Gem's Tarot Classes - FEEDBACK - The Beginning - Part One

This is main Learn Tarot Forum. General tarot lesson questions and answer can be addressed here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

Carla

Post by Carla » Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:08 am

The Fool - ignorance, short journey, friendship
The Magician - infinity, earth, heaven, joy
Tha High Priestess - sadness, fruitful, religion
The Empress - motherhood, love, growth
The Emperor - sternness, strength
The Hierophant - treasure, patience, desire
The Lovers - fruit, fire, sadness
The Chariot - choices, travel,home
Strength - spirit, friendship
The Hermit - time, lonely, God
Wheel of Fortune - chance, judgment, knowledge
Justice - good & evil, passion
The Hanged Man - calm, growth, want
Death - fear, courage, power    
Temperance - fairness,angel, happy
The Devil - darkness, escape, anger    
The Tower - destruction, death, depression
The Star - free-flowing, rebirth    
The Moon - watch your back, stormy  
The Sun - freedom, happiness  
Judgment - ages, indecision
The World - complete, full-circle

BLouise

Post by BLouise » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:21 pm

I am using the Glided Tarot so the imagery is a little bit different.  I just put down a few words for each card according to how they made me feel as if I were interpreting them for myself, if that makes any sense.

0. Fool – Possibilities, choices, mystery
1. Magician – He seems to be giving me all the tools I need to accomplish anything I desire.
2. High Priestess – Mystery, higher knowledge, untapped energy, unknown depth, unconscious
3. Empress – Femininity in all forms, influences over all aspects of life
4. Emperor – position, power, wealth
5. The Hierophant – Spiritual guidance, trusted advisor
6. Lovers – Passion, unity, valiant effort toward love
7. The Chariot – reconciliation of duality, focus and determination needed, but if I are successful I will be rewarded
8. Strength – Self control, taming the beast, honorable intentions
9. The Hermit – A journey through darkness on a narrow path to find truth
10. Wheel of Fortune – Spin the wheel and take a chance, you could win big and the risk appear to be minimal.
11. Justice – Long path to the lady of justice, unbiased, punishment and reward will be administered as deserved.
12. The Hanged Man – It looks to me as though if he stopped struggling he could easily free himself.  The more he struggles the more entangled he becomes.
13. Death – The end to this part of life, he is not here to harm, but the change is non-negotiable
14. Temperance – balance, patience, compromise
15. Devil – mystery, trials, warns against having less than honorable intentions in all aspects of life
16. The Tower – Uncontrollable, stripped of all beliefs, the entire tower isn't destroyed suggesting that I will be able to rebuild
17. The Start – Hope, higher knowledge, peace
18. The Moon – mystery, animal desire, unpredictability, illusion
19. The Sun – Things are as they should be, the planets are aligned so to speak, very auspicious time
20. Judgment – passing judgment, you reap what you sew
21. The World – after a long difficult journey you have achieved the knowledge and talent to dance the dance with competence and confidence
“And the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.” – T.S. Elliot

lizarred

The beginning - part one

Post by lizarred » Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:25 am

0 - the fool - naive, very easily persuaded
1 - magician - spells, supernatural
2 - high priestess - intelligent, seeker of truth
3 - empress - motherhood, loving, gentle, protector
4 - emperor - leader, fatherhood, unconcious world
5 - hierophant - Master, teacher, very wise
6 - lovers - unjudgmental love, passion, very caring
7 - chariot - journey, a path towards a goal
8 - strength - natural warrior, courage
9 - hermit - loneliness, solitude, meditation
10 - wheel of fortune - advancement, moving forward, constructing
11 - justice - good listener, unjudgemental to the obvious
12 - hanged man - Not very easy to let go, afraid
13 - death - end of a journey, gone from reality
14 - temperance - peaceful, patient
15 - devil - sneaky, envious
16 - tower - Moving, relocation, abrupt change
17 - star - space, wishes, dreams
18 - moon - nomad, light along the way
19 - sun - hope, faith, inspiration
20 - judgement - overwhelmed, worried, stressed, problems
21 - world - the unreal brought together with reality, possibilities

Heraclia

Part 1, the beginning

Post by Heraclia » Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:47 am

Before I'll aswer this homework, I must explain that I found a little difference between cards order, in your posts, in my deck,
and even I search in internet, and there's,too.
The Justice sometimes is in VIII, and sometimes in XI locations. As my deck has the justice in the 8th position, I use my own order,
because I'd like to be sure in my learning.

