Gem's Tarot Classes - FEEDBACK - The Beginning - Part One

This is main Learn Tarot Forum. General tarot lesson questions and answer can be addressed here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

Gem

Gem's Tarot Classes - FEEDBACK - The Beginning - Part One

Post by Gem » Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:56 pm

Post all your answers, feedback and any questions here for Part One The Beginning :)

The original question is under Tarot Lessons and Tutorials and here is the link  http://mysticboard.org/vi ... hp?t=24380

Just wanted to add... I expect there to be many different answers, its what the card makes YOU think that is wanted here, no wrong answers either. We have all taken different routes to get here and our experiences will have a bearing on what we see in each card... so be brave and look and then jot down a few things.....  

You might want to do a few cards at a time which is fine or the whole 22 in one go... up to you :)
Last edited by Gem on Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:09 pm, edited 5 times in total.

starryskies

Post by starryskies » Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:27 pm

0 - the fool - freedom, exploration, childlike liberty
1 - magician - knowledge, wisdom, leadership, things coming right in the end
2 - high priestess - secrets, psychic insight, acceptance of other realms
3 - empress - motherhood, fertility, girlishness
4 - emperor - nice man, father figure, settled man
5 - hierophant - religious man, blessing or marriage, serious service like funeral or blessing
6 - lovers - true love, new love, 2 people adoring each other, innocent love
7 - chariot - travel, new car, moving quickly from place to place
8 - strength - inner strength to get boyond tough times, physical strength, vet, animal lover
9 - hermit - being alone, loneliness, needing to be alone to think and ponder and make decisions
10 - wheel of fortune - luck, financial gain, risking everything on a yes or no
11 - justice - all that is just coming through in the end, law, legal matters, getting what you deserve
12 - hanged man - turning yourself inside else for someone, sacrifice
13 - death - the end of something, starting afresh, learning from the past then leaving it where it is
14 - temperance - balance, accepting things calmly
15 - devil - temptation, jealousy, anger, rage
16 - tower - everything going haywire, fires in buildings, throwing yourself to the mercy of something
17 - star - being respected, being successful, being liked, material or spiritual gains, joy
18 - moon - dreams, night, sleeping, psychic messages
19 - sun - happiness, children, gardens, nice home life
20 - judgement - coming before someone for an opinion, being judged literally, a realization dawning
21 - world - travel, realising the world is big and wanting to see it, expansion of business

chrisdee

Post by chrisdee » Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:01 am

0 - The fool-Looking through a child's eyes at new ventures/beginnings doing so uninhibited
1 - magician- lots of ideas /seeking knowledge
2 - high priestess -secrets/looking for higher guidance
3 - empress-A motherly figure/birth of a child/birth of new projects
4 - emperor-A father figure/ think carefully before making decisions/use some compassion in your decision
5 - hierophant-wanting to do something wrong/going of the rails/ the card asks you to look at the consequences of your actions
6 - lovers-a choice has to be made /can mean lovers
7 - chariot-take control of your emotions/you can care from a distance let go/may mean travel
8 - strength-you have the strength to over come problems/getting over illness  
9 - hermit-turning to somebody who knows for guidance/you have started something which must grow before result are seen/watch and Waite
10 - wheel of fortune-things are always changing/if your on top expect a loss/ but if you have hit bottom things will get better
11 - justice-you will get what you deserve/a balance must be found  
12 - hanged man-things are at a stand still/you are content not to change things or just afraid to do so /when things start to move they will move quickly / keep control  
13 - death-letting go of something /new opertunits will come  
14 - temperance-your in control/set your sights higher/you don't do your self justice  
15 - devil-you feel trapped but your not you can get out/your been manipulated by someone for there pleasure/or you in a jealous relationship/situation
16 - tower-things are unstable home/business with out your intervention this will result in failure
17 - star-hope/insight into a situation/guidance from above/wishes realised  
18 - moon-a fight with your conscious, unconscious mind /knowing but not wanting to believe/depression/day dreaming  
19 - sun-every thing good family/health/business
20 - judgement-reaching out for answers when you already know/coming out of the dark and into the light triumph can be yours
21 - world-completion of something/wiser from experience
Blank card/not really blank because its a advertisement card that has same back as all other cards/this i interpret as something yet to be revealed that must unfold with out intervention

Gem

Post by Gem » Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:00 pm

Before I make any comments or suggest any other meanings and ideas, I will wait for a few more to post some pieces,   Starry were those your feelings from the Rider Waite Deck?  Chris was yours from the Celestial Tarot?

There are some pictures here of the Rider Waite deck and it may be interesting to look at these and use those as a starting point too. http://mysticboard.org/vi ... hp?t=24410

starryskies

Post by starryskies » Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:01 pm

Gem wrote: Starry were those your feelings from the Rider Waite Deck?  Chris was yours from the Celestial Tarot?
Yes that is right.

Gem

Post by Gem » Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:11 pm

Oooh lovely new avatar too :) Very pretty, such a lovely feeling.

chrisdee

Post by chrisdee » Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:24 pm

Yes i used the Celestial Tarot, would you prefer i used the  Rider Waite to learn on

Gem

Post by Gem » Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:34 pm

I think the main thing is for you to be comfortable, when we do some single card discussions it might get confusing if you are looking at a different picture to the rest of us, but the free learn tarot sotware is based on the Rider Waite  pictures, and I will endeavour to post a pic when needed too, lets see how we go? I would hate to dictate which deck and would much rather people use the one they are happy with :)

George

Re: Tarot Classes 2007 - The Beginning - Part One

Post by George » Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:33 pm

Gem wrote:Thanks to Starry for pointing out I hadn't made a thread for the answers oops <gg>

Post all your answers, feedback and any questions here for Part One The Beginning :)

The original question is under Tarot Lessons and Tutorials and here is the link  http://mysticboard.org/vi ... hp?t=24380

Just wanted to add... I expect there to be many different answers, its what the card makes YOU think that is wanted here, no wrong answers either. We have all taken different routes to get here and our experiences will have a bearing on what we see in each card... so be brave and look and then jot down a few things.....  

