How does Tarot work exactly?

This is main Learn Tarot Forum. General tarot lesson questions and answer can be addressed here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

electric beauty

How does Tarot work exactly?

Post by electric beauty » Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:12 pm

I'm curious, because I did a reading for myself and it was very accurate. So accurate that I got aggravated at the final result (I did a celtic cross spread) and sold my cards on eBay! Well the cards were right. I am simultaneously fascinated and a little weary of the Tarot, because it seems so powerful. I was looking up videos about Tarot on YouTube, and I got thrown off by a comment someone left that it was "cold reading" and keeping people in the "dark ages". Thoughts?

Cascade of Light

Post by Cascade of Light » Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:45 pm

There are many thoughts about how Tarot works. But one thing is for sure they do work and can give creepily accurate readings. If you beleive in spirit then perhaps spirit is puttin gthe right cards in the right place. If you beleive in angels then perhaps they are moving the cards for you. If you beleive in neither then perhaps the cards have a life of their own and destiny plays a part?  Shame you gave up, have you tried Angel Cards or an oracle, they are far gentler and easier to come to terms with.
A cascade of light shone down on me, then the angels spoke, and set me free,
Cas x

Return to “Learn Tarot”