Learn Tarot - Try this one (3)

Please note readings given here will be done by tarot students of varying levels with the purpose of improving their skills and knowledge. These practice readings will draw feedback on the style, the card interpretations and overall content.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

pirbid

My Negative Polarity Spread

Post by pirbid » Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:01 pm

By pirbid

I have used Robin Wood's deck, for a change and because I thought my reactions would be fresher, since I am not so familiar with them as with RW. I tried to take a pic of them in line, but my webcam is just not good enough and I am one of those few people without a decent digital camera, so I had to scan them, and this was the only way to fit them all in the same picture.

My question has been "Things I should know about myself?" I have used the position meanings Gem gave us (lazy me), and they are placed thus:

ME

Strengths                              Weaknesses

REAL PROBLEM

What I need                            Who or what can  
                   to do                                       help me

OUTCOME

ME: THE HIEROPHANT - I am dogmatic, intolerant, a know-it-all busybody who thinks herself better than the rest. The good side is that I like order, helping others in those things I feel capable of and, above all, learning and teaching.

STRENGTHS: 4 OF PENTACLES -  I really and truly know how to protect myself: my time, my space, my material possesions. I am well organized and always have everything under control or else... I fall prey to a nervous attack  :smt013

WEAKNESSES: 4 OF CUPS - I am sometimes too apathetic for words, lose interest in my projects, refuse to even look at anything new and challenging. And, above all, I refuse to interact with other people most of the time.

REAL PROBLEM: THE WHEEL OF FORTUNE - I am scared of not being able to  know what is coming next in my life. I like movement, but I also like to be able to point the direction in which I want to go. This card specially reminds me of my awfully extreme changes of mood, usually in tune with my hormonal cycle. And yes, I see it as a very real problem in my everyday life, I assure you.

WHAT I NEED TO DO: THE MOON - I need to trust in my dreams and my inner life, such as it is, because it is always brutally honest and right to the point, whether I like it or not (specially my dreams, once interpreted). I also need to be less prone to believe everybody is out to deceive me.

WHO OR WHAT CAN HELP ME: THE DEVIL - I suppose it refers to being aware of my addictions and all the ways in which I come to depend on others, however independent I would like to believe myself. I guess being aware of it is the first step in being rid of them.

OUTCOME: 3 OF SWORDS - Heartbreak. Sooner or later, I feel defeated or let down, unjustly treated, betrayed and snubbed by those I thought near. Then the whole wheel begins anew with my "4 tendencies" of overprotection and aloofness, my Hierophant intolerance, my moony sense of deceitfulness and taking comfort in my addictions (by the way, in case you are gettting worried there, it is mainly to food, specially chocolate).

Seeing this exaggerated (I hope) picture of my life routines, I can see most of my unhappiness is my own doing, specially because I tend to have very high expectations on the behavior of others, which leads unerringly to feeling let down, since the poor things are not gods or supernatural creatures (I seem to see myself above the rest, in one of the figures I hate most in society, to top it all off).

I feel great, just as when getting some insight from a dream: brutally honest, this is. :smt011
Sunshine from the islands of eternal spring ;)

pirbid

My Positive Polarity Spread

Post by pirbid » Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:30 pm

Here we are again. Same question: "Things I need to know about myself?" and same spread:

ME

Strengths                             Weaknesses

REAL PROBLEM

What to do                                    Help

OUTCOME

ME: 8 OF PENTACLES - The eternal student. I love learning new things and perfecting my abilities, both in my job and hobbies because, who knows? someday I might end up making a living from my hobbies. Wouldn't we all like that?

STRENGHTS: 4 OF SWORDS - Knowing when to take a break. I feel rest is very important in order to be able to happily carry on with life. I also know when to isolate myself so that I can think, plan, dream and take stock of where I am and what I want to do next.

WEAKNESSES: 1 OF PENTACLES - Maybe loving material comforts too much, giving them preference over spiritual growth (my! maybe that is why my mind absolutely refuses meditation  :smt019 ).

THE REAL PROBLEM: DEATH - Mmm..., yes, I can see how that could be a problem;)  
However, it could also refer to change, or the way I face it. Probably  with fear, even though I have always thought I tended to embrace it. But the fact that The Wheel was the Real Problem in the last spread, also meaning change, must point to an issue with that. Not so surprising, since I really like to have everything under control and change does not much allow for that.

WHAT I NEED TO DO: 8 OF CUPS - I need to know when to get out of a situation before it gives any sign of collapsing around my ears. That requires a very sharp intuition, so I might need to work on that and pay more attention to what is going on around me (I am definitely not good at that: I am mostly oblivious to my social surroundings).

WHO OR WHAT CAN HELP ME: 9 OF PENTACLES - Of course, learning to be more disciplined. There are always more disciplined people around me from whom I could learn, if I took the trouble to spend more time with them.

OUTCOME: STRENGTH - Ffffiu... I was wondering how all this was going to end. The way I see it, if I manage to shore up my strengths, curb my weaknesses and learn from my mistakes and from wiser people than myself (yes, there are more of those than I would like to believe), I will end up fortifying my character. That will come out as learning to be more patient, understanding, persuasive instead of aggressive and taking a good hold of my wayward emotions.

