Ace of Swords

This is main Learn Tarot Forum. General tarot lesson questions and answer can be addressed here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

TarotModerator

Ace of Swords

Post by TarotModerator » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:10 pm

Ace of Swords

Image    Image    Image    Image    Image

Symbolism:

Golden Crown:  Victory, attainment.

Roses: Spiritual righteousness.

Upturned Sword: Conviction to truth, confidence.

Six Yods: Falling to the ground symbolising the start or spark of a unlimited and not yet manifestation of reality in the third dimension.

Element: Air

Direction: North.

Season: Winter.

Ruled by; THE MAGICIAN.

Card Description.

A single broadsword gripped firmly by a hand extending from a cloud, in some decks a fertile landscape with hills are also displayed, there are also drops of rain falling to the ground symbolizing the beginning of growth.

Meaning: “By my might, I did it!!

This victory card stands for triumph and conquest by force, physically and intellectually. Physically you won the battle over obstacles; intellectually you outsmarted those around you. Your mind is sharper and clearer, giving you tremendous power in all areas of your life. Force of will, force of position or circumstances. This victory can be in any area of your life, profession, love and money. You attained that high position and you are or will soon taste that euphoria in whichever endeavor you were engaged in. In the suit of Swords it seems as if you started where others have finished. Everything linked to this card can be seen as in the excessive degree.

Upright:                                                                                      

This card stands for triumph, prosperity, conquest, fertility. Intellectual fulfillment. The birth of a new idea or a new Endeavour. Tremendous power now available, or used. May also indicate the birth of a child.

You have really pushed and shoved hard, used your force of will and influence to get to where you are now, you made sure that you employed your common sense to determine, not only your, but also other peoples lives in a positive way. You have the edge and conviction to use your new found power in a righteous way. Now is the best time also to start that new idea you are or were pondering.

The reader must put the card meanings in context with the spread regarding past, present and future!!

Reversed:

Disastrous results to your victory, you have still won, but soon or if not already, you whish you never won, now is the time where you are going to enter into, or already have, very tense relations, and emotional conflicts with yourself and with others. Over confidence. Self destruction.

Your victory is premature and spells disaster for you, you most definitely abused the power given to you and the affects has already or will start showing soon. You rushed in with too much confidence and dotted here and there, you will start seeing the flaws. Your common sense has let you down because you did not consider the consequences correctly. Your action has brought strife and negative factors into your professional and personal life. The opposing forces within yourself will now be evident; care must be taken to at least maintain your dignity. This card also foretells sickness of you or someone close to you.

lorraineb

ace swords

Post by lorraineb » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:31 am

I once did a reading for my niece. when getting the ace of swords,  I felt the need to tell her to be careful at work in the following days as I saw her cutting her finger... few days later, she contacted me to tell me as she was doing the dishes *at work*, she indeed did cut her finger when a glass broke.

funny how the cards work uh?

Return to “Learn Tarot”