Gem's Tarot Classes ___________________________ GEM'S TAROT CLASSES begin here_______________

This is a forum just for our teachers to post their learning material in Tarot. Any post from students will be moved.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

Gem

Gem's Tarot Classes ___________________________ GEM'S TAROT CLASSES begin here_______________

Post by Gem » Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:54 pm

Hi.

Welcome to Gem's Tarot Classes.

This is the beginning of our Tarot Journey together.

Most people look at their tarot cards with awe and reverence. They are magical and mystical and very, very special. Some keep them in a velvet bag or wrapped in a silk cloth, others have wooden boxes or a separate place for them. Some just keep them safe and sound in the box they came in :)

All these ways, and more, are right. You may find that you change and want to keep your cards differently, perhaps with a clear quartz crystal to enhance knowledge and psychic powers, perhaps keep them high on a shelf to induce spiritual connections or perhaps bathed in sunlight to make them glow with energy.

Be happy and settled in what you do.

When I first get a new deck, and funnily enough I have a new deck today! Whooopeee! and also before I start to work with any deck,  I say hello to my cards, :smt006   I wake them up and say hello,:)

I tap them three times and then blow on them gently sending my energy into them. This also gently makes any old, stagnant or negative energies  leave. Then I touch each one, this makes sure they flow freely and aren't stuck to the one underneath, which can happen with new cards lol.  At the same time I look at each card just for a few seconds to see what is there, and start the tuning in process.

Then I shuffle and play for a while before turning to the book or leaflet.

I like to read the leaflet or book quickly to see the angle of the designer, to get the idea and feelings and story behind the decks intentions. Many have stories relating to their invention and many have unique ways and meanings.  Then I turn to myself and what the cards mean to me.

This can be done with any pack, the Rider Waite or another. The Rider Waite, has a distinct formula and set of meanings which is another reason its one of the best to learn from.

Decks are divided in to 22 Major Arcana and 56 Minor Arcana, of which there are 4 suits, each made up of 14 cards including 4 Court Cards (King, Queen, Knight, Page) and 10 Pips (number cards Ace to ten)

Arcana is taken to mean 'secret' so we have major secrets and minor secrets, which also gives a clue to the emphasis placed on those cards.

Then I start with separating out the Major Arcana Cards and start learning and working with them :)

Sooo... now we have our cards, fully ready for use. What should we do?

Sometimes it helps to have a notebook and pen and make notes, or to post here what you feel and find.

Place the Major Arcana back in order starting with card 0 The Fool. This also helps to familiarise yourself with the deck.

Start with 0 The Fool, beginning of the tarot journey and look at it and see what it makes you feel, Choose a couple of words that fit the picture.

When you are happy move to the next card, This should be quick and fun, not boring or a chore, Don't spend long on each. Move on until you have done all 22 cards.

Lets see what you all get? Please post your answers on the following page linked here http://mysticboard.org/vi ... 6518#76518
Last edited by Gem on Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gem

Post by Gem » Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:11 pm

Beginning

Return to “Tarot Lessons And Tutorials”