0 - THE FOOL - Looking forward, careless, making your own way, disorder, change
 I - THE MAGICIAN - Magic, Having the tools for evolution, knowledge, intelligence, young and friendly man
II - THE HIGH PRIESTESS - Secure, secrets, Intuition, Young woman, don't need study because she knows everything
III - THE EMPRESS - material world, intelligence, imagination, woman with power, motherhood
IV - THE EMPEROR - Will, powered man, husband, father figure
 V - THE HIGH PRIEST - Inspiration, knowledge, teaching, advising, revelation
VI - THE LOVERS - Love, choice, physical love, marriage and union, break, third person, new love
VII - THE CHARIOT - Movement, tryp, travel, energy to move, choice between two ways
VIII- JUSTICE - balance, fight won, karma, law, order, justice
IX - THE HERMIT - Loneliness, being alone, Revelation, ilumination, pass of time, meditation, prudence
 X - WHEEL OF FORTUNE - Firtune, evolution, slowness, destiny, movement, positive change, good luck
XI - STRENGTH - Spirit strength, will, self confidence and control, power of intelligence, fight and win
XII - THE HANGED MAN - Renunciation, No pleasure, sacrifice, wish to feel free
XIII, NONAME CARD, DEATH - Transformation, change the old things taking rid of them to new ones, death, illness, losts, cleaning, end of something
XIV - TEMPERANCE - measure, accepting things, calmly, harmony, moderation, to combine opposites, balance
XV - THE DEVIL - material strength, material triumph, confussion, energy, magnetism, slave, pasion, temptation, jealousy
XVI - THE TOWER - Interrumpted plan, fall, fires, destruction, end of something, illness, cut
XVII- THE STAR - harmony of the Universe, pleasure, beauty, happiness, hopes, sensibility, simple things, successful, joy
XVIII-THE MOON - Night, magnetism, mirage, intuition, dreams, premonitions
XIX - THE SUN - Lightness, brightness, irradiation, happiness, fertility, garden, children, triumph, protection
XX - THE JUDGEMENT - call, revelation, awakeness, judgement
XXI - THE WORLD - perfection, glory, fame, the great world, fame and luck, happy end, expansion

I found images of my deck making a search of "Tarot Marsella" in google, if you'd like to see the cards. And also I have in my computer this images, how can I paste them in a post in order you can see this images? I'll be very glad to show you them.

Best wishes to everybody,

Heraclia
Be happy, and know all the universe is doing whatever you need for growing as a good person.

lluvia

the begining

Post by lluvia » Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:06 am

rider tarot card.                                                                                                                                                                                                                  the fool-traveler,long journey,dilirium,carelessnes.
the magician-diplomacy,
thehigh priest-power desicion,secrets.
the empress initiative,grounded,
the empeor,protection,in power,
the hierophant,servitud known leader,
lovers-attraction relationship,
chariot-triumph,seeking,
strength- power ,energy.
hermittreason,lost,seeking.
wheel of fortune-prosperity ,luck.rightness,equity.
hangman-problems,trials,wisdom.
death-start of a journey,destruction,
temperance-disepline,accomodation.
the devil-problems,desavantageviolence.
the tower indeccion,distress,problems.
the star calm,abandoment,danger
.the sun-energy,judgement-deciccion, confuse.
world-long journey,success.

this frist part was nervous recking,but good.how do i keep practicing.i try to put it in a single file but didnt know how.thank you .lluvia

Gem

Post by Gem » Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:06 pm

Before I'll aswer this homework, I must explain that I found a little difference between cards order, in your posts, in my deck,
and even I search in internet, and there's,too.
The Justice sometimes is in VIII, and sometimes in XI locations. As my deck has the justice in the 8th position, I use my own order,
because I'd like to be sure in my learning.
This course is based around the Rider Waite deck by Arthur Waite which has Strength as 8 and Justice as 11. This is quite a modern deck by tarot standards, published in December 1909 lol! Your Tarot de Marsella or Tarot of Marseilles dates back to the 1600's and has the cards in opposite positions. It also does not have picture cards for the pips, or minor arcana which can make it a very difficult deck for beginners. In the Rider Waite deck the majors form a story , a joiurney from card O The Fool to card 21 the World and so the cards were adjusted to form the mind body and spirit sections.

