Experienced Something Weird While Doing a Reading

This is main Learn Tarot Forum. General tarot lesson questions and answer can be addressed here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

Avion1929

Experienced Something Weird While Doing a Reading

Post by Avion1929 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:06 am

To be honest, I don't know what drew me to Tarot. It's weird...I bought my desk online and when it arrived I would just shuffle the desk and then set it down; I never did any readings. I had the desk set aside somewhere for nearly 3-4 years before I picked it up again and decided to do readings with a friend.

I don't know what is right or wrong if there is a way to do it by the books, but I felt that just picking up my deck and shuffling as my friend asked a question was right to me.

For some reason, my readings only seem to be on point whenever I'm already feeling tired. Tonight I got the opportunity to test it when I picked up my deck on a whim and started shuffling.

Long story short, I was shuffling my deck and a sudden dizziness overcame me and as soon as it happened it was over with. It freaked me out and I waved it off, blaming feeling sleepy and fought it to do a reading.

This happened several times, all with different people as I was shuffling and my readings were so spot on I was starting to feel a little apprehensive (I don't know what word to use, it was freaking me out with how accurate the readings were.). With each reading, I was feeling more and more exhausted and drained. On my last reading I had gotten a headache starting to form and decided to call it a night.

On one side I'm very happy that my readings were accurate and spot on despite me being new to this, since it was really important for the people I did readings on.

On the other side while I didn't feel worried about anything wrong happening, I'm just...not used to this happening and it really scared me. Is this a reason for me to stop tarot altogether or take a break from it? I don't know how else to really explain it but it really scared me and I'm sure someone here would be able to explain to me what happened...

Thank you for reading and I hope someone can help share some information to me about this

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:44 pm

Your 'rational-worldly-logical' mental apparatus is fighting for its so far held supremacy in your life. These are similar to "growing pains" in a youth as it grows. It is experienced by
many divinators etc.

Why not pose your question sincerely and seriously and see what your tarot 'deck' tells you! Do it just as if you are doing a reading for someone else.
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Talia

Post by Talia » Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:44 pm

You need to prepare to do a reading. You should not just do it on a whim or you will experience all these things they are from being ungrounded. What is your deck? Is it a real tarot deck?

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:23 pm

Talia wrote:You need to prepare to do a reading. You should not just do it on a whim or you will experience all these things they are from being ungrounded. What is your deck? Is it a real tarot deck?
Truly the rational (logical) mind fighting the rest of the iceberg (submerged mind) can often lead to haemorrhage of energy (felt as weakness, dizziness etc, just as after a real haemorrhage). Grounding (ritualistic or meditative/spiritual etc) can lull the rational mind and let the divinatory mental faculties get on with their business. The outcome is that a reading elevates the energy levels of the divinator as well as the nativity/client. Even when the reading is not about something pleasant (loss, disease, separation, failure, etc) or the outcome less than positive.

Over a period of time (sometimes years) one figures out the best middle path in which the heart and mind remains open without the brain falling out of the opening! (too graphic? My apologies!)
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Avion1929

Post by Avion1929 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:37 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:
Talia wrote:You need to prepare to do a reading. You should not just do it on a whim or you will experience all these things they are from being ungrounded. What is your deck? Is it a real tarot deck?
Truly the rational (logical) mind fighting the rest of the iceberg (submerged mind) can often lead to haemorrhage of energy (felt as weakness, dizziness etc, just as after a real haemorrhage). Grounding (ritualistic or meditative/spiritual etc) can lull the rational mind and let the divinatory mental faculties get on with their business. The outcome is that a reading elevates the energy levels of the divinator as well as the nativity/client. Even when the reading is not about something pleasant (loss, disease, separation, failure, etc) or the outcome less than positive.

Over a period of time (sometimes years) one figures out the best middle path in which the heart and mind remains open without the brain falling out of the opening! (too graphic? My apologies!)
I use The Enchanted Tarot deck. I didn't know there was such thing as a real/not real tarot deck?

It sounds like there is a lot more prep I'm needing if I'm going to be more serious about doing readings then; I hadn't known any of this.  :smt012

Talia

Post by Talia » Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:57 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:

So elequent, so elegant. Magically put!

Talia

Post by Talia » Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:59 pm

Avion1929 wrote: It sounds like there is a lot more prep I'm needing if I'm going to be more serious about doing readings then; I hadn't known any of this.  :smt012
Yes, prep will help you give the best readings. Many people get confused and think that all decks are tarot when they are not. You have picked a hard deck to learn. But there is a lot of help here :)
What made you choose this deck?

Avion1929

Post by Avion1929 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:00 pm

Talia wrote:
Avion1929 wrote: It sounds like there is a lot more prep I'm needing if I'm going to be more serious about doing readings then; I hadn't known any of this.  :smt012
Yes, prep will help you give the best readings. Many people get confused and think that all decks are tarot when they are not. You have picked a hard deck to learn. But there is a lot of help here :)
What made you choose this deck?
Well out of all the other decks I had seen, this one had art on it that I had really liked. It was quite colorful compared to the others and reminded me of Alice in Wonderland, which is my favorite story. I hadn't realized there were hard or easy decks to learn either...thank goodness I came here I'd be so lost otherwise  :smt003

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:59 am

If you are not totally attached to your deck, get the Rider Waite deck which is the best one for beginners. Moreover, all other decks are based on the Rider Waite symbolism and to a certain degree  - imagery.

All the best.

Return to “Learn Tarot”