Part One- The Major Arcana - 2

Under this forum The Tarot Professor can and will be able to set the students assignments and homework. Which then must be submitted back here itself. This forum can be accessed only by MysticBoard.com Members.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

mary grace gabriel

THE HIGH PRIESTESS

Post by mary grace gabriel » Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:23 pm

Hope after loneliness and hard life. Emotional struggle that waiting to be release.Less concentration of what is happening around her because of this hard feelings she is experiencing at present. Questions in mind that looking for answers. Hoping to know the best things that she can do to overcome this negative feelings inside
your angel

appylover

Post by appylover » Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:03 am

A wise women. Someone you could go to for guidance. Maybe help you with a tough decision,if your indecisive just sitting on your hands she will help you along the way,show you the right path to take.

pirbid

New decks!

Post by pirbid » Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:53 pm

Llewellyn's Priestess is Ceridwen, goddess of the witches. She has the cauldron of inspiration and seems to be part of the landscape. In fact, she seems to stand for nature itself. I love all the flowing water in this card.

Marchetti's Guilded Priestess has already been posted here, but I like to compare her to the others. She is a very dreamlike figure, floating in air in profile, rather than the usual frontal hieratic position. Her water world is unveiled and the moon symbol very prominent, reminding me of the Moon card, the subconscious. This one is probably my favorite.

The Universal Priestess is very outlandish, floating over an alien landscape on her throne. There are a couple of masks at the front that have me quite perplexed. Once again, this is the one I find it harder to relate to.
Sunshine from the islands of eternal spring ;)

beleever

Post by beleever » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:09 pm

Removing her cover, letting people see the real you, awakening. Could be that she is hiding her self behind the cloth but it seems as though she is removing it. Not too sure what the moon could mean........Any insights? Get the impression that maybe she has been through a stage where she has been hurt and has put a shield up the protect herself.

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:29 pm

RW The High Priestess:
Dark hair: a mind full of secrets.
White Cloak: purity.
Blue Cloack: peacefulness.
Veil is made up of palms (suffering) and pomegranates(abundance).
Yes, she is holy, she is inactive, she has got knowledge which we sometimes dont, as she holds mysetries and secrets which will be revealed to us in due course. She sits between the good and the bad, right and wrong and acts as a divine mediator.
She looks very skinny to me in the RW deck, but her food comes from the divine.
I get an eerie feeling about when I get the High Priestess in my readings, but gradually am warming to her, as so far she has not told a bad tale. Her secrets have usually turned out to be good - given the patience to wait and see.
She is a holy mother in a nutshell that governs our intuition and psychic world.

stillwalkn

The High Priestess

Post by stillwalkn » Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:16 pm

She knows both sides of all dualities. She wields great power to bring opposing energies into alliance. She is a keeper of feminine powers and creative energy. When I see this card, I think there are secrets, mysteries that have not been revealed as yet, but that may be revealed soon in a person's life. There is a call to go within and discover what is driving you in life. Ask what inspires you, motivates you. What direction are you headed in? What secrets do you keep? This is my intuitive response to the card, but I have to admit it inspires awe in me, something to make you become quiet and listen closely for a message.
Attachments
II_priestess.jpg
The Intuitive Tarot: The High Priestess
II_priestess.jpg (16.06 KiB) Viewed 7846 times

xaxaa

Post by xaxaa » Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:15 pm

In this picture I see a woman with a solemn expression on her face! She seems to have knowledge  of the secret laws and she shows there is good and evil in this world...
Behind her a garden which in not all colored but there is some black too. Perhaps she is there to show you what's good and what's not and help you choose your own way!

xaxaa

Post by xaxaa » Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:29 pm

Some more pictures  :)
Attachments
Major02.JPG
Major02.JPG (62.54 KiB) Viewed 7834 times

Renata1

The Highest Priestess

Post by Renata1 » Thu May 08, 2008 2:22 am

When I see this card I see the opposite of the power male principle, the openness, the life.
The person cares, the person is open, the person is sensible. The time (present and future) is under he/his control because he/she has the capability to deal with…everything!

