Cancerians are prone to depression and other mental breakdowns!

Meet people born under Cancer here

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

sensitiveambitiousguy

Post by sensitiveambitiousguy » Sun Jul 01, 2007 8:46 pm

I don't think we (Cancerians) are prone to depression -but yes I think we do tend to think too much ...esp. about the past - which other signs like Aries and Leo seem to ignore.

Thinking too much can affect the body also ......I found that whenever I had a major exam or project where I was worried, my stomach acidity increased manifold .....
Even in normal circumstances , I have less ability to eat and digest spicy foods as compared to other care-free people.
Sensitive Ambitious Guy
Software Engineer,India

avikat

Post by avikat » Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:58 pm

i think we cancerian have tendency of thinking too much....we r so sensitive that if we are affected emotionally in some respect, it normally impacts our physical body as well...also we dwell in the past and keep on missing all friends and places...
it used to happen with me as well near the exams i couldnt eat that much and used to have nauseating feeling...

sataurian

crazy cancerians

Post by sataurian » Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:10 am

I believe we as cancerians have the hardest time mentally and emotionally because the we are controlled by the moon, just as the oceans are. we have waves of moods throughout the month. I have learned to prepare my self by what the the changing moon phases and setting my mind for what is to come. I have seen to many other of my cancerian friends on med's. There are other ways to control and embrace who we are, for the are so many aspects of ourselves throughout a month. we are like a faceted diamond with many sides. Take advantage of mood swings and shifts. Use them in a positive way. I write or draw. I have came up with many dark and depressing writings and original artwork. Go within your shell, but discover what is in there while you are hiding. Peace to all! Sataurian

lexie1234

Post by lexie1234 » Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:43 am

too true i am heaps sensitive and really emotional.

and at 15 alot of people don't get "me"

everlasting crea

Post by everlasting crea » Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:12 am

This is true...and I am way too emotional...

DevAngel

There are many others as well

Post by DevAngel » Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:31 am

I have found that through out my life not only have i let my emotions rule me but I have the worst timing to let them explode. I have been at work and whena  coworker said something about how her mother as recovering from surgery I just broke down in tears and could not explain whay I was crying or what was making me feel so deeply depressed. I have been on medication for my anxiety although there are times that I think I can go with out it and i find our that I am very wrong by the time it is time to leave the house. I have found myself spending three days in my pajamas in a room with no lights andthe curtains pulled for three days just so i would not have to face anyone and let them see me and how bad I was feeling at the time.
DEV~ANGEL

Dreams25

Post by Dreams25 » Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:14 am

I was discussing that with my best friend who is a cancer also and that through the years it has been really difficult for us to express the way we truly feel or put our feelings into words.... We figured out that we should take a min or two to collect our feelings and throughts and put them into words even if its an hour later...It happens our feelings are a bit overwhelming until we can finally find the right words to express those feelings...

I might not be making sense but that's what we came up with from years of experience. Take your time everyone will hear what you have to say sooner or later...

Fyrbeast

Post by Fyrbeast » Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:59 pm

:smt004 Being a cancer as well, I can sympathize with you all. I don't think it is all just the emotional tightrope that we walk. We (or at least I do) catch myself fretting about things, and their outcomes...but those things happened  :smt012 couple years back. Why fret over something that is done gone happened and their isn't a thing that will change it?

I also find myself down this :smt014 outloud with the yang side.

:smt011  embarassing :smt011
Fyrbeast

parallelmessages

Post by parallelmessages » Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:13 pm

Well now, that explains everything!  I too am highly emotional, suffer from anxiety and depression.  Until recently I have been able to hide these things inside and nobody seemed to notice...then a few months ago, bang.  It all came crashing down for me.  But with the help of a great husband, wonderful friends and family I am working through all the crap.
But I agree with others on this posting.  Cancerians are caring, nurturing and loving individuals. We all just need people in our lives who support us without judgement.

sweetbelle

Post by sweetbelle » Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:28 pm

I find that although some of the past posts hold true for me, mainly I a giant ball fo energy that wants to tackle everything.
I work in Mental Health and yes there are some days when I have called in sick to take care of my own mental health. I find that the more psotive things I surround myself with the less likely I am to retreat to my Cancer Shell!! When things are rough though sometimes I stay at home with the covers over my head and my phone turned off.
I  do alot of self care exercises though and this is key to warding off depression and anxiety.
Although when I went through my divorce I was a perpetual emotion.!!

