Study Methods

This is main Learn Tarot Forum. General tarot lesson questions and answer can be addressed here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

Heraclia

Post by Heraclia » Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:55 am

I'd like to start my study this way, because I've remembered the forgotten ideas that I had, and makes me think about the meanings, looking more conscious the cards.
Now I put the deck in my hand-bag when I go out, and I carry it with me wherever I go. I take a look at the cards in every moment I can.
I'm enjoying so much to learn and practice with you. I hope I'll learn well in this way.

Have a nice day,

Heraclia
Be happy, and know all the universe is doing whatever you need for growing as a good person.

Heraclia

Keeping some days to contact with my deck

Post by Heraclia » Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:54 am

Hi everybody,

As I told you above, I'm taking my time to look, meditate and contact with my new deck. Yes, finally I bought the Universal Waite tarot. Yesterday I went to a shop to see if they have free invitations to the Magic International 2007 (they didn't have yet :smt009 ), then I decided to take advantage of my visit and I looked at the decks... and that's the result  :smt003
I hope this part of my learning don't take much longer, but I think it takes some days. I'd like to be a good tarot reader. I really enjoy your work teaching us Gem and everyone in this place. I'd like to know a little part of your knowledge.

Have a light and brightness day,

Heraclia

BLouise

Post by BLouise » Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:27 pm

Heraclia - that is the great part of these lessons you can go at your own pace.  Hope you are enjoying your new deck :)
“And the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.” – T.S. Elliot

Gem

Post by Gem » Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:55 pm

First impressions of the deck then Heraclia please?

Heraclia

Post by Heraclia » Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:39 pm

To express my impressions... UHMMM... that is a difficult job for me... :smt017
I saw the Universal Tarot box in the shop, I picked it from the shop library, I think that the cards have chosen me; that is the impression I have now when I remember this afternoon looking for something.
Now I see the cards, and I feel good working with them. I hope they will be friendly helpers.
As for the first look at the cards and what do they inspire me, I write a post in the FEEDBACK, The begining - Part one, that George answered. Did you see it?, I think is in page 17.

Happy to meet my cards and to meet all of you.

Heraclia
Be happy, and know all the universe is doing whatever you need for growing as a good person.

Silvaglo

Post by Silvaglo » Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:28 pm

The first Tarot Deck that I purchased is The Original Rider Waite Tarot Pack, since I have purchased the Thoth Deck and the Discovery Kit but always go back to the Rider Waite Tarot. I guess that is what I have become comfortable with.

I am still trying very hard to learn to read them.

Now, I was told that you need to learn the traditional meanings and also  to find your own meanings to them and combine the two. Is this correct?

I have several books on the Tarot, both E-books and real books. Sometimes I think I may have tried to cram to much in my head.

I pull the deck out every morning and in the evenings before I go to sleep. In the evenings I do the Celtic Spread and in the morning just a three card spread. Is this the best way to learn them? I have to say that it is helping.

I also like to shuffle them good and concentrate on one card that I have chosen to see if I know what it is before I turn it over. It works at times but I have to be completely clear headed. :)

Any/all suggestions will be appreciated. :)
Hugz & BB,

Silvaglo

Return to “Learn Tarot”