Part One - The Major Arcana - 0

Under this forum The Tarot Professor can and will be able to set the students assignments and homework. Which then must be submitted back here itself. This forum can be accessed only by MysticBoard.com Members.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

xaxaa

Post by xaxaa » Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:31 pm

I'm posting some more pictures of the fool...[/img]
:)
Attachments
trelos0.jpg
Lord of the Rings,Art Nouveau,J.Fo deck
trelos0.jpg (622.52 KiB) Viewed 5216 times

Renata1

How I see/feel the Fool

Post by Renata1 » Thu May 08, 2008 1:53 am

If I take this card for me or for someone else, I’ll ready this as:
The person feels free, like to live without big responsibilities, like to join new things, is a funny and easygoing person. Depending on the theme we’re talking about, it means the person has to be more involved with the things he/she’s worried about.

Hugs,
Renata

Henhenetti

Post by Henhenetti » Mon May 12, 2008 11:48 pm

The Waite/Smith Tarot Deck

0 - The Fool ~ Carefree, Dreamer, Simple, Traveler, Impulsive

I see him as careless, not watching where he is going, he's about to walk off the cliff.  Is the dog warning or going to follow him off the cliff?  Will the Fool take someone with him when he goes over the edge?  Is someone close to him trying to warn him he's going in the wrong direction? He may be running from his problems as he's carrying the stereotypical 'bag on a stick' often shown with old pictures/drawings of runaways and he has the sun at his back, always the best way to travel. He could just be a person travelling 'light' and possibly in the wrong direction.  Maybe he's going on a trip but not prepared well for it, accounting for the use of a small bag instead of something larger.  He appears to be carefree, his stance & the way he's holding the white flower (purity, innocence, righteous), ignorant to his surroundings and his immediate danger.  He is on the 'high' but ready to fall to the 'low'.  Being "brought down a notch".  A close companion, represented by the white dog (white, again with the purity, innocence, righteous, trustworthy), is along for the folly.  The bag is red, possibly representing passion- a trip involving romance that is doomed to fail.  The Fool is blind, ignorant, unaware of the danger of an immediate situation.  He is not watching where he is going, possibly day dreaming, as being represented by the pose of his head.  Possibly a great fall due to not being aware of one's surroundings.  Falling from innocence.
Last edited by Henhenetti on Tue May 13, 2008 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Henhenetti

Post by Henhenetti » Mon May 12, 2008 11:49 pm

Please delete.  Accidental entry.

Henhenetti

Post by Henhenetti » Tue May 13, 2008 12:31 am

Gem wrote:These are brilliant answers, well done :)

What kind of emotions does the card bring to you?  Is it a good card to have in a reading?
Emotions?  I'm not sure- I suppose it would depend on what position the card held in a reading.  Whether or not it was good would again depend on it's position.  One position might mean it's a forewarning and I would take that as good.  Or another position might indicate a bad step already taken that's a negative influence on the here and now.  

In short, I suppose it all comes down to what position The Fool was in on what emotions it invokes and whether to take it as good or bad.
If you can't take the heat,
       Don't tickle
            The Dragon!

Henhenetti

Post by Henhenetti » Tue May 13, 2008 12:46 am

Gem wrote:Image
I like this.  The left card is showing where The Fool is going while the right is showing where he's been.

The left card is from "The Tarot of the New Vision" ???
If you can't take the heat,
       Don't tickle
            The Dragon!

Henhenetti

Post by Henhenetti » Tue May 13, 2008 10:56 pm

Please delete empty message.
Last edited by Henhenetti on Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vinnilaa

Post by vinnilaa » Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:52 am

I would say that the person is a happy go lucky character who always sees life as something wonderful, never worries about what lies ahead... he is innocent and ready to take whatever comes in the way. He has good friends who's always there for him when he's in truoble... He is ready to embark a journey...

FragelsGal

Post by FragelsGal » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:02 am

The card I hold in front of me tells me about a man who walks life carefree and proud, but maybe hes a bit nieve and needs to look out and open his eyes to things that are right in front of him.

dafphodil

Re: Part One - The Major Arcana - 0

Post by dafphodil » Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:19 am

Gem wrote:This is a follow on exercise from Part One The Beginning.

Here we will look at each card in depth and see what we all think and feel about it. We will move from single word meanings to an in depth view of the variations that The Fool can stand for in other packs.

For instance, The Fool makes me think of the words - sunny, joy, dog playing, on trip or journey.  

The next time you look you might notice more like the edge of the cliff, perhaps the dog is trying to warn him about falling about not looking, ignorance at danger?