Gem

Post by Gem » Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:07 pm

Lluvia, you have done really well :)  To make them into a long line press the 'return' or paragraph button which should be on the right hand side of your keyboard with an arrow pointing down then to the left, this shouls take you to the next line :)

lluvia

thank you

Post by lluvia » Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:36 pm

:smt003 thank you very much :smt006

Heraclia

Thaks Gem

Post by Heraclia » Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:39 am

I only say thank you Gem for your explanations, I think I'll buy a new Rider deck in a couple of weeks, I expect so.
Meanwhile I use my deck, and I'll do look for Rider images in internet, to download them to my computer.

I just making my study hard and concious, taking my time to look and think about the card images.

See you, and best wishes for everybody

Heraclia

Gem

Post by Gem » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:16 am

Heraclia, Mystic Board have our own tarot software that uses the Original Rider Waite deck :) Have a look and see what you think. All the lessons have images attached anyway so that in theory you do not need a deck . Search the Universal Waite and the Golden Waite and the Radiant waite decks too, see which one you like best :)

Heraclia

Post by Heraclia » Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:33 pm

OK, I know, and I've seen that; sorry if I was a little confused, because I think I read that we can use our own deck, even if it wasn't Rider.
Now I'm working, but when I'll come back home, I'll start the new learning lookin at the Rider images.
I've just downloaded them, and I'll make a printing to use this cards untill I can buy another.

Thanks twice,   :)

Best wishes

Heraclia
Be happy, and know all the universe is doing whatever you need for growing as a good person.

Heraclia

The Begining - Part 1

Post by Heraclia » Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:06 pm

Well, I have the images, and I'll start a new begining.
Theese are my impressions.

0.THE FOOL --The spirit, inocence, start and end, searching for knowledge. Happyness. Long travel. To risk and advance.
I.THE MAGICIAN --The will, intelligence, knowing the tools and how to use them.Young man.
II.THE HIGH PRIESTESS --The hidden wisdom, subconscious, secrets. Duality,contrasts positive-negative and its balance.
III.THE EMPRESS --The fruitful action, the mother earth. Young woman, powered woman. Mother in general, with her mother actions. Conception.
IV.THE EMPEROR --Leadership, authority and control. Powered man. Father figure. Father, boss, leader.
V.THE HIEROPHANT --Orthodoxy. Wise old man that advise and guide. Help from a man. The wisdom key.
VI.THE LOVERS --Union-association-separation. Love, harmony. Marriage. A moment to take important decisions. Doubts, confusion. Someone who interfere or help.
VII.THE CHARIOT --Success, triumph, victory. Short travel. Choice between two ways. Power over the conflicts and doubts. Movement, change of location. Decision.
VIII.STRENGTH --Spirit control. Will, action and personal power. Round control. Self control. Personal energy.
IX.THE HERMIT --The eternal guide. Loneliness, meditation, to search for. The way to wisdom. To learn looking our inside.
X.THE WHEEL OF FORTUNE --Destiny. Fortune, luck. Happy ending.
XI.JUSTICE --The balance. justice power. Law. karma. debts and pays.
XII.THE HANGED MAN --Sacrifice. resignation. Wish to be free but don't have the way. help needed. Passiveness.
XIII.THE DEATH --Change, transformation. To take rid of the old and unusefull things, and change to new ones. The begining of something.
XIV.TEMPERANCE --Adaptation. Calmness. Serenity. Stillness.
XV.THE DEVIL --Deceptive. Material world, power. Hindrance, chains. Sex. Self profit, benefit. Self-centred.
XVI.THE TOWER --The old things destruction. Fall. Lost. Confused. Fire.
XVII.THE STAR --Hope. Return to calm and brightness. Beauty, light, happiness and ilusion for life.
XVIII.THE MOON --Intuition. Mirage. Try to join far-off goals. Unreal.
XIX.THE SUN --Culmination. The big light. Happy ending. heat, happyness. Celebration. Childhood.
XX. THE JUDGEMENT --Re-birth. Reincarnation. Hope in a new life. To begin the begin. Reemerge.
XXI.THE WORLD --Achievement. Positive answer. Everything will be in favour. Everything's ok.

