Part One - The Major Arcana - 0

Under this forum The Tarot Professor can and will be able to set the students assignments and homework. Which then must be submitted back here itself. This forum can be accessed only by MysticBoard.com Members.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

anandutsav

Post by anandutsav » Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:04 pm

The FOOL appears to be embarking on an  adventure, with dreams in his eyes and seems to be enjoying the innocence of his leap into the unknown. He is just taking the sense of freedom as a reward for his self-belief
and his faith in the natural elements.  The FOOL, to me, signifies that life is the biggest of adventures but can  be completed successfully only with purity of thoughts. A person can achieve all that he dreams with absolute faith in self and the Almighty!!
anandutsav

Gem

Post by Gem » Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:07 pm

Thanks anandutsav :)

ws2m1

Post by ws2m1 » Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:31 am

The Fool shows  frivolous expression, looks like he is running away from home and inocently keeps on walking with out realizing where he is going.

looks like the dog is trying to tell him to watch his step before he falls over the cliff. He wears loud and expensive clothes.

He has to be reminded and advised to be easy on his spending.

It is absolutely necessary to overcome his Immaturity, foolishness, and hopefully, he will make the right decision in his life.

Your request have been sent to Tech forum...I have tried to give an aswer there.
http://mysticboard.org/vi ... hp?t=30970
Rhutobello

ws2m1

The Magitian

Post by ws2m1 » Sat Jul 07, 2007 2:43 am

Thanks Rhutobello, for sending my request to tech forum.....

The MAGICIAN, Is using his inner knowledge, skill, ability, and self determination to tackle
life's dificulties, however no mater how difficult the problem seems to be,
It is not impossible for him to solve it.
He is master of his life, self reliant, and gets things done.

Dcruddy

0 Fool Feedback

Post by Dcruddy » Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:45 pm

To me the fool represents an innocent or inexperienced person.  "Everyman" who needs to make a decision.
There is a sense with this card that anything goes - nothing is certain or regular. This card also represents the complete faith that life is good and worthy of trust.
~  Jennifer  ~
"What You Think About, You Bring About"
  - Louise Hay

Magewyntyr

Post by Magewyntyr » Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:22 am

The fool is one that likes to play. He is an entertainer. He rolls the dice in a game of chance. He has a harp to play for you. He will entertain you with music, games, and jokes. He is very charismatic. If you're not careful and strong, he could charm you into doing something rash.

Gem

Post by Gem » Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:27 pm

What a mischeivous dragon too?  Lovely start :)

Magewyntyr

Post by Magewyntyr » Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:19 pm

My thoughts on the Fool of the RW deck:

Here is a soul that is carefree. The sun is shining and light fills the land and his heart. How many times do we find ourselves wishing for more time to just be carefree?
We look at children and see them without a care in the world. We worry for our kids because they're too innocent to know better. We all want to play and never worry about fixing dinner, paying off the mortgage, getting the car fixed, paying bills.... but this is what "responsible" people do. We worry ourselves into an early grave. And we call those who don't worry, "fools".

You are a fool if you don't save for retirement! You are a fool if you haven't achieved this amount of material gain by this age!

I have to actually wonder...who is the fool?

The little dog represents a follower of the fool. Possibly one step closer to the edge than the fool himself. Wanting to be just like the fool.

There can be many interpretations for the fool. Innocence, Carefree, charisma, and even disaster ahead. tread carefully, those that follow the fool, might want to be especially cautious.

Mystical Princess

Post by Mystical Princess » Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:35 pm

This picture is a bit different than the one in my deck.

This picture shows alot of things going on at once, where mine is a bit more simple.

Gems card reminds me of a journey into the unknown, gone into without fear and with hope. Carefree, without worry into the unknown and possibly labeled a fool because of that. He seems to be of free and bright spirit and a bit over confident thinking he may be able to fly rather than fall.

The little dog seems to be represented as reality. Trying to get the Fool to realize and admit he's still only human and to think he can carelessly walk off the cliff would be unwise at best.

