Hows everyone getting on?

This is main Learn Tarot Forum. General tarot lesson questions and answer can be addressed here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

Gem

Hows everyone getting on?

Post by Gem » Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:53 pm

Heyyyy!  How is everyone? :smt041

We are nearing the end of the posted classes and I was after an update from you all.

I can see that some of you are steadily moving through the posts and lessons and others seem to have fallen asleep and are dozing? Or perhaps lost interest? Many I know from experience, will be silent members that read and don't post, that's ok too, but it would be nice if you could let us know what you think too please :)

I hope that if any of you are having problems that you will let me know then hopefully we can sort things out. I do realise that it is getting more confusing to find the next lesson because of the way the forum works with new posts rising to the top and so throwing everything out of order. That is why we have our Way Maps which give links to all the lessons in order posted in the Learn Tarot Forums at the top http://mysticboard.org/vi ... 5a9ad880fe

We are always open to suggestions and comments, good or bad lol, and who knows your ideas may just make it easier for everyone else so please do post and let us know :)

One thing that I am looking at is a way of providing 'mentors'  or 'team buddies' for the course, experienced forum users that understand their way around and are friendly and approachable, with an open knowledge of tarot, so that people have the option of a buddy/mentor to help them get through the course. Whatdyathink? Would that help?

Sooo...... come and say hi, lets see how many tarot class members we can get to respond here........
Last edited by Gem on Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.

George

Re: Hows everyone getting on?

Post by George » Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:52 pm

Gem wrote:Heyyyy!  How is everyone? :smt041

We are nearing the end of the posted classes and I was after an update from you all.

I can see that some of you are steadily moving through the posts and lessons and others seem to have fallen asleep and are dozing? Or perhaps lost interest? Many I know from experience, will be silent members that read and don't post, that's ok too, but it would be nice if you could let us know what you think too please :)

I hope that if any of you are having problems that you will let me know then hopefully we can sort things out. I do realise that it is getting more confusing to find the next lesson because of the way the forum works with new posts rising to the top and so throwing everything out of order. That is why we have our Way Maps which give links to all the lessons in order posted in the Learn Tarot Forums at the top http://mysticboard.org/vi ... 5a9ad880fe

We are always open to suggestions and comments, good or bad lol, and who knows your ideas may just make it easier for everyone else so please do post and let us know :)

One thing that I am looking at is a way of providing 'mentors'  or 'team buddies' for the course, experienced forum users that understand their way around and are friendly and approachable, with an open knowledge of tarot, so that people have the option of a buddy/mentor to help them get through the course. Whatdyathink? Would that help?

Sooo...... come and say hi, lets see how many tarot class members we can get to respond here........
HI  :smt041  

of course i'm still here and  enjoying the class!

i would be willing to a "team buddy" although my only knowledge is what i've read and these classes since sept 2006.  if i'm too new that's okay it wont change my mind on the classes and there would be no hard feelings on my part.

i think its a great ideal overall and could help alot!  :smt003
Common sense dictates there is no such thing as common sense.

Gem

Post by Gem » Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:35 am

George you are my buddy!!  Why would I want to share you with anyone else? hmm, naughty Gem!  Thanks for the kind offer and the reply....

Where is everyone &nbsp;YooooooooooHoooooooooooooo &nbsp;o/ <waves madly>

weezerwall

Yooo, Hoo!

Post by weezerwall » Sun Jun 10, 2007 1:56 pm

Gem wrote:George you are my buddy!! &nbsp;Why would I want to share you with anyone else? hmm, naughty Gem! &nbsp;Thanks for the kind offer and the reply....

Where is everyone &nbsp;YooooooooooHoooooooooooooo &nbsp;o/ <waves madly>
:smt006 &nbsp;Hi Gem,

Just wanted you to know that I'm still out here - plugging along in the Major Arcana. Am making headway, though. &nbsp;Course is GREAT - so INSPIRING and a lot of fun. &nbsp;THANK YOU!! &nbsp;I'm "slow" but "steady"...

Big hugs and blessings!

Weezer

Gem

Post by Gem » Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:19 pm

Aww shucks Weezer thanks :) Slow and steady wins the day, its not a race and reminds me of that tortoise and hare lol.

chrisdee

Post by chrisdee » Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:58 am

Hi Gem to start with I put short cuts to my desk top, so once i found the lesson i didn't lose it again. as for following which card i was on i just kept a list of ones id done quite ease as you put the lessons up in card number order .i do recommend exploring the board it does become easier just press on any thing that say Tarot ,its very interesting what you can find  by pressing watch this topic for replies which is towards the bottom of the screen on the left you will get an email if any body adds anything else to the post :smt006

would love to help any way i can

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:07 am

Hi Gem,

Just to tell you that I am here. I do silently read and lately I have been posting quite a bit I think.