Thanks and best wishes,

Heraclia

George

Re: The Begining - Part 1

Post by George » Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:03 pm

Heraclia wrote:Well, I have the images, and I'll start a new begining.
Theese are my impressions.

0.THE FOOL --The spirit, inocence, start and end, searching for knowledge. Happyness. Long travel. To risk and advance.
I.THE MAGICIAN --The will, intelligence, knowing the tools and how to use them.Young man.
II.THE HIGH PRIESTESS --The hidden wisdom, subconscious, secrets. Duality,contrasts positive-negative and its balance.
III.THE EMPRESS --The fruitful action, the mother earth. Young woman, powered woman. Mother in general, with her mother actions. Conception.
IV.THE EMPEROR --Leadership, authority and control. Powered man. Father figure. Father, boss, leader.
V.THE HIEROPHANT --Orthodoxy. Wise old man that advise and guide. Help from a man. The wisdom key.
VI.THE LOVERS --Union-association-separation. Love, harmony. Marriage. A moment to take important decisions. Doubts, confusion. Someone who interfere or help.
VII.THE CHARIOT --Success, triumph, victory. Short travel. Choice between two ways. Power over the conflicts and doubts. Movement, change of location. Decision.
VIII.STRENGTH --Spirit control. Will, action and personal power. Round control. Self control. Personal energy.
IX.THE HERMIT --The eternal guide. Loneliness, meditation, to search for. The way to wisdom. To learn looking our inside.
X.THE WHEEL OF FORTUNE --Destiny. Fortune, luck. Happy ending.
XI.JUSTICE --The balance. justice power. Law. karma. debts and pays.
XII.THE HANGED MAN --Sacrifice. resignation. Wish to be free but don't have the way. help needed. Passiveness.
XIII.THE DEATH --Change, transformation. To take rid of the old and unusefull things, and change to new ones. The begining of something.
XIV.TEMPERANCE --Adaptation. Calmness. Serenity. Stillness.
XV.THE DEVIL --Deceptive. Material world, power. Hindrance, chains. Sex. Self profit, benefit. Self-centred.
XVI.THE TOWER --The old things destruction. Fall. Lost. Confused. Fire.
XVII.THE STAR --Hope. Return to calm and brightness. Beauty, light, happiness and ilusion for life.
XVIII.THE MOON --Intuition. Mirage. Try to join far-off goals. Unreal.
XIX.THE SUN --Culmination. The big light. Happy ending. heat, happyness. Celebration. Childhood.
XX. THE JUDGEMENT --Re-birth. Reincarnation. Hope in a new life. To begin the begin. Reemerge.
XXI.THE WORLD --Achievement. Positive answer. Everything will be in favour. Everything's ok.

Thanks and best wishes,

Heraclia
glad to see you find your way around Heraclia!  just got done reading you post and have to say good job.  
although i find it odd for the Fool the have a begining and end as you said "start and end"  its interesting is all.  (not that i'm saying it is wrong!  it is what you feel and not what i feel that counts) .   :smt002

makes me wander what would be the end whhen the fool shows up.
Common sense dictates there is no such thing as common sense.

Heraclia

Hi George

Post by Heraclia » Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:38 am

Yes, I'll try to explain it, but it's difficult to explain impressions and feelings.

First when I saw the card, The Fool, it looked like represents a real fool, walking risky, near the precipice; only with himself and his dog. But after, when I've seen more calmly my thoughts change to a travel that can end suddenly if we don't know how to overcome the risks. That's more or less the meaning of "start and end".

Best wishes,

Heraclia

arianna

Post by arianna » Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:28 pm

I'm using the New Palladini deck

The Fool  - New beginnings - journey
The Magician - Skills, confidence, learning
The high priestess - knowing, belief, secrets
The empress- Nurturing, abundance, caring
The emperor - Strength, wisdom
The hierophant - trust, faith, guidance
The lovers - sharing , compromise, love
The chariot - victory, confidence
Strength - self control, empowering