Part One - The Major Arcana - 1

Under this forum The Tarot Professor can and will be able to set the students assignments and homework. Which then must be submitted back here itself. This forum can be accessed only by MysticBoard.com Members.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

Chooky

Post by Chooky » Sat Jun 09, 2007 2:21 pm

weezerwall wrote::smt002  Hi, George.  Just wanted to say that your posts have really been helpful to me, too!!

Stay well!  Warmest,
Weezer
I just wanted to say, I most definately agree with this comment Weezerwall, I find George is very helpful, and hop on to the forum regularly to check if George has made a comment to any posts.  

Keep on doing what your doing George!!!

Chooky

anandutsav

Post by anandutsav » Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:32 pm

Unlike the FOOL, the MAGICIAN looks too focused to the extent of invoking a very uncomfortable feeling in me. He appears to be in control and the Master who is very sure about how to manipulate. The presence of all the four suits (which represent the FOUR ELEMENTS- Fire, Earth, Water and Air), may symbolise the authority that the MAGICIAN wields over the other cards in the Tarot. It appears to be one of the MOST powerful cards of the deck (I've yet to study all the others). The strength it conveys may signify that the person is the master of his own destiny, with all the elements at his disposal. He is the one who can harvest more of roses than thorny shrubs as the MAGICIAN stands surrounded. He and only he stands alone to connect the heavens and the earth.
anandutsav

Dcruddy

Magician

Post by Dcruddy » Sun Jul 08, 2007 3:22 pm

To me, the Magician is all about Willpower directed by INTENTION.  That's maybe where the "darker" side of this card is revealed.  The INTENT placed behind it.  I can see where a person would get this feeling regarding this card though.  ~Jennifer~

Magewyntyr

Post by Magewyntyr » Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:04 pm

The Magician is on a stage. Here to show off his skills? All 4 suits are represented. Holding an ankh, representing life. So we now have all of the elements including spirit. All of these things and infinity? These are the things that will outlast time?

The magician is looking at the stars. With a crystal ball next to him, perhaps he has mastered his present(self) and is now trying to master his future.

Mystical Princess

Post by Mystical Princess » Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:46 pm

The Magician - What I get from looking at and holding this card is "All will be revealed."

My card is different, ofcourse. My magician is seated and both arms are in front of him.
One hand is on a crystal ball, the other holding a wand. A playing card that looks like the 3 of
Hearts in laying on the table and an orange and black striped cat is also sitting on the table.

He wears a cone shaped hat which almost resembles a dunce cap which leads me to think that while
what the Magician says may be fascinating and spectacular, it may be just for show and he's not
necessarily intended to make any impact either way.

He seems to be like a host in a fancy restaurant..we have great things in store..would you like to go in?

Its seems he's only for show or impressing the curious but all will be revealed.

If this card were to come up in a spread, I would tend to think that something interesting is about to happen and there's more to meet the eye.

-MP

SandiLJ

the magician

Post by SandiLJ » Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:48 pm

I noticed that he looks young  he also knows that he still has alot to learn he must use wisdom with the tools laid out for him to use he also has the power to control the earthly forces weather it be for good or bad he must use wisdom & kindness is also upon his face so he is probably a good magician who has a good heart as well a gentel soul who loves his work & will take good care of what has been bestowed upon him & use it wisely!!. SandiLJ
SandiLJohnson

Cheyenne

The Magician

Post by Cheyenne » Sat Aug 25, 2007 4:45 pm

What I get from the magician is that he has access to the universal elements (fire/water/earth/air) yet he's not fully aware that he has the potential to pursue his goals.

It seems to me that the magician is someone who does magic tricks on the outside to wow people yet doesn't realize his own true potential. A manipulator, illusionist. I think this card is a signal that you have potentials, skills, creativity but you have to realize it and take actions in order to realize your goals.