See? Its not that difficult, and those are just my take on the card, you will see and feel different because of your life's journey, your experiences and so on :)  No books needed and no wrong meanings, so don't worry :)  see what the cards mean to you...  All this takes is the time to really look at each card,  I bet that each one will soon tell you a story and talk..

What do you see in this card?

If you have any pictures of The Fool from other decks post them here so we can all see them and discuss them too.
The sun rises from the East. The early riser is awake and begins his journey early, but stopped to smell the roses on the way. It is a white rose, representing his purity which blooms as vibrant as the snow. He is holding the fragile stem at a distance from the cliff, making note to preserve it's delicate flower. He teeters at the edge, so as to hear his delightful song's echo clearly ricocheting off the high walls of the mountains. His loyal pup, nervous and protective of the young master, anxiously hops and yips a warning beside him. He too is white, but does not appear to have as careful footing as the boy. The dog is the boy's companion and responsibility, a living creature who faces grave danger due to the boy's careless impulse. He would tumble into the unexpecting, cold and untouched great world below. Although the boy may celebrate his own precious existence,  he will be burdened with guilt, shame and loneliness if he neglects and tarnishes the innocence of God's lesser creations and gracious resources.
My desire for knowledge is intermittent;to commune with the spirit of the universe,intoxicated with the fumes of divine nectar,to bear my head through atmospheres and over heights unknown to my feet,is perennial and constant.

Clare

the fool

Post by Clare » Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:12 am

at first i thought the same, carefree no ties or commitment, bu now i see he i look so far up in the air he doesnt see the cliff edge

crone

The Fool

Post by crone » Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:40 pm

I recently discovered the "New Vision Tarot" which is the reverse or backside of the Rider Waite Deck. It adds some interesting views from what is behind the figures on the Rider Waite Deck. I see the fool as the unimprinted soul. Not male or female but as an open mind. Looking at all the new things to be discovered and almost waiting for life to just happen. I see all the elements in this card the fire with the yellow sun and sky, the air as he or shee gazes upward and as his or her cloak seems to blow the water shown with the frozen mountain peaks and earth, where he or she stands ready to discover all that life has to offer. I have began to see how all the cards intertwine with each other with the elements and I am very interested in this correlation.    Crone

deelitefullyme

0 Fool

Post by deelitefullyme » Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:33 pm

I see the Fool as a fun, silly, carefree person.  He is a character in his own right being funny, childish and silly.  He doesn't take things seriously and enjoys his carefree life.  

He doesn't plan for the future but things always seem to come his way.  He doesn't care about consequenses because so far there has been nothing that was too terrible for him.

He's still young and has not been hardened by living though hard times.  His heart is still young and free.

crone

The Fool

Post by crone » Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:52 pm

I see the tarot as a journey. I do not see The Fool as male or female, because through the journey The Fool evolves and takes on different personas. The card in the Rider deck doesn't plainly assign a sex to the Fool.  I have started to see the association with the Minor cards with the Majors. That seemed to be the hardest thing for me to "get". Aries is associated with the Fool and Wands and Fire represented to me Wands - the staff carried holding the four elements Air, Water, Fire and Earth.

Crone

Mandimedea

Post by Mandimedea » Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:37 pm

My interpretation of the FOOL is...

The WHITE FLOWER represents new starts and/or cherished memories
The SUN represents expansion and growth
The BINDLE on a stick represents simple basic needs to survive (carrying everything you need in a small bag)
the BINDLESTICK represents self-reliance, can use stick to protect ones self or to knock down obstacles in way
The CLIFF represents the end of road/major change and you either have the strength to step out into the unknown or you withdraw from problem and throw self off-time for a decision (fool looks positive about this decision)  Look at bigger view
The WHITE DOG represents loyalty and truth and that you are on the right path, guiding you like your instinct.
The MOUNTAINS represent a challenge to deal with or realization of goals, your endurance
The FOOL dressed in flashy colors says he in creative and true to self, originality, moves forward alone.

I believe it is saying be true to your own self, look at big picture and move toward goals with strength.  When things are hard think positive and let your instinct guide you, you always have room to grow and will forever be learning.  Keep things simple and work hard for your goals, and your strength and positive attitude will get you through tough journeys. Need to think things through, life has many challenges, it is about how you handle them.  If you do not listen to your instinct or look at whole picture and look at the negative you are being a fool and then you are moving toward danger or choices that affect you negatively not giving meaning to your life and not being true to self.

Return to “Tarot Homework”