newbie question

Please note readings given here will be done by tarot students of varying levels with the purpose of improving their skills and knowledge. These practice readings will draw feedback on the style, the card interpretations and overall content.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

emma220

newbie question

Post by emma220 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:03 am

hi, i'm quite new to this but once i was told never to buy tarot cards as they should be given to you, so was wonndering if n e 1 had some to give away????????????

StormGirl Blue

Post by StormGirl Blue » Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:52 am

Hi Emma,
That is a common lore, but it doesnt always suit.
But I believe the basis of that lore is that the cards for you find you.. in this day and age thats one way or another. Asking for a gift on a forum is no different to the theory behind buying just any ol' deck...
whereas being "gifted" with a deck in the keeping of the theory behind that lore that gift would be valued as something special that was given. The gift as something that touches your heart and makes a spiritual connection would be more in keeping with that saying...
I don't think it would help much if someone gave you a deck that didn't inspire you.
IMO you are far better off looking around without the intention of buying a deck. ( than asking for someone to give you a deck )
The cards that are for you will seemingly come to you.. ie you find yourself accidentally buying deck, for some reason you couldn't help it..lol,
like stumbling upon something so beautiful you just cant leave them there.
it is possible for you and your cards to find each other spiritually even if it means you end up purchasing them.

jenniferi

Post by jenniferi » Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:01 pm

Very good point...

:)
Jennifer
Virtual-Assistant-Advocate

Return to “Learn Tarot - Practice Readings”