THE COURT CARDS

This is main Learn Tarot Forum. General tarot lesson questions and answer can be addressed here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

weezerwall

THE COURT CARDS

Post by weezerwall » Sun Oct 14, 2007 1:22 pm

Hi Gem and fellow classmates,

Does anyone have any suggestions (exercises, meditations) for "getting closer" or feeling more comfortable with the court cards? Thanks alot for sharing your ideas with me and wishing you all "Happy Reading"!

Warmest,
Weezer   :)

George

Re: THE COURT CARDS

Post by George » Sun Oct 14, 2007 1:45 pm

weezerwall wrote:Hi Gem and fellow classmates,

Does anyone have any suggestions (exercises, meditations) for "getting closer" or feeling more comfortable with the court cards? Thanks alot for sharing your ideas with me and wishing you all "Happy Reading"!

Warmest,
Weezer   :)
usually it is said to look at the court cards as family members, friends, coworkers etc.  all those people are the court cards.  try going through the court cards and say this is my mom, dad, brother and sister.  this one is my friend and so forth.   :smt004  that just might help and try not to over think it too much that's what i did in the beggining of learning the cards.

good luck

:smt006
Common sense dictates there is no such thing as common sense.

BLouise

Post by BLouise » Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:23 pm

Hi Weezer - I have had a hard time with the court cards too.  I think George's suggestion is the best for remember the characteristics of each card when they represent people.  What I am trying to learn is what else can they represent besides people.  I have a book that says that the pages can represent the arrival of news and the knights represent actions and activities that are already or about to take place.  I'm waiting on a book I've ordered that is supposed to have more details about what they represent other than people.
“And the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.” – T.S. Elliot

George

Post by George » Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:02 pm

BLouise wrote:Hi Weezer - I have had a hard time with the court cards too.  I think George's suggestion is the best for remember the characteristics of each card when they represent people.  What I am trying to learn is what else can they represent besides people.  I have a book that says that the pages can represent the arrival of news and the knights represent actions and activities that are already or about to take place.  I'm waiting on a book I've ordered that is supposed to have more details about what they represent other than people.
read that too also keep in mind it might mean they are bringing you news and with certian cards going out and trying something new and so forth.  just use your intiutuion and it will come to you!   :smt003
Common sense dictates there is no such thing as common sense.

seadrenea

Court cards as atmosphere

Post by seadrenea » Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:37 pm

I try to describe the atmosphere surrounding an issue using any court cards that turn up in a spread. Otherwise I get stuck on the idea that they only indicate people or personalities. When ever an issue includes things the querent cannot control, then I see those court cards as people because you can never control another person.
Dreams are the wishes that our hearts make.

BLouise

Post by BLouise » Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:08 pm

Seadrenea - your perspective makes sense, do you mind sharing your interpretation on which cards represent which type of atmospheres.
“And the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.” – T.S. Elliot

Return to “Learn Tarot”