco

Post by suzisco » Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:37 am

Sadly Gem is no longer with Mystic Board so you won't get a reply from her.

I am happy for you to practice on me as i have taken over her duties on a temporary basis for the time being.

Kind Regards

Suzi
Enjoy when you can and endure when you must.
Everydays Predictions - Symbols - Picture Reading - Spirituality    Please support Mystic Board Donate Here

Return to “Learn Tarot - Practice Readings”