I believe I have done all the cards, whether here or on my own through other sources. I give the occasional reading to friends and I get encouraged when I hear their feedback or, even when I see the cards I pick and within me I sense them to be relevant to their situation. This is where I respect the cards when they present themselves to be so relevant to a given situation. For example, I picked three cards for a friend the other day and, lo and behold, I got them all from the Swords suit. Was I surprised? Knowing the situation my friend is in - not at all.

Where does the course head to from here?
Are we going to touch the spreads or are there other things to come first?

Thanks
Cedars

Chooky

Post by Chooky » Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:49 am

Hi Gem, definately still here,

Would love this course to go on forever, it has been great!! Just disappointing if it is coming to an end.

I have a question about the court cards, as i really struggle with them when doing readings, I find the meanings really tough, I find it hard to figure out if it is an actual person, or the persons feelings, &nbsp;do you have any suggestions.

I would just like to add George has been very helpful to me throughout this course, and I just wanted to pass on thanks to him. &nbsp;

Hope we are still going, &nbsp;Chooky

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:57 am

I am with you there on the court cards Chooky.
I still cant find my bearings with them with regard to a reading.....

Gem

Post by Gem » Sat Jul 14, 2007 12:57 pm

Hi Chooky , thanks for the kind words. &nbsp;George has been wonderful hasn't he :) &nbsp;so thanks George for helping everyone :) &nbsp;This course is designed so that we can all give feedback and encourage new joiners, and I thihnk that one main point is that once you have worked through the course it is easier to learn and attune or bond to a new deck using a similar technique :) So well worth knowing I think. &nbsp;

With Tarot we never stop learning lol !

Cedars, lovely that you are finding it interesting, we have a special Practise Rading board in this Learn Tarot Forum so have a look at the spreads there :) http://mysticboard.org/viewforum.php?f=74

I think that many people have a problem with the court cards, we can do some special readings with them to help :) &nbsp;I will get to it and post over the weekend.

George

Post by George » Sat Jul 14, 2007 1:53 pm

Chooky wrote:Hi Gem, definately still here,

Would love this course to go on forever, it has been great!! Just disappointing if it is coming to an end.

I have a question about the court cards, as i really struggle with them when doing readings, I find the meanings really tough, I find it hard to figure out if it is an actual person, or the persons feelings,  do you have any suggestions.

I would just like to add George has been very helpful to me throughout this course, and I just wanted to pass on thanks to him.  

Hope we are still going,  Chooky
your welcome! &nbsp;:smt006 &nbsp; i try my best to help when ever i can! &nbsp; :smt002

at first i was having real trouble with the Court Cards too. &nbsp;just couldn't get a grasp on any of the meanings even from my books in the beginning. &nbsp;i've gotten more from them from this class then anything. &nbsp;they are people you know around you etc. &nbsp;also i find that they are a feeling, an ideal of what people may think at times. &nbsp;if i had a King of Cups coming up for you i might think that a spiritual man is going to help you or on a more genenral basis that you are feeling spiritual or learning something spirital. &nbsp;of course all depends on the cards. &nbsp;
i'm still trying to grasp all these stuff in a reading but overall i'm getting there. &nbsp; :smt003 &nbsp;
gem said we will discuss this more, glad to here, so i'll think about it some more and see what i can come up with it the discussion starts! &nbsp;:smt004

thanks gem for your kind words to. &nbsp;its been like a week or more, i've lost track, sense i last posted or even read the board. &nbsp; :smt017 &nbsp;and i seem to let things get to me that i forgot about the simply pleasures of my life like this board and all the good people posting here, thanks to you all for making me feel better and giving me a boost of energy! &nbsp; :smt020
Common sense dictates there is no such thing as common sense.

sweetykat

Post by sweetykat » Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:55 am

I am &nbsp;here &nbsp;havn't been &nbsp;doing &nbsp;much &nbsp;with &nbsp;this &nbsp;lately &nbsp;been a little &nbsp;under the &nbsp;weather &nbsp;and &nbsp;life &nbsp;is &nbsp;going &nbsp; on &nbsp;at the &nbsp;moment &nbsp;too lol, but &nbsp;here and &nbsp;studying tonight
sweetykat

himanshu_hari

Post by himanshu_hari » Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:43 pm

hey guys wats this tarot.....how does it work...can anyone tell me about it??

plz let me know about it i m having a keen interest in all these stuffs

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:50 pm

hello Himanshu Hari

Tarot is a divnination tool of 78 cards. I suggest you make a search about the tarot on Google or somewhere to first see what it is all about. You need to have a deck of cards if you wish to learn the tarot, and my personal opinion is that for beginners the Rider Waite Original deck is a good one to start learning the tarot.

There is a free &nbsp;tarot course on this site run by our tutor Gem.

You will find the link under Tarot and under Mystic Academy.

If you like to join in, get yourself a deck of cards and we will be here to guide and help you.

Return to “Learn Tarot”