A Walk with Tarot. - Beginners Guide. Sign-up here.

This is main Learn Tarot Forum. General tarot lesson questions and answer can be addressed here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

AeraCrescent

Post by AeraCrescent » Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:30 pm

Theres a new course for 2012? I think it's great to have the material out there, since I bought a Dragons Tarot deck. I've always wanted a Dragon deck. I'm not particurly new to the concept of tarot since i grew up exposed to it, but I'll need to be able to understand the symbolism and how to basically understand what my cards mean, since the guidebook only has 1-word descriptions... It's not very helpful at all. So this will be helpful when I have to return my book by Eden Gray. =) Thank you for putting this together!
Time Heals All Wounds

Loveandlight

Signing up

Post by Loveandlight » Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:09 pm

Hi all, Thank you for this opportunity. I would love to learn more about Tarot and giving readings. I will post back after reading the first essay.
Love and light
Jason
May love and light shine on you

Sriworld

Post by Sriworld » Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:09 pm

Good evening mod...

Thanks for the course., we are very much excited to see this one., will be working on this from now itself... thank you once again...

Regards....

linziewag

Post by linziewag » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:21 pm

Hi all,  I love this forum, I always learn so much. I have signed up before but twice my computer needed to be repaired and I had to take a break from the class.  It looks like all is well with this computer and I am excited to be joinging the class again.  Thank you for the opportunity.  Linziewag

Spirit_of_Phoenix

choosing a deck

Post by Spirit_of_Phoenix » Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:48 pm

hello all, I am looking at buying a deck of Tarots but was advised to be given as a gift rather than to buy for yourself.. this noted how would I go about choosing a tarot deck? I thought it was a personal decision to which draws you to them- so how is this possible if it has to be a gift? what if the ones given do not match you? can I just browse for a set and then ask for the ones I choose?
Thanks in advance for any help with this matter :)

Spirit_of_Phoenix

Post by Spirit_of_Phoenix » Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:19 pm

I have noticed a lot of posts are very old in here but the information held is very useful to a movice like myself. Am glad I found this site, thanks

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:05 pm

Please do not pay attention to such bumbo jumbo about being given as a gift.

For your first deck i would suggest Rider Waite... Failing that.. you just go to the store or browse on line and see which one 'talks' to you.....
But please........ dont listen to old women's tales.
Just do what speaks to you.

good luck.

Spirit_of_Phoenix

Post by Spirit_of_Phoenix » Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:53 pm

Thanks for the advice :) I figured it wouldn't be the case but I didn't want to jinx anything by doing something wrong lol... I will have a browse around and lok for something... I will see what the Rider Waite ones are like too x

George

Re: choosing a deck

Post by George » Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:15 pm

Spirit_of_Phoenix wrote:hello all, I am looking at buying a deck of Tarots but was advised to be given as a gift rather than to buy for yourself.. this noted how would I go about choosing a tarot deck? I thought it was a personal decision to which draws you to them- so how is this possible if it has to be a gift? what if the ones given do not match you? can I just browse for a set and then ask for the ones I choose?
Thanks in advance for any help with this matter :)
i agree with Cedars on this, so don't pay attention to how you should or shouldn't buy a deck.  
i bought a santa fe deck because it was on sale but till this day i have never used those cards for a reading because i couldn't connect to the images on the card.  I bought the RW deck because it was the deck my mother owned when i was a kid and i loved the art work of the deck. Plus i wanted to get the same deck she had.   I have been doing reading sense i learn the deck from taken the classes here.
Common sense dictates there is no such thing as common sense.

imajicasnow

Post by imajicasnow » Wed May 01, 2013 7:45 am

Hi there, new here and am looking to refresh and learn more

Payewacker

Post by Payewacker » Wed May 01, 2013 9:21 am

Hi there,

Nice to meet you. If you have anything you need to know, please don't hesitate to ask. We will be doing a lot more new postings on the cards, and I will ask TM to refresh the topics.

Blessed be.

stephybabes92

Post by stephybabes92 » Wed May 01, 2013 11:05 am

oooh will there be a new walk with tarot coming up soon or something similiar?
x x x x x x x x Stephanie x x x x x x x x
             Live a life of love
                  Jesus is Lord! †

linziewag

learn and refresh my memory

Post by linziewag » Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:40 pm

hello my name is linziewag and I want to take the course again and commit to leGearning the tarot.  Often it was hard for me to learn while working, taking care of a family, and going to school.   My kids are now out of the house, and I am now a widow with time on herr hands, which means I can seriously study the tarot/  I know most will be self study and posting to ask questions, but I am glad Payewacker and Gem are here to answer questions if needed, I have followed their work in the past and they are extremely knowledgeable.  linziewag

mooncrone

Tarot

Post by mooncrone » Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:30 pm

HI I have just joined this forum and am looking forward to getting to know everyone .I am a Tarot reader but always looking to learn more .I would like to take part in the lessons we learn and hope to contribute something too

Atendimento

Post by Atendimento » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:55 am

Hello Everyone,

My name is Atendimento . I am new to this Mysticboard forum. Well I need to know more about the Forum Rules & Terms, so that I can access , view , comment & post the reply on the suitable threads

Regards
Atendimento

Return to “Learn Tarot”