The Fool in my deck looks like this

I feel its a little more simplistic in meaning as he doesn't carry a pack, which leads me to take "journey" out of my first impression.
Also, he's half blindfolded which would lead me to believe that there is something he doesn't want to see..possibly the cliff. This leads me to wonder about self-destruction. Maybe an unhealthy addiction or activities that could lead to harm. Both have nothing to do with something being done to the person, its just part of their makeup to be a daredevil or similar.

Someone who takes risks without thinking things through.

Similarities would include the "magic dust" the Fool is dropping from his hand which would represent an overconfidence in the path he has chosen. And again, the dog, on my card is actually trying to pull the Fool back representing the voice of reason and reality.

I would expect this card to appear in a question pertaining to should I or shouldn't I and I would probably advise the person that they may have success with what they want to do, but think it through very carefully and listen intently to people and their own instinct carefully before you proceed with your plans and throughout the culmination of those plans.

I don't view the Fool card as one of insult, just as one of think things through and listen to people with knowledge along the way.

-MP

Mystical Princess

Post by Mystical Princess » Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:43 pm

I'm finding it very interesting how different the Fool is depicted in different decks. As far as their written meaning goes, are they the same?

-MP

Gem

Post by Gem » Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:03 pm

Mystical Princess wrote:I'm finding it very interesting how different the Fool is depicted in different decks. As far as their written meaning goes, are they the same?

-MP
You have done very well so far. :)

If you read through the tutorials and tarot lessons http://mysticboard.org/viewforum.php?f=80 you will understand some of the background to the course. Why like so many other tarot teachers I choose the Rider Waite deck as the main deck to base the course on.

First, it has pictures on all the cards, major and minor, so unlike your beautiful Fergus Hall deck, the minor arcana cards do have full pictures rather than just 6 cups or 8 swords, which were used to ensure that only those with the secrect knowledge could read the cards. This makes it much easier for a student to use their own inspiration to read the cards naturally and without hesitation by learning to trust their intuition and to read the cards by the 'trigger method' that I teach here.

The general meaning for any tarot following the Rider Waite format will be the came, with slight differences of emotion and feeling depending on the pictures. The Fool is always the beginning of the journey, the quest for knowledge, the unknown and the leap of faith or stupidity or just plain not looking at dangers on the path. Your deck follows the same meanings :)

SandiLJ

sandilj

Post by SandiLJ » Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:38 am

the fool, I noticed that the mountians were covered in snow, he also had a weather vain the fool has a, carefree spirit he didn't think to dress right for his journey. He didn't bring any water or hunting, tools to help him find food and cook, it he seems to be in his, own little care free. World not thinking about shelter or food, or the consonquiences of his decissions and the pain, it will cost him by his foolish, ways he also didn't notice the cliff ,that he is about to fall off his dog, is trying to warn him but to avail he is, not listing to what anyone is saying to him especially his dog.!!!
SandiLJohnson

infinitii525

Post by infinitii525 » Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:31 pm

The Fool to me looks like he is leaving the known and going into the unknown. He also could be leaving innocence, safety, and or childhood behind. He seems optimistic and willing to continue his journey even though there may be danger ahead. His spirit seems good, but this card makes me feel nervous because it’s depicts having to take a risk and not letting things hold you back. The overall feeling of the card is positive.

Gem

Post by Gem » Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:03 pm

Thanks you two.  Lovely first cards :)  well done.

Leslie

The Fool

Post by Leslie » Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:20 am

The fool is someone with no restrictions, childlike, but yet still thinks about things. I do not feel that the fool jumps into things blindly with out some thought. (You can see it by the eyes and mouth in my card.) He is more open than others in trying and doing new things. The Fool has a little bit of each personality trait in the zodiac. (my cards show him juggling all the signs of the zodiac) He uses that personality trait that best suits his needs at that particular moment in his life. The world is in his hands and he does what he pleases without fear. He does what makes him happy. BUT, he still remains in control. Therfore, I see him as a wise fool... :smt002

I may be a little prejudice though...because this is my tarot personality card. The # 22.... :smt003

I wish my scanner was working so you could see what I was talking about. I will have to get that fixed...lol

:)
Leslie

Return to “Tarot Homework”