Gem's Tarot Class

This is a forum just for our teachers to post their learning material in Tarot. Any post from students will be moved.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

Gem

Gem's Tarot Class

Post by Gem » Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:28 pm

The Minor Arcana

The next part of our course together will cover the Minor Arcana, the minor secrets, the minor or lesser cards. But that’s unfair? They aren’t minor in any way shape or form but perhaps they do have a ‘lesser’ impact on any reading?

After the wonderful start that we have had with the Mystic Board Learn Tarot Class of 2007, I have completely rewritten the rest of the course. A new slant, a different angle and I hope that it will interest experienced and beginner readers alike.

Many people believe that the beginnings of tarot evolved from the Ancient Egyptians and their 22 rules. Many Egyptian decks today still only have 22 cards in them. I have given hundreds of successful readings from just the major 22 alone, so why add the 56 minor arcana?

First let us look at the make-up of these cards:-

Four Suits

Pentacles (Coins)
West
Diamonds
Money
Body
Earth

Cups (Chalice/Goblets)
North
Hearts
Love
Soul
Water
(Female)

Wands (Batons)
East
Clubs
Work
Willpower
Fire
(Male)

Swords
South
Spades
Stress/Strife
Mind
Air

Each suit is made up of 14 cards

Ace, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, The Pips or pip cards

Then the Court Cards

Page – Child – Innocence – Son

Knight – Teen – Fun – Daughter

Queen – Female – Serenity – Mother

King – Male – energy – Father

I think that the best way to learn the cards is to work with them and examine them side by side so we will start by taking a close look at the Aces……..

Pull out the four Aces from your deck and lay them side by side.....

then lets pop over here to the Homework forum http://mysticboard.org/vi ... hp?t=26218 and study them together :)

***This part of the course will start with the Aces, then the twos, threes, fours, fives, sixes, sevens, eights, nines and tens, then onto the Court cards.....

Gem

Post by Gem » Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:07 pm

Minor Arcana

Return to “Tarot Lessons And Tutorials”