Shame the spread does not specify when that miracle is likely to come about: I may face "The Real Problem" before it happens!  :smt003
Sunshine from the islands of eternal spring ;)

glenellen

Post by glenellen » Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:50 am

I'm using the original rider Waite deck, my question is tell me about me now and negative cards are as follows

ME.... TEN OF SWORDS.. afraid of betrayal not trusting others
THE real problem..THE TOWER...losing my home and family not being able to cope
My greatest strength...SIX OF SWORDS.. running away from my problems
My greatest weakness..NINE OF SWORDS...letting things get to me, sleepless nights
What i need to do...EIGHT OF SWORDS...to cover things up hope they will go away
Who or What can help...FIVE OF SWORDS..we might find something if we keep looking
The outcome..THREE OF SWORDS..it can only mean a broken heart sure everyone has one at some stage

Here is my positive cards

ME..TWO OF SWORDS..not afraid of a challenge, confident in myself
The real Problem..TWO OF PENTACLES..despite of a rocky start i have learned from mistakes I'm able to balance my finances
My greatest strength...STRENGTH..I'm psychially and mentally able to cope with almost anything
My greatest weakness...SIX OF CUPS..being overly concerned about my family
What i need to do..ACE OF SWORDS...to embrace new challenges
Who or What can help..THREE OF CUPS..my family and friends learn to relax and enjoy other company
Outcome...TWO OF CUPS...I no there is always someone there when i need them

glenellen

Post by glenellen » Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:07 am

Hi Gem ye its me again can you tell me whats next i cant seem to find where im going now, thanks

Mandimedea

Post by Mandimedea » Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:11 am

My question How to find my Inner calling

NEGATIVE
Me-5 cups, I have regrets and loss of what I want and dreams.  I want to accept myself for who I am, but I don't know who that is yet

Problem:Disputes in life and anxiety and feeling lost, want a change I feel spiritually ruined right now or more like lost-what is my purpose

Strength - 3 swords - because I have suffered heartbreak and pain in my life I know that I am strong enough to find my way through this journey

weakness - 9 swords - I tend to think about things too much and anxiety sets in and guilt and I need to remind myself that the worst has passed and to move on

What I need to do - Tower - I need to shake down my foundation and make some sudden changes in my life which may cause some upheavel to fight for what I want

Who or What can help - 10 swords - My faith in myself to tranform into a better spiritual person.  I need to follow my instincts and heart and gut to guide me to a new life, I need to hit rock bottom of what I know

Outcome - Death - A complete change to my true self, beginning of a new spirtitual life

POSITIVE

Me - Queen Cups - I am a mature woman with wisdom and I am emotional and spirtitual,  Looking for who I REALLY am

Problem - 10 cups - I want to be who I was meant to be to attain contentment in my life to be successful and overcome my daily problems peacefully

Strength - Wheel of fortune - I have a vision of a new beginnig, I have opportunities that I will go after and have knowledge that what I put in I will get out-karma

Weakness -  9 Pentacles - sometimes I am motivated by financial gain or freedom instead of spirtual gain and freedom

What I need to do - strength - Have the courage to go after my dreams and find my true calling, I need to have patience, determination and will power to achieve it.

Who or What will help - Star - I have the hope and opening up my spirtitual awareness and find that balance and harmony I need in my life to guide me

Outcome - Sun - If I follow my spiritual path I will achieve greatness and exude confidence and energy renewal to get to my greatest accomplishments

pogoplayer

Polarity Reading

Post by pogoplayer » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:37 pm

1-The Star - abundance of stars in the sky, abundance of water and green grass
2- High Priestess - looks so regal in her flowing robes
3-The Empress - looks like she's making a decision on case which is legal and I'm in the legal field
4-Strength- looks like an angel petting a lion's head which shows man and beast will come together
5-Queen of pentacles - looks like she's nurturing her child
6-Knight of pentacles -looks like he's taking a ride along the countryside
7- Knight of cups - looks like a lawyer and he's in balance with something in each hand

Dislike

1-The Hermit- reminds me of death in his robes even though he has a lantern
2-10 of wands - looks like he's struggling to hold or carry the wands
3-The Hierophant-looks like someone just got in trouble and they're talking and he holds his hand up to silence them
4-The Devil - this is a scary looking card
5-Death-A skeleton riding on a horse in armor and someone has died as he rides by
6-The Hanged Man-an angel hung upside down with one leg crossed is scary
7-The Tower-looks like people are jumping to get away from the lighting that struck the tower

Q: What is the source of negativity in my life at this time?

pogoplayer

Polarity Reading

Post by pogoplayer » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:38 pm

Rider-Waite deck

1-The Star - abundance of stars in the sky, abundance of water and green grass
2- High Priestess - looks so regal in her flowing robes
3-The Empress - looks like she's making a decision on case which is legal and I'm in the legal field
4-Strength- looks like an angel petting a lion's head which shows man and beast will come together
5-Queen of pentacles - looks like she's nurturing her child
6-Knight of pentacles -looks like he's taking a ride along the countryside
7- Knight of cups - looks like a lawyer and he's in balance with something in each hand

Dislike

1-The Hermit- reminds me of death in his robes even though he has a lantern
2-10 of wands - looks like he's struggling to hold or carry the wands
3-The Hierophant-looks like someone just got in trouble and they're talking and he holds his hand up to silence them
4-The Devil - this is a scary looking card
5-Death-A skeleton riding on a horse in armor and someone has died as he rides by
6-The Hanged Man-an angel hung upside down with one leg crossed is scary
7-The Tower-looks like people are jumping to get away from the lighting that struck the tower

Q: What is the source of negativity in my life at this time?

jenniferi

Post by jenniferi » Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:06 pm

I need to sign up for this....
Jennifer
Virtual-Assistant-Advocate

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:27 pm

This course is not running anymore. Pleas visit the general tarot room where there are discussions about the cards.

Hope to see you there.

Return to “Learn Tarot - Practice Readings”