Part One - The Major Arcana - 0

Under this forum The Tarot Professor can and will be able to set the students assignments and homework. Which then must be submitted back here itself. This forum can be accessed only by MysticBoard.com Members.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

Gem

Part One - The Major Arcana - 0

Post by Gem » Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:56 pm

This is a follow on exercise from Part One The Beginning.

Here we will look at each card in depth and see what we all think and feel about it. We will move from single word meanings to an in depth view of the variations that The Fool can stand for in other packs.

For instance, The Fool makes me think of the words - sunny, joy, dog playing, on trip or journey.  

The next time you look you might notice more like the edge of the cliff, perhaps the dog is trying to warn him about falling about not looking, ignorance at danger?

See? Its not that difficult, and those are just my take on the card, you will see and feel different because of your life's journey, your experiences and so on :)  No books needed and no wrong meanings, so don't worry :)  see what the cards mean to you...  All this takes is the time to really look at each card,  I bet that each one will soon tell you a story and talk..

What do you see in this card?

If you have any pictures of The Fool from other decks post them here so we can all see them and discuss them too.
Last edited by Gem on Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.

starryskies

Post by starryskies » Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:07 pm

Innocence and stepping out without looking where you are going. New found freedom. Enjoying yourself without worrying about the consequences. Childlike behaviour. Taking risks but not worrying about them or not having the risk factor in the forefront of your mind. Venturing blindly into some situation without weighing up the pros and cons.

chrisdee

Post by chrisdee » Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:00 pm

The fool travels light (the small bag).With innocence faith and a positive attitude (his stature)he steps in a childish manner(stepping so close to the edge) into the unknown Not listening to the warnings given by his unconscious mind(the dog) that there may be danger in his adventures He wants to live life for the moment and not be responsible for his action's He does things on instinct and does not like authority(not acknologing the dog). He will learn from his mistakes(the continuation of the 0
Attachments
F.jpg
F.jpg (39.49 KiB) Viewed 18271 times
Last edited by chrisdee on Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

starryskies

Post by starryskies » Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:09 am

This is The Fool card from the Urban Tarot deck. It is not a deck I am keen on personally but interesting because it is so different from the more commonly used decks.
Attachments
fool urban tarot.jpg
fool urban tarot.jpg (10.98 KiB) Viewed 18313 times

George

Re: 0 - The Fool

Post by George » Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:07 pm

Gem wrote:This is a follow on exercise from Part One The Beginning.

Here we will look at each card in depth and see what we all think and feel about it. We will move from single word meanings to an in depth view of the variations that The Fool can stand for in other packs.

For instance, The Fool makes me think of the words - sunny, joy, dog playing, on trip or journey.  

The next time you look you might notice more like the edge of the cliff, perhaps the dog is trying to warn him about falling about not looking, ignorance at danger?

See? Its not that difficult, and those are just my take on the card, you will see and feel different because of your life's journey, your experiences and so on :)  No books needed and no wrong meanings, so don't worry :)  see what the cards mean to you...  All this takes is the time to really look at each card,  I bet that each one will soon tell you a story and talk..

What do you see in this card?

If you have any pictures of The Fool from other decks post them here so we can all see them and discuss them too.

The boy is on a journey and a good day for it because the sun is shinning and the sky is clear.  Will the boy take a leap of faith and keep walking or choose a safer path by stopping or turning around?  We need to ask is it a leap of faith by going forward or just the more dangerous road we call life? Something all of must do!  If we walk forward we may trip, stumble, and/or fall on our way. The cliff, by its nature, says we will do all of three and more.  We know The Fool is the beginning of our journey in life so we know we will make mistakes in life even though the boy is unaware of his danger through his new beginning life.  He looks at the sky and doesn’t see the danger and joy ahead!
  We wonder what is in the bag he carries on a stick (which has a name for it and I can't think of it).  Will it aid us in our journey or hinder us?  Is he caring food, water, books or does he take the chance that he can eat, drink or learn from some other source later on during his journey?
The white flower is innocence being left behind.  Its position is behind him.  It is at the further point away from the cliff that can be without dropping it.  There is a feeling that he doesn’t want to let it go by how he is holding it with only the tip of his finger and thumb.  The ideal is there is still that that small part of him that doesn’t want let go of his purity, his innocents, or his childhood even though he is really ready to move on.    
His dog walks faithfully with him without care, as dogs tend to do.  The dog excited and jumping at his heels ready to play and following him no matter where he goes.  I take notice that the dog is white and in the same position as the flower.  Per-chance a puppy from the boy’s childhood.  This puppy, a childhood friend now grown, will most likely be the first lesson in his journey (life).  Maybe the dog is not just in the same position of his flower (innocents) but under it and the first lesson and important part of life, which is death.  Hmm… just a thought I had all of a sudden.  
It will be interesting to see what everyone else thinks of the dog!
I was just about to post this so I was looking at my card again and it occurred to me that the mountain peaks are white and barren and closer they get to the edge and under it they turn a greenish color a color of life compare to the peaks of the mountain!  
:smt006
Common sense dictates there is no such thing as common sense.

