Part One - The Major Arcana - 0

Under this forum The Tarot Professor can and will be able to set the students assignments and homework. Which then must be submitted back here itself. This forum can be accessed only by MysticBoard.com Members.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

Cheyenne

Post by Cheyenne » Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:17 pm

The Fool is someone that is pushing his own bounderies if he has any. The fool seems to me like someone that doesn't stick long to one profession. Someone that gets bored easily. On my card the Fool looks fearless, determined. Someone that speaks his own mind.

By the colorful clothes the fool is wearing I get the feeling that he is creative, artistic, an individual. The fool is someone that believes in a good ending and has faith that everything will be alright. The fool is innocent, spontaneous and one who follows his own heart.

The dog acts like a guardian angel that protects the fool on his journey. Supporting him in his dreams and saves him when he makes a wrong move. (edit: sorry forgot to add the fool)
Attachments
TheFool.jpg
TheFool.jpg (110.95 KiB) Viewed 3709 times
Last edited by Cheyenne on Sat Aug 25, 2007 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

littleone22

The Fool

Post by littleone22 » Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:48 pm

The Fool to me seems very naive, He sets out on his journey and assumes that everything will be fine and that the bad things in life happen to other people not him! So when it does happen to him he is completely unaware that danger is near and unprepared for the fallout it may bring! In a way this is a good thing as he taking each day as he comes and not fearing the future, but every now and then the future deserves some thought!

Looking closely at the picture he may be a fool in love (hence the rose)!?

The dog could be warning him, or he could be taking the leap with him implying that your angel (white dog) will be there when you fall or that he is guiding you through a change in your life!

love the mighty littleone22 :smt006

grmrsan

Post by grmrsan » Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:20 pm

Celtic dragon
This ones a bit differant, the fool is just a kid wandering along a path. But he's found little fire dragons to keep him company.   There are a couple of larger dragons hiding in the paths beind him, not threatening, they just seem interested. This card is very differant from the other fools I've seen. In those the fool is just minding his own business and usually on a cliff. Here he's on flat ground, and needs to make an obvious choice of which way he wants to go, instead of just stumbling over onto one.

Forest folklore deck
The fool is walking along, enjoying himself. It's a nice day for travaeling, and his g. shep dog agrees. Both dog and man are engrossed in each other, and don't seem o be paying attention to thier surroundings. His toes are already off the edge, but he doesn't seem like he'd be too upset when he trips. He looks like he'd just laugh it off and keep going. He's carring a white rose in one hand and a pack over his shouler., but we can't see much of the pack, Just the bit sticking out over his back.

This feels like a happy card to me. Everythings bright and cheerful, and I feel like even if he does fall, he's not going to be hurt. Startled maybe, but nothing really bad could happen. Not here, or now.
Attachments
the fools.jpg
the fools.jpg (56.49 KiB) Viewed 3703 times
Last edited by grmrsan on Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

grmrsan

Post by grmrsan » Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:26 pm

mystical princess,
Your fool almost looks like he's being pushed to me.  And from the not so great monitor I'm using, he almost looks like he's using a gun! LOL

starsign20002000

Post by starsign20002000 » Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:28 am

The Fool is on a journey, not watching where he is about to step, he is taking a risk and the dog is trying to warn him that he is about to fall off the cliff.  He is not carrying much in his bag.  Could be trying to balance with his arms out stretched.  He seems as if he is carefree.

Delirium

Post by Delirium » Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:42 pm

The dog in the card holds significance i feel like the lion in strength - as Rachel Pollack say's "deny your inner self and it becomes feroiouse, obay it and it becomes benign"

Carla

Post by Carla » Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:47 pm

The Fool is out for a short journey, his dog and friend is excited to be going with him. He is ignorant of the danger ahead of him. He is lite and carefree. I feel like he will land on his feet once he steps over the edge.

BLouise

Post by BLouise » Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:45 am

When I look at the Fool from the Rider Waite deck I think he seems to be a naive young man set out to discover the world.  He is about to make his first mistake by stepping off the cliff.  The dog looks as though he is trying to warn the young man but he is too busy thinking of all the things he will see and places he will go.

Here is a picture of the fool from my deck The Gilded Tarot:

I see in this card the Jester juggles the signs of the zodiac suggesting he has a choice of who he will be.  He dances in the dark moonlight suggesting, to me, that all has yet to be revealed.
“And the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.” – T.S. Elliot

Heraclia

The Fool

Post by Heraclia » Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:22 am

In this card (in Marsella deck) we can see a young man just beginning a discovery journey, he only thinks about his things, his travel; and he's looking all around.
He wears a little bag on his shoulder, meaning perhaps the important things we only need to travel into life. But we must be conscious with our situation and leave to grow ourselves.
The dog seems to follow the man, trying to stop him, either to go with him or to advise him from a danger in the journey (future), if we let the dog (inner mind) go with us, we'd probably end our journey happy.
But the man thinks that she is enough with his physical strength (he helps himself with a can).  I think he is a bit "fool", he is innocent and not responsible for his actual actions, trying to go alone.

I can't paste a image of the Marsella Fool, but I tell you a link if you want to see it.

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/7335 ... _mat.0.jpg

Can somebody explain me how to paste an imge?

Thanks,

Heraclia
Be happy, and know all the universe is doing whatever you need for growing as a good person.

lluvia

the fool

Post by lluvia » Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:17 am

what i saw in this card(the rider tarot card)was a traveler,long journey n carelessnes :)

arianna

Post by arianna » Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:52 am

The Fool is full of adventure with a high energy - No baggage weighing him down as he is carefree - he is "ready" to take on the world (good and bad)

my thoughts - Arianna
I wish that your dreams stay big and worries stay small

Sabra

Post by Sabra » Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:54 pm

I love this card!  The Fool appears to be stepping off a cliff, but he also appears to be very carefree and confident in the steps he is taking.  Depending upon how it comes up in a reading, I interpret it to mean that a leap of faith should be taken in a venture despite negative input from others... Trust in instinct and intuition.

winniewoo

RW: The Fool

Post by winniewoo » Sat Nov 24, 2007 3:39 am

A new beginning, joyous without thought to your peril or anothers. Traveling along in a Fools paradise, totally unaware. Full of optimism, hope and the feeling of freedom. A wonderful new beginning but we need to stop and take notice of the perils of our actions.
What lies behind you and what lies before you matters not. However, what lies within you is of great importance.

pirbid

The Fool says...

Post by pirbid » Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:45 am

"Wish you could be up here with me, feeling the cool and clear mountain breeze, the sun on your back, the company of a good friend... The joy of being alive on a day like this, with the whole world at your feet... no worries, no regrets, light as a feather, free as a bird, innocent like a newborn child".  :)

I finally found out how to post images here! None too easy for a noncomp person, like me.

Anyway, I thought it would be interesting to have a look at some different images for the same card (I certainly love seeing the ones you all post). The first one is from the Medieval Scapini, very standard save for the dog looking more like a little lyon; the second is from the Spiral and reminds me of The Lovers, with the angel behind; the third is quite a new approach from the Ancestral Path and I thought it would be nice for all readers and would-be readers in this subforum.

Gem

Post by Gem » Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:33 pm

Hi Pirbid, lovely cards. I really enjoy using the Spiral deck. that picture makes me feel that the guardian angel is holding The Fool back maybe? So I sometimes get a different read from this particular card.

The Ancestral Fool is spooky, a card within a card within a card etc etc, I think that is very fitting for the beginning of a tarot journey?

You have made one huge point here!  Each deck can and does have a different meaning for each card, thats why it is so important to give the deck used  :)

Return to “Tarot Homework”