Gem's Tarot Classes - Sign Up & Learn

This is main Learn Tarot Forum. General tarot lesson questions and answer can be addressed here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

Gem

Re: Too Late?

Post by Gem » Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:20 am

Mystical Princess wrote:Hello everyone! Is it too late to join the class?

MP
Hi, Welcome to Mystic Board

You are welcome to join in, everything you need is there :) Which deck do you plan on using? Tell us a bit about yourself :)

Mystical Princess

Post by Mystical Princess » Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:20 pm

Great! I'm happy to be here. :)  My husband chose and bought my deck for me as a Mother's Day gift. I have the Tarot of the Witches deck. I thought I saw somewhere on here that that's a pretty good deck, so I told him he chose well. :)

My name is Kelli and I'm married and I have 2 kids, a son and a daughter. I'm a leo which makes me somewhat of a pain, but I'm lovable. :)

I'm sort of on a journey to find out why things have happened in the past and what I'm supposed to do with that information. I guess to be honest, alot of what I'll call creepy for now, that has happened has really put me on edge and so the path is laid before me and I feel as though it needs to be explored to find out if I'm nuts or if there is some significance to it all and what I'm supposed to do with it or what I am to contribute to my own little world or the world outside. Its time for me to dive into me, and to be truthful, I'm a bit uneasy about it based on things that have happened. I need a spiritual guide to help me discover what I am and to not be afraid of it.

I'm hoping to learn and grow. :)

-MP

Gem

Post by Gem » Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:21 pm

Welcome again Kelli. :)

Is that The Tarot of the Witches by Fergus Hall? If it is, that was one of my first decks too! You will have a lot of fun with it. The Major Arcana are very easy to learn and understand, the minor arcana ... well they will be slightly more difficult, but we can work on those later :)

Everyone here is very friendly, so feel free to ask your questions and lets see if we can share our enthusiasm and knowledge :)

Mystical Princess

Post by Mystical Princess » Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:09 pm

Gem - Thank you for the warm welcome and yes, its the Fergus Hall deck! :)  How much fun is this going to be ;)

I have finished the first lesson and posted it. I'm going to try to catch up quickly if I can.

-MP

lizarred

Post by lizarred » Sun Jul 22, 2007 12:07 am

I would like to join but i dont have a tarot deck is it still ok?

Gem

Post by Gem » Sun Jul 22, 2007 12:26 pm

Hi Liza, you can download the Mystic Board Learn Tarot software and use that :) Its the Rider Waite deck,

http://mysticboard.org/mb ... -software/

Victoria26

Post by Victoria26 » Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:25 pm

Hello. I'm New to this site and looking forward to to the tarot class, ive been interested in tarot since I was young so this is going to be a great experience. Victoria  :smt005

Gem

Post by Gem » Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:05 pm

Welcome Victoria, hope you enjoy the course :)

purplewiccakitty

Post by purplewiccakitty » Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:39 pm

May I please join?

Gem

Post by Gem » Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:31 pm

Hi You are welcome :) Have fun

purplewiccakitty

Post by purplewiccakitty » Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:00 pm

thank you (:

arwen starfire

Post by arwen starfire » Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:24 pm

:smt006 Hello, I'm new to this site, and to tarot as well.  I have numerous books on tarot, but I would love to learn from somebody who has been doing tarot for a while.  May I please join??  --Melissa

Gem

Post by Gem » Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:31 pm

Hi Melissa and welcome :)

infinitii525

Post by infinitii525 » Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:13 pm

Hello Gem

Thank you for your time in advance. I am intrested in learning tarot. I have a mini set from a book store not sure as to type. I plan to get either a goddess deck or the rider waite deck. I also have downloaded the program already. I am a newbie so I know almost nothing.

Gem

Post by Gem » Sat Jul 28, 2007 3:19 pm

infinitii525 wrote:Hello Gem

Thank you for your time in advance. I am intrested in learning tarot. I have a mini set from a book store not sure as to type. I plan to get either a goddess deck or the rider waite deck. I also have downloaded the program already. I am a newbie so I know almost nothing.
Hi Infinitii,

Welcome to Mystic Board.

For learning I think its very hard to beat a set based on the Rider Waite Deck, Each card has a picture on and an easy to understand meaning, and once you have mastered the Waite deck you can easily move onto another.

You could look at the Radiant Waite or Universal Waite or the original.  Arthur Waite is the designer, and Radiant or Universal or Rider the publisher.

Return to “Learn Tarot”