4 card spreads

This is main Learn Tarot Forum. General tarot lesson questions and answer can be addressed here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

candlelady

Post by candlelady » Tue May 15, 2007 9:18 pm

I have a  question  I have been doing 4 card spreads and so far all have been right on.
two of the readings had a strange collection of cards   one of them   4 wand cards showed up,( knight of wands, 6 of wands 3 of wands and the ace of wands),  and in the other  1 of each of the minor came up (cup, pentacale, wand, sword.)          what do these "multipuls" mean?
love  & candles
                          the candlelady

Gem

Post by Gem » Fri May 18, 2007 1:48 pm

Hi Candlelady,

Sorry I haven't replied to this sooner. It isn't a simple one liner reply. To be honest these aren't strange collections of cards but quite normal ones but they are impossible to give an intuitive meaning to without knowing far more detail, spreads, layout, deck used, question, significator and so on.

The spread of the minors through the layout do have a very strong bearing on the readings meaning. Which suit, what position and next to which cards etc all affect what they are saying. An even spread could mean that no one suit had the upper hand or it could mean that there was no direction,  having 4 wands show sould mean that the reading was about growth and wand type things, or it could mean that they needed to be emphasised more because of their dominance or lack of.

What is the 4 card spread you use ? and the deck? Then perhaps we can look deeper, We will be covering this all in our tarot course  shortly though, at the moment I have just finished posting the lessons for discussing the minors so you might like to join in?

candlelady

Post by candlelady » Sat May 19, 2007 12:47 am

thanks for the response  I wish I would have wrote them down  the next time I will
I use just a 4 card spread  shuffle and they  divide into 4 stacks  take the top card on each
just a basic readings but they have all turned out to be what they are asking about
I use the rider wait tarot
 I also have an egyptian tarot   not used very much
For now I just use the 4 card  spread  when I know the cards and feel for them better I will probly use the celtic cross.  I like that one and have used it a few times  
when I read for someone I don't want to know the question  I tell them from what I feel  not what I think they want to know.  It works for me  I am still quite new to all this but I need to know more
let me know about your group thanks
in love and light
love  & candles
                          the candlelady

candlelady

Post by candlelady » Sat May 19, 2007 3:24 am

I am having trouble finding the exact link and page for your lessons  please send me the direct link to you.
thanks
love  & candles
                          the candlelady

Gem

Post by Gem » Sat May 19, 2007 2:11 pm

Here you are http://mysticboard.org/vi ... hp?t=25681

You will find it much easier to use designated spread and positions for your cards, its like labelling a picture....

Imagine this is your picture..... :)     a smiley face, smiling why? because the sun is shining, they won the lottery, they are in love?

Now imagine the same smiley face :) with the title My family, or my driving test or The weekend, much easier to figure out why the smile?

Return to “Learn Tarot”