Hugs,
Renata

Henhenetti

Post by Henhenetti » Thu May 22, 2008 9:06 pm

2 - The High Priestess ~ Religion, A Mediator, Graceful, Bounty

The High Priestess sits between the columns/pillars of The Temple of Solomon (1 Kings 7:21; 2 Kings 11:14; 23:3). Boaz ("fleetness, strength") stood on the left, and Jachin ("founding"), also spelled Jakin (יָכִין, Standard Hebrew Yaḫin, Tiberian Hebrew Yāḵîn) stood on the right.  Nets of checker work covered the bowl of each capital, decorated with rows of two hundred pomegranates, wreathed with seven chains for each capital, and topped with lilies (1 Kings 7:13-22, 41-42).  The reference to pomegranates also shows up on The High Priestess card.  The High Priestess is sitting between these highly symbolic and defined pillars which traditionally, only males could pass between.

Also notice the rolled up scroll showing the first four letters of the word Torah, with enough room left for the "h" to be hidden by the robes of The High Priestess. The Tora/Torah is the LAW of Moses.

I found so much in this card, but I would like to quote another who puts everything together more eloquently~

Quoted from Manly P. Hall's "Secret Teachings of all Ages" p.307-8
"The right Tablet of the law (Moses' Decalogue) further signifies Jachin-the white pillar of light; the left Tablet, Boaz-the shadowy pillar of darkness. These were the names of the two pillars cast from brass set up on the porch of King Solomon's Temple...On top of each pillar was a large bowl-now erroneously called a ball or globe-one of the bowls probably containing fire and the other water. The celestial globe (originally the bowl of fire), surmounting the right-hand column (Jachin), symbolized the divine man; the terrestrial globe (the bowl of water), surmounting the left-hand column (Boaz), signified the earthly man. These two pillars respectively connote also the active and the passive expressions of Divine Energy, the Sun and the Moon, sulphur and salt, good and bad, light and darkness. Between them is the Sanctuary they are a reminder that Jehovah is both an androgynous and an anthropomorphic deity. As two parallel columns they denote the zodiacal signs of Cancer and Capricorn, which were formerly placed in the chamber of initiation to represent birth and death-the extremes of physical life. They accordingly signify the summer and winter solstices, now known to Freemasons under the comparatively modern appellation of the "two St. Johns...In the mysterious Sephirothic Tree of the Jews, these two pillars symbolize Mercy (Jachin) and Serverity (Boaz). Standing before the gate of King Solomon's Temple, these columns had the same symbolic import as the obelisks before the sanctuaries of Egypt. When interpreted Qabbalistically, the names of the two pillars mean 'In strength shall My House be established.'"

Ok, that covers the Jewish imagery. There is a Christian reference as well; The cross over the breast of The High Priestess. Is she Christianity in the middle of all else?  The Bride of the Church as referred to in the Christian Bible?  Another religion is being hinted at as well; Islam~ the Crescent Moon at her feet, however, missing the star, which that too could hold meaning.  A lot can be inferred from this card and it could probably keep a thread of it's own going for months.

How I would take this card is basically the feminine power can overcome. The High Priestess is clearly dominating the position normally held by men.  She is soft, as indicated by the flow of her robes.  She is secretive as indicated by the scroll that remains rolled up and close to her.  I would look for characteristics normally afforded to women~ intuition, nurturing, encouragement, loving, forgiving, strong yet bending, secretive (mystery), and from her holding the middle position of 3 (normally hostile towards each other) religions, I see her as one to mediate, to bring everything together. The center. The center of it all.

I think The High Priestess is the most powerful card in the whole of Tarot.

vinnilaa

Post by vinnilaa » Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:05 am

i think High Priestess symbolises our sub concsious mind and the ability to differentiate good and bad... intuitive mind... psychic power... i always feel good whenver i see this card... i felt some warmness in my heart... wonder why???

Gem

Post by Gem » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:46 pm

WHy do you think? Do you empathise with the High Priestess I wonder?

FragelsGal

Post by FragelsGal » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:53 am

When I see this card I get a good feeling off it.  Seems like shes the queen of her castle, the boss of the household.  Strick with the list of rules she holds under her arm, and something mystic about her with the moon at her feet.

I was wondering what the b+J meant so thanx for explaining them!  Did not notice the dark and light pillars either.  maybe they could mean moving from a dark period to a lighter one in ones life??

Clare

the high priestess

Post by Clare » Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:07 am

i find this card very regal and serene, someone who is in control

deelitefullyme

2 High Priestess

Post by deelitefullyme » Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:46 pm

I see her wisdom being behind a sheet inbetween a black and white column.  Too me, it means the truth is neither black nor white but somewhere inbetween.  

She knows the way, but will she show you?

Return to “Tarot Homework”