Learn Tarot - Practice your reading here (1)

Please note readings given here will be done by tarot students of varying levels with the purpose of improving their skills and knowledge. These practice readings will draw feedback on the style, the card interpretations and overall content.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

Mandimedea

Post by Mandimedea » Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:03 pm

Well, thank you.  I have been doing the classes alone at my own pace and it is so good to get some feedback.  I needed assurance that I was following the right path reading these cards.

womanofthecraft

Post by womanofthecraft » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:54 am

Hello Gem!

I will be using 3 cards from the major arcana, chosen randomly from the Rider Tarot

The middle- present-The Chariot
Left-past-The Emperor
Right-future-The Fool

Meaning:  It is your time to travel, Possibly a spiritual journey.
              But someone or something has held you back in the past.
              Your days to come appear to be spontaniously fun, but be cautios in the choices and decisions you make!

Brightest Blessings
Connie
womanofthecraft

pogoplayer

Practice Reading

Post by pogoplayer » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:41 pm

Deck = Rider-Waite

Cards = The Moon upright, The Sun upright and Four of Pentacles upright.

pogoplayer

Practice Reading

Post by pogoplayer » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:58 pm

Corrected below:

Deck = Rider-Waite

Left - The Moon upright = Intuition, imagination

Middle - The Sun upright = Confidence, illumination

Right - Four Pentacles upright = Security, stability

suzisco

Post by suzisco » Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:15 am

Hi pogoplayer, just add your thoughts to interpretation on each of the threads relating to each card, this bit is for practicing readings once you have completed the course.  Your doing great though.

Suzi
Enjoy when you can and endure when you must.
Everydays Predictions - Symbols - Picture Reading - Spirituality    Please support Mystic Board Donate Here

pogoplayer

Thanks Suzico

Post by pogoplayer » Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:19 pm

It's good to know I'm doing good on the practices.

lilmogirl

Lilmogirl's Reading

Post by lilmogirl » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:05 pm

Hi Gem,
I am using the Universal Waite deck.

I drew:
1. 8 of Cups (past)
2. 8 of Wands (present)
3. The Sun (future)

8 of Cups: Effort has stopped on a (previous) project or plans, maybe because of some sort of disappointment. Never the less, the plans have been abandoned. Maybe you were too shy or modest to follow through, at any cost, success was not achieved.

8 of wands: a new activity or project is in play and maybe moving too swiftly. The progress, movement or decision is sudden. Because of this fast action hasty decisions may be made and advancements maybe to rapid.

The Sun: Connecting with the action in the previous card, in the future you may find satisfaction through an accomplishment; this maybe because of something happening presently. Keeping on this path, you will find contentment in your success. A relationship may also develop in your favor and you may see love, joy, and devotion developing with unselfish sentiment. You may become engaged or marriage may shift to happiness and you'll find pleasure in your daily existence. A good friend may also come into play offering high spirits, warmth and sincerity. You'll find pleasures derived from simple things. You may achieve something in the arts. Never the less, you will find liberation at this time.
Love and Peace and Blessings,

Lilmogirl

korrin

Post by korrin » Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:20 am

Hi Gem, I'm new to this forum, but I thought I would give this a go.

I will be using the Rider Waite deck to do what I call a "Scope of Circumstance" reading.  It doesn't give any future outlook, but it could be used to assess a current situation.  In the spread, the first card is actually in the center--so the spread is 2-1-3

Card 1 represents the current situation that may deserve some attention
Card 2 represents an internal factor of yours that can affect the environment
Card 3 Represents external factors that should be assessed (environment, other people, Etc.)

Card 1:  Ace of Swords--This card is showing that right now, you're trying to get to the bottom of something--you're trying to figure out how to overcome some kind of challenge and you are looking for wisdom and truth to help you figure it out.  It's a minor challenge that you are facing.

Card 2:  The Star--Your nature is one of trusting your intuition--you maintain hope yet you keep a foot on solid ground.  So whatever challenges you face, you stay grounded, yet you really see that glimmer of hope, no matter how much of a struggle you're in.  You're the kind of person who does analyse the situation, but you don't tend to feel like it's all over or that you're never going to get through it.  You know you're going to over come the minor set-back.

Card 3:  Seven of Swords-- this minor set-back or challenge you face--you need to be working on it as a team, but there's someone else who seems a little apprehensive about  involving others in the ultimate decision-making.  --Or, they don't want outside help.  It could be a pride thing, and now that you're aware of it, you can use that Star strength of yours to address that in a way that will help solve your immediate challenge.

korrin

Post by korrin » Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:26 am

I just realized Gem isn't here!!  :)  My cards didn't show that. :) LOL  But hey, it's practice.  :)

George

Post by George » Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:13 am

korrin wrote:I just realized Gem isn't here!!  :)  My cards didn't show that. :) LOL  But hey, it's practice.  :)
yea, gone for sometime but don't let them make your efforts not worth while. every step is always a step forward!   :smt006
Common sense dictates there is no such thing as common sense.

fireflyreader

Post by fireflyreader » Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:48 am

I noticed the dates in the Tarot Forum are pretty old...is this still an active Forum?

Thanks,
Firefly

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:50 pm

Unfortunately this is not such an active forum...
If you have any questions you can post them in the Tarot Discussions forum.

Return to “Learn Tarot - Practice Readings”