What I'm trying to say is that I think the Magician is all about becoming aware of your potential and using it. The Magician does seem a lot powerful in the Manga Tarot than the one in Rider Waite...
Attachments
TheMagician.JPG
TheMagician.JPG (120.29 KiB) Viewed 2991 times

grmrsan

Post by grmrsan » Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:18 am

celtic dragon-
Normaly the magician is a man, but here she definatly not! She's sitting at a table practicing her magic with lots of dragons around her. Lots of dragon ghosties floating behind and around her. She has control of the magic, and she looks rather smug about it. I would have guessed this was the high priestess card if it didn;t say magician on the bottom! The elements are a little confusing to me here. I see the wand and cup.  But the sword and pentacles? maybe the candles base is pentacles because it looks like a gold or possibly clay base.  In this suit swords are fire instead of air, so maybe that dargon head thing is a fancy knife with magic fire? This card is pretty, but a bit confusing to me.

Forest folklore-
Now this card is cool! The magician is performing. He's wearing fancy clothes and obviously trying to impress with his finery and neat trick. The sybolims here is alot more obvious. He's floating all the suits, a die and a little red ball. I get the die, but the ball is a bit beyond me at the moment. The snake has it's own tail in it's mouth, so theres the infinity thing, (Although personally i think an animal stupid enough to eat itself doesn't have a long survival rate, let alone an infinite one LOL) People also think of snakes as dangerous or scary, so this can also represent the darker side of the magian, and magic in general. Maybe conecting to the erpent in  Eden.  This particular magician also looks a bit like Matthew Broderick, but I'm sure thats just a coincidence. I love that his eyes are so wide open, he looks amazed with what he's accomplishing. It could also be he's looking at things with "eyes wide open" and seeing them differantly.
Attachments
the magician.jpg
celtic dragon and forest folklore
the magician.jpg (50.69 KiB) Viewed 2988 times
Last edited by grmrsan on Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

grmrsan

Post by grmrsan » Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:11 am

Cheyanne, I'm definatly liking your Manga tarot, and I really like the Gilded one too! This could get to be a very EXPENSIVE hobby! LOL

littleone22

Post by littleone22 » Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:22 am

The Magician to me says that he has infinite knowledge about the four suits of the tarot.That is why there is a figure of eight infinity circle and a piece of every suit on the table!He appears to be holding a sceptre up into the air, perhaps showing people his power! He is surrounded by flowers but im not sure why! Maybe symbolising growth! love littleone22 :smt006

Delirium

Post by Delirium » Sun Sep 23, 2007 12:07 am

Here is my take on this guy.....He's full of .....charisma! no stick with me on this one, he's the guy you talk to at a party who eats up the whole night, suddenly you look at you watch and its gone midnight but you swore it was only 8pm 5 mins ago. He uses his talents to get what he wants and just does not think of the concequences.The yellow in the card shows his confidence and I agree with the as above so below but feel like he's telling us to chanel our energy not just hold on to it, use your personal power.
I just feel when he comes out in a reading as representing a person he'll always be the bad boy.Manipulating the situation to his own ends ( personal power used poorly)
He gives us the energy to get moving on the journy, He is showing us the things we all need on the road as we dont carry a pack ( or have dogs biting our legs i hope!)- the suit's symbolism, nature- the flowers bordering the card and balance.
Looking at the card I wonder if he matures to the Hermit as he has magician like qualities but that can wait till late to be discussed.

BLouise

Post by BLouise » Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:35 pm

The Magician seems to be giving me all the tools and resources I need to accomplish anything I desire.
“And the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.” – T.S. Elliot

Carla

Post by Carla » Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:37 pm

The Magician has all the tools necessary to accomplish what he wishes. He must just use them. He looks a little scary ... almost like the power has gone to his head somewhat.

arianna

Post by arianna » Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:57 am

I see the magician as a non threatning manipulator - He uses his skills as needed but never reveals everything (something left up his sleeve ready to be pulled out if needed) very charasmatic too

Arianna
I wish that your dreams stay big and worries stay small

Sabra

Post by Sabra » Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:24 am

The Magician stands before an altar (?) with representations of the 4 elements and I see the infinity symbol as being the 5th element.  I am currently using the Rider Waite deck which depicts a male, but I see it as either male or female, but holding a masculine energy.  Here I see a powerful amount of will either being directed - or that can be.

This card SOMETIMES tells me that all of the ingredients and skill are available to achieve success.  At other times it reminds me that I am responsible for things going wrong in my life because of subconsciously creating them with negative mental patterns.

Overall I like seeing this card come up in a reading.

Return to “Tarot Homework”