Part One- The Major Arcana - 2

Under this forum The Tarot Professor can and will be able to set the students assignments and homework. Which then must be submitted back here itself. This forum can be accessed only by MysticBoard.com Members.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

Gem

Post by Gem » Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:51 am

Thats a beautiful card... what about the window with the colourful view?

MissEm

Post by MissEm » Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:09 am

The window with the colourful view is an indication that in the clear light of day, everything is how it is.  There is no darkness to hide behind, there is only clear open daylight.  No secrets can be kept in the light.  Everything is green and pretty and alive looking.

Almost begs the question of why would you want to come into the darkness at all if you didn't have to?  I tend to think we all have secrets at some time or other and we all like to hide away sometimes.  Not shut away from the outside world altogether because we need the light, but just so we can escape and know that not everything is rosy.  There is good and bad in this world and we cant always be good.  or can we?
O    O
   oo
**___**

suzisco

Post by suzisco » Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:22 pm

Well I see the High Preistess as some one who knows the truth but makes others look for the information themselves, she says yes i do know but you will not learn by me telling.  Being ruled by the moon always tells me that altho she is neutral she is capable of concealing the truth when it suits her.  I always feel this is a card of caution, it warns there is more to a situation than at first glance and to learn your way through you must look at the symbols!
Enjoy when you can and endure when you must.
Everydays Predictions - Symbols - Picture Reading - Spirituality    Please support Mystic Board Donate Here

luv2pur

question high priestess

Post by luv2pur » Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:37 pm

what is the scroll she is holding it says tob_ something..to be determined perhaps?

luv2pur

The High Priestess

Post by luv2pur » Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:50 pm

She looks like she is worried, something is not sitting right with her but she is working things out and it will come to her while meditating or it will come to her in her dreams. she must have faith which I think is why she bears her cross, faith in herself.  Once she makes the decision she will grow and flourish whether it is the right choice or not because everything happens for a reason and there are no wrong answers just lessons to learn.

George

Re: question high priestess

Post by George » Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:40 pm

luv2pur wrote:what is the scroll she is holding it says tob_ something..to be determined perhaps?
"The scroll on her lab is the Torah, meaning the Greater or Secret Law"  this is what my book says it is.  They say it means "hidden knowledge, veiled mysteries, subconscious power..." etc.

i've been reading your posts and it seems that you are really getting into with positive results! keep up the good work!

luv2pur

Thank you

Post by luv2pur » Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:34 am

I appreciate your encouraging words and look forward to learning more  :)  :)

spike

Post by spike » Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:06 pm

What strikes me about this card is the absence of nature. Except for her throne, she seems surrounded by concrete, a sharp contrast to the bright sky we see with the magician and the fool.  I get a feeling she is indoors, kept inside.  The crescent moon (both lightness and dark) for me represents the unknown.  I see her as the keeper of secrets (holding the tora next to her rather than open for everyone to read)

netthef1

high priestess

Post by netthef1 » Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:37 pm

I think that the card sort of says that help will come if you need it, and things are going to turn out quite differntly then you anticipate maybe you could wxpect a surprise or two.

This leaves room for a question i heard that all the cards have a double meaning is this true. You cant only get good thoughts from a card it all depends how thay fall and the question asked.
netthef1

Gem

Post by Gem » Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:27 am

I think that the cards all have lots of different messages and meanings. The one that springs to mind or that we choose is the one that is relevant in that situation. The meanings also vary depending on the cards nearby and also the position, for instance the High Priestess in the past may be an overpowering female influence, in the present it might mean a wise friend or helper, and in the future it may be the querent having grown in knowledge.

Don't worry the meanings will come and you are all doing great :)

Gem

Re: high priestess

Post by Gem » Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:35 am

Nethef1 you do need to sign up for the Tarot class here though please and let us know which deck you are using too http://mysticboard.org/vi ... 4&start=55 and then work through the classes in the right order, that way you will understand the meanings much better and see where we are all coming from :)

The first part is the Major Arcana and it is important to study them first please :)

If you are lost or don't understand then just let me know. Thanks.

There is a full list of lessons here http://mysticboard.org/vi ... hp?t=25681

mysticcrystal

Post by mysticcrystal » Sun May 06, 2007 5:28 pm

II High Priestess: She balances the dark feminine yin with the light masculine yang. Not only is she emotinal and intuitive, but she is strong and sharp. She sits in the moonlite dressed in white and blue for the purity of her intuitive studies. She is a master at psychic phenomenon and uses it well to her benefit. She is relaxed because she knows she can get things done easily through the spiritual realm, where she is helped by her guides.

MysticCrystal

teresassmad

Post by teresassmad » Thu May 17, 2007 3:16 am

In the first card, my first impression was she was surrounded by peacock feathers. But my gut reaction is that there are eyes there. and aren't eyes supposed to be windows into the soul?

Gem

Post by Gem » Thu May 17, 2007 10:17 am

The eyes on peacock feathers are protective amulets, that keep watch over the soul. So yes :)

George

Post by George » Thu May 17, 2007 8:51 pm

teresassmad wrote:In the first card, my first impression was she was surrounded by peacock feathers. But my gut reaction is that there are eyes there. and aren't eyes supposed to be windows into the soul?
wow, i never notice that! good eye there teresassman!  

The eyes on peacock feathers are protective amulets, that keep watch over the soul.
well well you learn something new every day!   :smt006 [/quote]
Common sense dictates there is no such thing as common sense.

Return to “Tarot Homework”