Gem's Tarot Classes - Sign Up & Learn

This is main Learn Tarot Forum. General tarot lesson questions and answer can be addressed here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

Lady Solstice

Post by Lady Solstice » Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:40 am

hi, I was reading cards just for friends and learning about them a while ago but stopped for a few years so now i am a bit rusty to stay the least.  I have been looking for something like this for some time, and look foreward to working my way thru the courses and reading up so that my knowledge and understanding can grow!

its great to have people to share  and learn with .. finally!

I use the Waite deck but have some others too that i like ..

Karenn

Post by Karenn » Thu May 07, 2009 9:28 pm

Hi

My name is Karen and I want to learn Tarot becuas ei have had 2 sets of cards for a long time but never used them seriously.

The first set is the Witches Tarot. this was a set I bought myself years ago and I have a special wooden box I keep them in. However the minor arcana cards are very basic so I think this is a difficult set to learn with.

My second set was bought for me by my brother. I have had the Arthurian Tarot (aka The Merlin Tarot) for more than 11 years but never really used them. Instead of being in a special box they are in the carry case in which they came (which also includes a book). However the minor arcan are more expressive so I may start using these to learn from.

I know a little about Astrology and I am also interested in Numerology (would this relate to the cards?).

K

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Sat May 09, 2009 7:09 pm

Hello Karenn

Am afraid the lessons as such are not active and you are more than welcome to start from beginning as stated in the next postings and start reading other peoples' comments and interpreations of the Rider Waite deck.
I am afraid the course is based on the Rider Waite deck. You are more than welcome to enter into the course with your deck and give us a description as to how the graphics are depicted on your preferred set of cards.

All the best to you.

Cedars

spiralingpantherrose

I would like to join

Post by spiralingpantherrose » Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:37 am

Greetings Gem,
  How are you today?  I would like to join and learn the Tarot (you will need a lot of patience dealing with me :)).  If you could let me know when I can start that would be great.  I hope you are having a great day and look forward to hearing from you soon.
Blessed Ble
Spiraling Panther Rose

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:11 am

Hello Spiralingpantherhorrose

Gem is no longer with Mystic Board, however, you are welcome to enrol yuorself to the course and make your own comments and inputs as you go along.
If you are totally and completely new to the tarot, find the link that starts with the Fool (depends which deck you are using) and take it from there. There is plenty of material on the boards; opinions and inputs from others. However, please note that you will not get a response from Gem as the tutor.
This is like an on-line home study and feel free to air your comments.
However, if you are familiar with tarot and would like to delve a bit deeper, also visit the Rider Waite Tarot section where each card is explored and commented upon.

Best of luck to you.

p.s. the course is mainly based on the Rider Waite deck. Which deck do you use?

spiralingpantherrose

Post by spiralingpantherrose » Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:27 pm

Greetings Ceddars,
  How are you today?  Thank you for the update on this.  I guess I should have read the last page of the thread instead of the first and getting all excited and just sending a response.  My patience isn't very high if you can't tell.  lol  But anyhow again thank you for the update I will be looking into that for sure.  The deck I use is the RW Deck.  So I'm pretty much set and ready to go.  Again thank you and I hope you are having a great day.
Blessed Ble
Spiraling Panther Rose

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:41 pm

Good day here; hot and sunny and enjoying Wimbledon too.

Dont kill your enthusiasm and I hope you enjoy the lessons.

There are some knowledgeable people in these forums and we will all be happy to help you in your learning journey.

pogoplayer

Hi, Gem

Post by pogoplayer » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:44 pm

I'm signing up for your classes.  I've already done 2 or 3 of the reading assignments and hope to hear from you soon on how I did.  Thanks.

suzisco

Post by suzisco » Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:12 am

Unfortunately Gem doesn't participate in this forum now.  I am happy to help and look forwards to hearing your thougts as you progress through the course.

Suzi
Enjoy when you can and endure when you must.
Everydays Predictions - Symbols - Picture Reading - Spirituality    Please support Mystic Board Donate Here

magaly101

hi

Post by magaly101 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:53 pm

im interested in learning about tarot and share ideas and meanings

Eskhe

Post by Eskhe » Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:32 pm

Hi Gem,

Guide me where to start? I am intrested to learn Tarot reading.
Please let me know, basic document I have to refer for this.

I would like sign-up & learn. Please advice.

Thanks,
Eskhe

Eskhe

Post by Eskhe » Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:01 pm

Where to register for the class?
Thanks,
Eske

sweetsunray

Post by sweetsunray » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:39 pm

The teacher Gem is apparently not part of the board anymore. But there is lots of material here from former students to get you started with your home study :)
Life is like a rose. The most beautiful ones have large thorns. You only need the courage to grab for them.

violetskies

Post by violetskies » Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:47 am

Hello!  I understand that Gem is n longer actively teaching this course, but I was thrilled to see all the lessons available online!  I have dabbled in learning the tarot but haven't really ever had such a nice compilation of info in one place!  I'm excited to delve back into it!

suzisco

Post by suzisco » Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:20 am

I am here to help if you get stuck or need clarification

Suzi
Enjoy when you can and endure when you must.
Everydays Predictions - Symbols - Picture Reading - Spirituality    Please support Mystic Board Donate Here

Return to “Learn Tarot”