Practice Readings - The Pyramid Spread (4)

Please note readings given here will be done by tarot students of varying levels with the purpose of improving their skills and knowledge. These practice readings will draw feedback on the style, the card interpretations and overall content.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

Chooky

Post by Chooky » Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:16 am

Chrsidee,

Question - What future event is coming for Chrisdee

The Situation - The Devil
You are going to feel trapped in a relationship, you are going to feel that there is no way out, you have lived this situation for so long, that it has become second nature.  

This is how it happened - 3 Wands
You have taken stock of what you have, and have expanded your horizons. So perhaps becuase of your change in thinking, you now see the relationship as a bondage situation.

This is the way I feel today - 2 Wands
You feel that you have gathered your resources, you feel that you have enough knowledge to take that different path, and now it is time to pick your moment to implement it.

This is what you are afraid of - The Tower
You are concerned that there is going to be a turn of events, you feel that everything is going to come crashing down, that the situation is going to get worse.  It is your inner fear, perhaps warranted, but the change needs to happen if you are to move on for the positive.  

This will happen in the Future - Knight of Pentacles
There are changes afoot, which I feel that you are not comfortable about, but just take care, and don't miss the boat on opportunities becuase you fear this change.  Embrace potentials and make the changes and have the success you desire.

This is the warning the Tarot are sending - Knight of Swords
Don't let others put your ideas and thoughts about things down, be self assured, positive, and try not to take any criticism to heart.  Be proud about who you are, and embrace your new found self

This is the suggestion the Tarot are sending you - The Chariot
You are on the right path, you just need to start on that journey and be assured that you are on the right track.  You need to be very determined and always keep your goal in sight.

Not sure what you think about all of that...let me know

Chooky

chrisdee

Post by chrisdee » Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:14 am

The Situation - The Devil
You are going to feel trapped in a relationship, you are going to feel that there is no way out, you have lived this situation for so long, that it has become second nature.
-----yes this is true and i have just accepted the situation  

This is how it happened - 3 Wands
You have taken stock of what you have, and have expanded your horizons. So perhaps becuase of your change in thinking, you now see the relationship as a bondage situation.
----not really expanded my horizons I'm frightened of change i have how ever become stronger mentally
This is the way I feel today - 2 Wands
You feel that you have gathered your resources, you feel that you have enough knowledge to take that different path, and now it is time to pick your moment to implement it.
----yes i am waiting for the right time

This is what you are afraid of - The Tower
You are concerned that there is going to be a turn of events, you feel that everything is going to come crashing down, that the situation is going to get worse.  It is your inner fear, perhaps warranted, but the change needs to happen if you are to move on for the positive.
----yes as above i am frightened of change  

This will happen in the Future - Knight of Pentacles
There are changes afoot, which I feel that you are not comfortable about, but just take care, and don't miss the boat on opportunities becuase you fear this change.  Embrace potentials and make the changes and have the success you desire.
----this is future /but what you have read does go with what ive been thinking  

This is the warning the Tarot are sending - Knight of Swords
Don't let others put your ideas and thoughts about things down, be self assured, positive, and try not to take any criticism to heart.  Be proud about who you are, and embrace your new found self
----This also is sounds familiar

This is the suggestion the Tarot are sending you - The Chariot
You are on the right path, you just need to start on that journey and be assured that you are on the right track.  You need to be very determined and always keep your goal in sight.
----right path- yes ive had this confirmed /journey will start when old patterns repeat them selves/

Well Chooky this reading was on the right path, just noticed your in Australia distance doesn't really come in to it when you do a reading does it
but i feel now that any further readings done on this subject will be influenced with are discussions on are readings for each other
Thank you very much for your readings--- may be Gem would like to come in and add any  comments

Chooky

Post by Chooky » Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:47 am

Yes Chrisdee, I agree, I think I know too much through our discussions now, to be able to take a neutral position on any more readings regarding this issue.  

And I agree, distance obviously means nothing...

I hope that things work out for you, I am thinking of you, and will no doubt keep a tabs on where you are at through this forum.

Chooky x

Gem

Post by Gem » Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:30 am

I really enjoyed reading all that, it seems you two have a really special bond.