Reesa

Post by Reesa » Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:20 pm

Yes, Cancerians are more prone to emotional distress because of our innate qualities, but I don't feel that we are more likely to have mental breakdowns.  I have yet to find a concrete, long term study done on this... one that follows a large group of "regular" (if there is such a thing) people and tracks how many of them suffer from what mental/emotional ailments and charts their astrological signs.  I'd not put all of my trust into personal surveys that consist of data like "several people I know are Cancers and have mental/emotional problems."  ;)  There is much more to be said, I feel, for one's genetic make up.

Ruthann

Post by Ruthann » Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:36 am

I'm 51 years old and a cancer.  So is my older brother.  Considering what my life has been like, I don't think cancers are any more depression ridden and prone to mental breakdowns than any other sign.  I was married to a gemini for 16 years and want to talk about the range of emotion and depression!  I think I agree that it's more a person's emotional make up and geneology than his/her sign.

vdavid

Post by vdavid » Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:59 am

Depression is one of those disorders which most people face in there life as some stage for one reason or the other. If it's children the pressure of studies gets over their head and if it's adults the pressure of work attracts depression. Xanax is one of those medicines which help in relieving anxiety and depression, but this medicine should only be used for small duration as this is habit forming drug and sometimes the withdrawal symptoms can be more depressing. The withdrawal from this medicine is a slow and gradual process rather than abrupt. Xanax works by slowing down the nervous system and hence relieves anxiety. http://www.xanax-effects.com

Serenity09

Post by Serenity09 » Mon May 11, 2009 7:11 pm

Im a cancerian and i suffer bouts of depression!!

astrologer50

Re: Cancerians are prone to depression and other mental breakdowns!

Post by astrologer50 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:17 pm

valchenolf wrote:It's a well known fact that cancerians are highly emotional strung. They are too in touch with their feelings that they often end up having mental health breakdowns with depression, mania, scizophrenia, bi-polar and anxiety / panic attacks.
Would you care to 'cite your source' for this sweeping statement? a book or website link please. Cancerians are no more likely to be prone to depression than any other sign.

You need to assess a persona 6th house of health, any planets placed their, their aspects made to other planets within the natal chart. The Ascendant sign any planets in 1st house and thier aspects to.

Basic astrology
Now basically your sun sign is your 'core beliefs, values, ego' and Asc is your physical body, mode of expression and mask and persona that we all wear and hide behind, but definitely not what's going on underneath. What's going on underneath is your Sun sign. Moon sign, house placements and aspects describe your emotional and intuitive responses, also describes your view of your mother, as saturn describes your father by sign and house position.

So, think of a glass milk bottle the bottle is your Asc and your sun the milk, but the milk still has to 'come out' through the glass neck of the milk bottle....

Now aspects within a natal chart represent 'facets' of our personality, because we are all multifaceted beings. What these do is 'break down and compartmentalise' these facets into smaller bite size chunks. This does take quite a lot of self analysis and objectivity to 'see yourself' and why you do certain things and behave in certain ways. Actually it can be quite good therapy...

Remember back to your school days an opposition is 180', square 90', trine 120', and sextile 60' Now challenged aspects are conj (depending on the planets, cos some like each other and some really don't) squares and oppositions. Easy aspects are conj (if the planets get along) eg: Jupiter conj Moon, sextile and trine. Quincunx is inbetween (depending on the planets) causes health strains and unresolved or hard to balance planets/energies.

Return to “Cancer - June 21 - July 20”