You might want to do a few cards at a time which is fine or the whole 22 in one go... up to you :)

The Fool
Carefree, foot loose and fancy free

The Magician
mysterious magical

The high Preiestess
religion

The Embress
hempodiate, mother nature

The Emperor
Autorithy, stern

The Hierophant
the pope. the keys. do as i say.

The lovers
love, sex, fire

The chariot
car

STrength
mother nature, controling anger

The Hermit
led zappelin &nbsp;:smt002 &nbsp;alone

Wheel of fortune
good luck

Justice
justice doesn't exist

The Hangman
spiritual creature, carefree

Death
saddness, chaos

Temperance
pure innocents, water

The Devil
dark evil

The Tower
destruction, death.

The Star
The new morning, water, wet.

The Moon
the wild coyette, indians

The Sun
A new day

Judgement
the resurecction of the just

The World
"All my life is a circle" The big picture.
Common sense dictates there is no such thing as common sense.

Gem

Post by Gem » Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:57 pm

Love this one George :)
The Hermit
led zappelin &nbsp; &nbsp;alone
So far well done everyone :) &nbsp; Some lovely answers

suzisco

Post by suzisco » Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:59 pm

0 - the fool - New ventures, light heartedness, folly
1 - magician - arcane knowledge, duplicity, sleight of hand
2 - high priestess - secret knowledge
3 - empress - fertile, pregancy
4 - emperor - father, just righteous man
5 - hierophant - values, judgement, can be too literal and strict
6 - lovers - new ventures, new love
7 - chariot - travel
8 - strength - just as it is, strength in relation to other cards
9 - hermit - the desire to be alone, learned, inability to comunicate with others
10 - wheel of fortune - luck, karma, you get what you put into the situation
11 - justice - you get what you think you deserve
12 - hanged man - decisions based on emotional influences
13 - death - a new start, the end of a situation,
14 - temperance - balance, moderation
15 - devil - rage, anger, jealous
16 - tower - bad card, your world raised to the ground by carelessness in yourself or by others
17 - star - joy, hapiness, respect, love
18 - moon - unhappiness, loneliness, sadness
19 - sun - children, hapiness
20 - judgement - realisation that you knoew something all along, the sanctions of others
21 - world - travel, other worldliness, the bringing of yourself out of your small immediate world and realising their is so much more.

ellis

Sorry been away from home but keen to join in

Post by ellis » Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:15 pm

0 &nbsp;- The fool - A new start, instinct, new path, niaivity, confusion, take care
1 &nbsp;- magiciane - new skills,, developed skills, magic touch, midas touch, self control, manipulation
2 &nbsp;- high priestess &nbsp;- sinister, secrets and lies, unknown truth, unknown things, hidden things, hidden truths, intuition
3 &nbsp;- empress - birth, feminine features, womens troubles, confusion, new projects, new ideas, nurturing, nature
4 &nbsp;- emperor - buildings, builders, structure, form, stand on own two feet, brave, corageous, focused direction
5 &nbsp;- hierophant - trustworthy listener, teacher, priest, good advice
6 &nbsp;- lovers - painful decisions, love triangle, heart wrenching decision, love affair, illicit meetings
7 &nbsp;- chariot - control, direction, strength, torn apart, speed
8 &nbsp;- strength - control through kindness, inner strength, strength of spirit, determination, focussed direction
9 &nbsp;- hermit - guiding light, loneliness, solitude, wise man, advice
10 - wheel of fortune - good fortune, ever turning, what goes around comes around, end of run of bad luck
11 - justice - Police, lawyers, contracts, paperwork, anything to do with law and order
12 - hanged man - stagnation, inaction, waiting for something, analysis
13 - death - new beginnings, transformation, sudden and abrupt endings, death itself
14 - temperance - meeting of opposites, blending of minds, mixture of ideas, mixed feelings, mixed characters
15 - devil - control, addiction, obsession, vices, domination, manipulation
16 - tower - collpase, bad secrets revealed, failure, new foundations
17 - star - hope, faith, hapiness, trust in the grand scheme of things
18 - moon - intuition, bad dreams, restless sleep, precognition, spiritual encounter, chasing shadows
19 - sun - Warm, bright, full of life, energy, excitement, fun
20 - judgement - Karma, reap what you sow, things going in your favour
21 - world - Ultimate completion, end of a project, succesful conclusion
22 - Blank card - The answer needs to be hidden from you at the moment, no plans are made, dont know what you want, dont know who you want, leave the past behind
I believe that one can have a personal, spiritual relationship with God without practicing religion

Gem

Post by Gem » Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:26 pm

Thanks Suzi

Thanks Ellis, which deck are you using? You seem to have 23 Majors? The card 22 blank?

This exercise is the start of our work on the Major Arcana, in the Homework section we will go through each card in a bit more detail :)

http://mysticboard.org/vi ... hp?t=24461

ellis

Which Decks

Post by ellis » Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:50 pm

I use the Gilded Tarot with the usual 22 Majors and The Quest Tarot with 22 + Blank card. Recent discussions turned up the blank card issue so I just dropped it in as an addition.
I believe that one can have a personal, spiritual relationship with God without practicing religion

Gem

Post by Gem » Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:13 pm

Thanks for that :) Nice to see you joining in, there's no rush, everyone learns at their own pace and I won't make you type out lines if you are behind &nbsp;:)

Return to “Learn Tarot”