Part One- The Major Arcana - 2

Under this forum The Tarot Professor can and will be able to set the students assignments and homework. Which then must be submitted back here itself. This forum can be accessed only by MysticBoard.com Members.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

Gem

Part One- The Major Arcana - 2

Post by Gem » Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:28 pm

A very striking picture here, totally different to The Magician? Sitting and peaceful in the moonlight as opposed to the moving sunlit and energetic Magician? The pillars (B stands for Boaz, signifying negation, J stands for Jachin, meaning beginning), dark and light, lots of symbols too....

Druidcraft Tarot
Last edited by Gem on Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:42 pm, edited 4 times in total.

ellis

Secrets and Mystery

Post by ellis » Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:16 pm

The High Priestess is a shodowy figure to me. She has great knowledge and skills but is always hiding something behind the curtain. She is not always willing to share her knowledge. She lingers between dark and light, good and evil having knowledge of both and able to wield either. For me she is indicative of secrets and lies and things going on behind the scenes that are hidden form the enquirer. She is not evil but must dwell there for a period of time. Although I use the word secret there is not neccessarily anything dodgy about that, I explain to people that this is just something that they are currently unaware of.

The moon almost always represents intuition and being drawn on by a hunch and the water suggests some sort of emotional attatchment. Yet in the Gilded tarot she is very elegant and obviouslt beautiful but is this how she entices victims or commands adoration?
Attachments
Priestess.jpg
Priestess.jpg (17.69 KiB) Viewed 19775 times
I believe that one can have a personal, spiritual relationship with God without practicing religion

Gem

Post by Gem » Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:22 pm

I think I might add a carefree confidence, is she walking on water there too?

starryskies

Post by starryskies » Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:10 pm

Either secrets, lies, something psychic and secret because of that reason or something feminine and mysterious.

Usually a secret.

chrisdee

Post by chrisdee » Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:50 pm

The High Priestess
Ruled by the moon so governs memory imagination psychic forces and spiritual wisdom -overcome self doubt by listening to your own feelings and intuition the secrets she shield's can be found in meditation

The High Priestess
An older woman strong in her beliefs and convictions (because of the way shes dressed) she sits between the positive and negative(seeing everything as black and white) but stays neutral she holds a scroll the symbol of life and all its mysteries this rolled up makes me think of the secrets she holds the moon makes me think the secrets are accessible

Druidcraft Tarot
The High priestess here an older woman also stands between to forces(the rocks) she looks like she is asking(meditating)the moon to tell her the secrets that are stored in the universal memory ( the book that lay on the table)
Attachments
hi.jpg
The High Priestess
Celestial Tarot
hi.jpg (40.56 KiB) Viewed 19728 times
Last edited by chrisdee on Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gem

Post by Gem » Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:16 pm

Baroque Cat Tarot,

lavirgo

Post by lavirgo » Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:49 am

ive always liked the mythic tarots High priestess picture,  (sorry don't have pics on pc yet)    the lady has left outside because behind her is the door and she's walking down steps, to me its kind of like the hermit, where reflection is needed, because there are things unknown.  

secrets, withheld information, or timing not right at the moment to receive certain information.  Poss a time of turning away from everyday life to seek answers.

the rider waite card is difficult for me cause i just can't relate to the pic, but i get queen in my mind and power, she holds the power and is discerning on how she releases it.  the power is certain knowledge.

Gem

Post by Gem » Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:38 pm

Don't worry lavirgo, I think some of the RW pics are very hard, thats why fun discussions like this can open our eyes to the underneath stories and hopefully help our understanding.  Somehow that cat pic reminds me of Queen Victoria?

George

Post by George » Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:57 pm

Gem wrote:Don't worry lavirgo, I think some of the RW pics are very hard, thats why fun discussions like this can open our eyes to the underneath stories and hopefully help our understanding.  Somehow that cat pic reminds me of Queen Victoria?

"We are not amused!"  :smt044

lavirgo

Post by lavirgo » Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:21 pm

haha i can see the similarities to Qn Vic, but not sure what it is, the pose, or the puffy dress lol.  imagine the secrets she held.

Gem

Post by Gem » Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:32 pm

heehee Yep!  Its the cat thing I think.. they can be so so err cat like lol

*Star*

Re: 2 - The High Priestess

Post by *Star* » Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:15 pm

Gem wrote:Image

[

as the name suggests..Spiritual, Peace, wisdom and maybe mystical.

George

Re: 2 - The High Priestess

Post by George » Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:43 pm

Gem wrote:Image

A very striking picture here, totally different to The Magician? Sitting and peaceful in the moonlight as opposed to the moving sunlit and energetic Magician? The pillars (B stands for Boaz, signifying negation, J stands for Jachin, meaning beginning), dark and light, lots of symbols too....
(3/20/07)
my books shows the pillars to be known as "The black pillar is 'Boaz', the nagative life principle." and "The white pillar one is 'Jakin', the positive life principle. These are the name of pillars in fornt of Solomon's temple.

Without using the book my first thought was a reglious woman sitting in between the white and black; light and dark; good and evil.  
The cross on her chest perhaps is the new religion, the Torah on her lab which was her mother and the cresent moon at her feets represents islam. i just wish i was smart enough to connect the three with the symbols of the card.  

Is this The Fool's first introduction to religion on his journey?  what one will he choose?  Will he learn what is right and wrong?  
The Fool started off meeting the Magician who offered earthly things now the High Priestess who offers spiritual things.
Common sense dictates there is no such thing as common sense.

George

Post by George » Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:49 pm

lavirgo wrote:haha i can see the similarities to Qn Vic, but not sure what it is, the pose, or the puffy dress lol.  imagine the secrets she held.
if you watch the new Doctor Who those dark secerts would be that she is a warewolf!  :smt005   :smt119
Common sense dictates there is no such thing as common sense.

MissEm

Post by MissEm » Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:37 am

Ahhh...the secrets within.

Inside the temple things are not as they seem.  Outside, all is clear and it is how it is.  Within, there is a balance between light and dark.  A pomegranite held up in the right hand represents something colourful and pretty with the promise of juicy fruit inside.  Bite into it and its another story.  Not so sweet and not really that juicy.   Even in the light, the flowers seem cold and lifeless when you think they should be sweet smelling and bright and cheery.  They're almost empty looking.
Attachments
The High Priestess.JPG
The High Priestess.JPG (17.03 KiB) Viewed 12765 times
O    O
   oo
**___**

Return to “Tarot Homework”