And.. you have both shown the unique relationship that can develop in this kind of situation. What I want to mention now is confidence, not the kind that stops us from saying something but being confidential, giving readings that are confidential. Mystic board has the guideline that all readings should be public and posted on the boards. There are many reasons for this, of course it keeps the boards busy and thus creates more people wanting readings and also more readers wanting to help or sometimes just show they can read better :(  another reason is because the forum is moderated and the staff can browse through and make sure that the readings are polite and caring etc, but it also brings about the question should we give all. My personal feeling is that some things should stay strictly confidential and that sometimes in a reading we link in a get such a clear picture that we just can't post it and so then is the time to perhaps keep that private.  

When reading face to face this is already covered, the reading is given in confidence and no-one else needs to know the content. Just something to bear in mind.

Chooky, I love the way you made the spread and questios to fit :) well done

Chris , you too, your confidence is building. I understand about trying to find time on your own to work on this, it can be hard, thats why sometimes I don't manage to give readings for days then get a load done all at once. Keep up the good work, we need to draw you to write more and more I think now we have got you started :)

Bravo to you both  {{{{{{{{Chooky&Chris}}}}}}}}}
Chris,

George

Re: Practice Readings - The Pyramid Spread (4)

Post by George » Sat Jul 14, 2007 12:50 pm

Gem wrote:Sooo... we all need CONFIDENCE!!

My name is Gem, and I would like a general reading please about the next few months as I am having to make some tough decisions about work.
Cards 1, 2, 3, Recent Past
1, The Querent:  X of Wands, someone carrying a heavy burden and having to carry your own weigh.
2, Help: Knight of Wands, always making a choice and going forward to victory or lost but always going forward and working with your own choices.
3, Hinder: The Sun, a nice Major, rides in like a lion and if there is any hindering to your choices is that you see the bright side to all and not the problems you may face.  

Cards 4,5,6, Present
4, The Querent: II of Wands, you are holding the world in your hands and all that you view is yours.
5, Help:  Ace of Cups, things are coming to a head will help from a known man with a spiritual tone to him but not necessary a spiritual resolution to a problem.
6, Hinder: II of Pentacles, money is in play and is tided to a decision that goes ‘round and ‘round.  

7 & 8 The near future
7, Advice:  VIII of Cups, Walk away from your decision and go out into the night and see if you are able to see in the dark when choosing your path.  
8, Outcome: VII of Wands, a lot of decisions burden you and you have now chosen a wand to work with in your endeavourers.

Conclusion:  You have always based your decision based on your heart and education and that has worked for you.  In the daylight it is easier to see the world but at night you have to look closer and focus more on what you want even if you have to put things off for a while to make sure you are choosing the right cup (path).  A known man is going to come into play for the path that you want to choose.  Listen to him carefully and wait for the cup to fill or empty itself meaning that your weighing the decision that he offers to you.  With the Ace of Cups, reversed or not, we are not sure if the cup is being filled or emptied.   Look at the hand right side up the cup does not fall to the ground and reversed the cup still sits in a right up side of the hand that has not fallen yet after all these years.  My advice is to weigh you decisions carefully then bring all the cards together and make your decision and choose your one wand (outcome) to your problems.  You have it in you to make the right decisions so don’t let it burden you too much but don’t let it slip by because of the sun in your eyes look closely in the dark.
Attachments
prymad_gem.JPG
prymad_gem.JPG (251.18 KiB) Viewed 4338 times
Common sense dictates there is no such thing as common sense.

Gem

Post by Gem » Sat Jul 14, 2007 1:03 pm

Thanks George :) Love the picture too, but oh what a lot of reversals!!! 5 out of 8? I wonder.. how often do you re-order your deck? set them all the right way up in suit order and majors 0-21?  Do you actively seek and use reversals? I know we haven't covered them yet but we can later, although my feeling is that those cards are attention seeking and would be the first that would draw my eye if I were sitting opposite you during that reading.

Smashing reading, nicely laid out and presented too :)  Do you have a question for a reading that can be done for you? Perhaps chooky or Chris might want to?

Chooky

Post by Chooky » Sat Jul 14, 2007 1:12 pm

Yes, George, do you want a reading?

I would love one after the week that I have just had!! In a nutshell, my 15 month old decided to swallow an open hair clip, a rough 48 hours, an operation later, and an exhausted mother, father, and everyone else involved and my 3 year old thinking it is xmas and what is all the fuss about.

