Part One - The Major Arcana - 1

Under this forum The Tarot Professor can and will be able to set the students assignments and homework. Which then must be submitted back here itself. This forum can be accessed only by MysticBoard.com Members.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

winniewoo

RW: The Magician

Post by winniewoo » Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:03 am

He stands with a wand in his right hand, (subconsciouse)pointing toward the heavens and his left hand (consciouse)pointing toward the earth. The tools of his trade are on the table, represented by the minor Arcana, Cup, Sword, Wand, and Pentacle. Infinity symbel above his head representing the continuum of life. Red rose of passion and white lilies of thought surround him. I think of many different things when I see the Magician. I guess it would depend on the supporting cards. Trickery or slight of hand could be one interpretation. Also our ability to create our own reality. Turning ideas into something tangable.  Creativity. The connection between our conscious and subconscious world.
What lies behind you and what lies before you matters not. However, what lies within you is of great importance.

pirbid

My Magician says...

Post by pirbid » Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:47 pm

Spiral                                         Robin Wood                                     Chinese

I'm doing my exercises on the RW deck, but here are some others. The first looks sort of dreamy and half feminine and the second I really like because he reminds me of a druid.

Mine says... "Come and learn how to link yourself with a never ending energy flow... Just relax, let it all in, then out again reflected in your projects and actions. The powers of air, earth, fire and water are at our disposal if we only find out how to tap into them... Then watch things grow around you and rejoice in your new found skills".
Sunshine from the islands of eternal spring ;)

glenellen

Post by glenellen » Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:09 pm

The Magician, he looks confident and a somewhat young and nieve he is holding himself up as high as he can so everyone will notice him and see his power he has many tools and in turn has many games to play and has still so much to learn he holds his wand but keeps the sword close to him  maybe he doesn't know where his magic will take him or what friends or enemies it will bring

windspirits

The Magician

Post by windspirits » Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:26 pm

The Magician to me will make you stop and ask yourself if what you are seeing, reading or believing is real.  He lets you know that he is a master at what he does, he uses the powers from the positive and the negative to get things achieved.  His expression will in itself make you want to take a step back and reaccess yourself.  He is an endless source of information and can lead you astray, but it is up to you to decide if he is doing this on purpose or is it because he wants you to be able to think for yourself?  His magic can be very powerful or it can be very dangerous, it is up to the individual to be able to pick out the difference.
Attachments
1-The Magician.jpg
1-The Magician.jpg (15.95 KiB) Viewed 3099 times
Feel the gentle winds of the windspirits

TravellingChristy

Post by TravellingChristy » Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:38 pm

The magician is an attention getter.  He is a very strong willed person.  He looks as though he is in heavy thought.
Christy

farafina

Post by farafina » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:06 pm

Someone who likes to experiment, try different things, learn new things.... someone who is always starting... (not always completing what he or she starts though?)

ambition and youth but sometimes a little bit scattered, and not always organized?

enthousiasm for sure. Talents ans skills, dynamism.... A little too agitated, doing many things at the same time.
Attachments
01bat.gif
01bat.gif (7.37 KiB) Viewed 3040 times

mary grace gabriel

THE MAGICIAN

Post by mary grace gabriel » Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:07 pm

I felt power and strenght...long term agreement or stable mind..emotional and mental stability. someone who is very willing to do something and can get it possible..something unusual happenings
your angel

appylover

Post by appylover » Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:51 am

I see a young man who knows all the tricks of the trade. He has all the skills to be what he wants to be,or maybe he uses these so others see him the way they perceive him to be. Illusion.

pirbid

New decks!

Post by pirbid » Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:39 pm

The first is Gwidyon, a name that means "scientist magician" and reminds me of druids. It's from the Llewellyn Tarot, as you can see by the beautiful dreamy colors and it is fairly standard, with the four suits laying on the stone altar and his wand in hand.

Marchetti's reminds me of Merlin and also shows us the four symbols for the suits (Marchetti's pentacles are just that, rather than coins). He seems to look at us with a hypnotizing look.

The Universal Magician has the 4 symbols engraved upon a strange square stone and seems to be playing with light. It is the one I like less, but it is quite dynamic.  :)
Sunshine from the islands of eternal spring ;)

beleever

Post by beleever » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:02 pm

I see the magician as some what arrogant and all knowing. I am thinking he but also seeing a womanly quality also, maybe a combination of both your male and female sides coming together. Someone who is knowledgeable but unwilling to share to just anyone. Somewhat controlling and likes to have things there own way.

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:15 pm

The Magician - Rider Waite
I believe and see him as a male figure - sorry ladies. But a close look reveals some boyish (if not effeminate) features about his face.
To me getting this card in a reading is very encouraging; it means the tools are all available to us to make things happen the way we want. However, which tools we use for what outcome? With a white robe I dont see the Magician as being sneaky or even  manipulative. He is there to guide us through but not to play mind games with us.
As it is in heave (hand point up) be it on earth (second hand pointing down). A balance between the spiritual and the earthly realms, as long as are living here on Earth.
More roses hanging above and before him signifying path of passion and devotion.

I dont get scared of the Magician; I know he will offer to give the querent what he/she needs for the way forward. The offer is there for the taking on the table and I bet he doesnt charge for it either. Just take it and make do for your highest good.

When one feels all is lost or all the roads are closed ahead of him/her, getting the Magician in a reading is a huge ray of hope, solutions and paths to choose from.

stillwalkn

The Magician

Post by stillwalkn » Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:59 pm

The Magician is the part of us that discovers we create our own reality. He/she draws from all aspects of life and brings pure energy into expression in the world. In this way, the magician is for me a young person full of energy to discover and create in life. The ability to manifest ideas, emotions, imagination. Self-mastery seems to be his goal, to become able to use his/her power.
Attachments
I_Magician.jpg
The Intuitive Tarot Magician card
I_Magician.jpg (15.64 KiB) Viewed 3052 times

xaxaa

Post by xaxaa » Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:54 pm

This card looks beautiful. A young man who seems to be very gifted, surrounded by a white light...(I think it might show his wisdom and the purity of his will), is showing with his right hand the heaven and with his left hand the earth! I feel like he wants to tell us that the goodness of the heaven is coming in the earth!I also feel this because he's in a beautiful garden,surrounded by flowers...just like in heaven  :)
He's got everything you need..and he seems willing to help....
The sign of infinity is also surrounded by the white light...and the snake is biting his own tail which means it can't harm you!
In my opinion there's nothing negative in this card! (Always commenting the RI deck!!!)

xaxaa

Post by xaxaa » Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:15 pm

Some more pictures of the magician  :)
Attachments
magos1.JPG
The old path,Art nouveau,Lord of the rings
magos1.JPG (143.84 KiB) Viewed 3043 times

stillwalkn

variety

Post by stillwalkn » Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:04 pm

I love seeing all the different cards. Thanks

Return to “Tarot Homework”