George

The Santa Fe Tarot Deck The Fool "Rainboy"

Post by George » Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:41 pm

Here is a picture of the Santa Fe deck's The Fool (Rainboy) for those who like to see him.  :smt006

Gem

Post by Gem » Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:44 pm

These are brilliant answers, well done :)

What kind of emotions does the card bring to you?  Is it a good card to have in a reading?

George

Post by George » Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:30 pm

Gem wrote:These are brilliant answers, well done :)

What kind of emotions does the card bring to you?  Is it a good card to have in a reading?
I can't help but think it is a postive card because it means change.  Finding something new to learn and going out a giving it a try.  The results could be bad but overall trying something new is good.  

If The Fool came up in a reading i would assume the person is wanting to try something or is going to try something new and depend on surrounding cards might have to watch out for pittfalls, etc.  Also, in a reading might mean "go ahead and try something new you might  need or even want a change in your life.  Overall positive good card.  I would love to see the fool in a reading for myself.   :smt020

Gem

Post by Gem » Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:42 pm

Some more pics I found

Victorian Romantic Tarot

Fantastic Menagerie Tarot

Aleister Crowley Thoth Deck

Gilded Tarot

Interesting to compare?  Any comments?

chrisdee

Post by chrisdee » Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:51 pm

Victorian Romantic Tarot
A person wishing to take part in life not interested in what people think as long as he has fun life's a game of chance he knows he may fall but its worth the risk

Fantastic Menagerie Tarot
I feel bigger than life its self Ive got all that i need .a roamer

Aleister Crowley Thoth Deck
I'm naive full of fun ,i have a mind to explore life ill ignore my conscience to have fun

Gilded Tarot
I'm Young at heart ill travel the universe and more i can and will have fun ,i see no danger

To compare i find similar answers in each

Gem

Post by Gem » Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:23 pm

Thanks Chris, very interesting, the Fantastic Menagerie seems to have a strong character, not a naive 'fool'? But one who has purpose and drive and ambition, a sureness of where he is going or headed?

One very obvious thing is that each deck is so very strikingly different but each also the same?

George's Sante Fe seems at first glance to be really hard to interprete, but I think now it might be much easier knowing the background to the card?

What do you all think?

Gem

Post by Gem » Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:43 pm

I like this one from The Ancestral Path Tarot..... perhaps its me reading the cards and the card has a picturing of me reading the cards infinitum?

chrisdee

Post by chrisdee » Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:23 pm

George's Sante Fe i looked once i looked twice ill be honest i picked nothing up from the card i know its the fool but i would never have known

Gem

Re: The Santa Fe Tarot Deck The Fool "Rainboy"

Post by Gem » Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:36 pm

George wrote:Here is a picture of the Santa Fe deck's The Fool (Rainboy) for those who like to see him.  :smt006

I think the clue is in the two feet  on a small block perhaps signifying the height of the fool and the precipice?

But to be honest without the name on it, very difficult?

lavirgo

Post by lavirgo » Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:31 pm

words i got were  false bravery or optimism is needed to take a leap of faith.  the fool needs to take one more step and he is over the edge since he won't be on solid ground but have his foot in the air, he will surely drop, thedog is one step ahead,  is already on the edge.

will he or won't he take a look at the step he is about to take?  and does he even need to look?  because maybe he's not on the edge but just on stairs.  in this instance the fool may not know the stairs will support him but is being brave anyway.

the fool and dog are both focusing on something,  it's demanding their attention,  or have brieftly caught their eye.

Return to “Tarot Homework”