Chooky

George

Re: Practice Readings - The Pyramid Spread (4)

Post by George » Sat Jul 14, 2007 1:13 pm

Gem wrote:Sooo... we all need CONFIDENCE!!

And one of the easiest ways of increasing our confidence when giving readings is by practiscing. Doin lots of readings, every day, whenever we can, on friends, family and class mates.

Sooooo....

Here will be our own little confidence boost session.

First we will learn a new layout, then we will all read for each other and get a reading too. Those of you with cameras, see if you can take a pic of your spread for us all to see and share :)

Lets see how you all get on with this reading for me. Then you can all post a question for others to have a go at and lets see if we can improve our confidence and reading quality :)

For the last month my life has been in completely turmoil and a lot of bad things has happened.  The decisions I think I may have to make I don’t even want to deal with.  On top of all that, I’m thinking about getting a second job to pay off my debits faster.  I’m tired of doing it slowly.  Should I once again but aside my own personally needs for others?

Chooky

Post by Chooky » Sat Jul 14, 2007 1:14 pm

Gem, how often should you re-order your deck??

Chooky

Chooky

Post by Chooky » Sat Jul 14, 2007 1:16 pm

I think you must be online as I type George?

Obviously...

George

Post by George » Sat Jul 14, 2007 1:21 pm

Gem wrote:Thanks George :) Love the picture too, but oh what a lot of reversals!!! 5 out of 8? I wonder.. how often do you re-order your deck? set them all the right way up in suit order and majors 0-21?  Do you actively seek and use reversals? I know we haven't covered them yet but we can later, although my feeling is that those cards are attention seeking and would be the first that would draw my eye if I were sitting opposite you during that reading.

Smashing reading, nicely laid out and presented too :)  Do you have a question for a reading that can be done for you? Perhaps chooky or Chris might want to?
i never "re-order" my deck.  i always felt if that i would trying to force the cards to do something that they may not want to do.  :smt004  i just shuffling them and cut them several times for a reading.

yes, i use reversed cards but not all the time.  that confusion for me has eneded.  when i placed and read your cards the only one that stuck out to me that might me more because of the reverse was the Ace of Cups.  the others ones i just didn't feel anything strong about them.  they meant what they meant reversed or not.

:smt006

Chooky

Post by Chooky » Sat Jul 14, 2007 1:23 pm

George, will have a try at your question tommorrow as it is late here, and i am tired, and not in the right frame of mind to do a reading.

Actually another question, open to anyone...I have a friend who I do readings for all the time, she is my practise person, I find she is really draining becuase she is so negative in her thought patterns which is reflected in the cards, how do I get her to focus on more positive aspects of her life.

George

Post by George » Sat Jul 14, 2007 1:26 pm

Chooky wrote:Yes, George, do you want a reading?

I would love one after the week that I have just had!! In a nutshell, my 15 month old decided to swallow an open hair clip, a rough 48 hours, an operation later, and an exhausted mother, father, and everyone else involved and my 3 year old thinking it is xmas and what is all the fuss about.

Chooky
yes, would like a reading!  posted question in this thread!  :smt004

yes, we do seem to be onling as we are typing and so is Gem!   :smt002

will do a reading for you later today or tomorrow.  right now, i did to get busy and get some work done then go see my mother, and so it goes...  i'm tell you it never ends.   :smt012   plus, i'm feeling a little out of it after doing Gem's reading.  you'll get a better reading later or tomorrow whe i rest a little.   :smt012

ttyl  :smt006

George

Post by George » Sat Jul 14, 2007 1:37 pm

Chooky wrote:George, will have a try at your question tommorrow as it is late here, and i am tired, and not in the right frame of mind to do a reading.

Actually another question, open to anyone...I have a friend who I do readings for all the time, she is my practise person, I find she is really draining becuase she is so negative in her thought patterns which is reflected in the cards, how do I get her to focus on more positive aspects of her life.

sounds good!   :smt007   i'm hoping my reading from you doesn't throw all the negativity that i've been going through your way. i'm hoping for better and heathler things soon.   :smt020

Gem

Post by Gem » Sat Jul 14, 2007 4:39 pm

Chooky wrote:Gem, how often should you re-order your deck??

Chooky
Well, it is one way of 'clearing' a deck after, or before, a particularly stressful reading.  It is refreshing and means that the cards have to be throughly shuffled before the next one into impart energy back into the correct mix.

Return to “Learn Tarot - Practice Readings”