Part One- The Major Arcana - 2

Under this forum The Tarot Professor can and will be able to set the students assignments and homework. Which then must be submitted back here itself. This forum can be accessed only by MysticBoard.com Members.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

SandiLJ

sandilj

Post by SandiLJ » Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:22 am

the H.P. she is a wise woman who is very confident in her abilitys to control her power no matter what the situtation may bring she knows that true wisdom is a gift she must from her heart even though she does look like she a quite lady & will not always let you know what she is thinking or planing.
SandiLJohnson

Cheyenne

The High Priestess

Post by Cheyenne » Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:09 pm

The High Priestess to me seems like a mystery, a passive person. She seems like she has deep secrets and hides alot behind the cool surface. It looks like she's seeking guidance or truth from either within herself or from underneath a person or the unknown. It looks like she might be someone that might have psychic abilities.  

I think that unlike the Magician (I think the Magician has to do with realizing potentials and taking actions) she's giving a sign to delve in deeper. To really see what is really going on underneath the surface. I think if this card pops up in a reading it may be that you should try to be passive in a situation and wait for things to unfold. Just waiting and allowing. Trusting your own intuition.

It looks as if the High Priestess is somehow balancing the Magician. The black and white pillars might be a symbol: as inside, so outside. The Magician (in Rider Waite) raising one arm in the sky and one arm down: as above, so below.
Attachments
TheHighPriestess.JPG
TheHighPriestess.JPG (117.5 KiB) Viewed 5281 times

grmrsan

Post by grmrsan » Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:43 am

Celtic dragon-
The high priestess is very powerful. Where the magiacian was young and possibly more naive, this woman has seen and done a lot. She is obviously the master or her art, The two dragons one dark and one light would be chaos and knowledge. She holds a glowing crystal ball, and staff. The crystal ball would be spiritual knowledge, and the staff i more earthy so probaly represents earthly knowledge. Also  staffs are connected with wise old men and woman, so it could be jhust wisdom in general. Just lots of it, and being used because they're glowing so brightly. This would be a very dangerous person to cross. This card is very big and dramatic where the last one was just little magic.

Forest folklore-
This high priestess has a creepy expession on her face. She looks like she's about to start cackling insanely. But that may just be bad photography. LOL  This one is also very much opposite from it's predessesor the magician. Where he was all action and excitement, the priestess is just sitting and looking at her crystal. Her char is a bench set into the rock, with the pillars on either side. Unlike alot of the HP's, these pillars are almost alike. Although one is smoother and one has more cracks. You can also see the stars behind her, but not the moon. But her crystal ball, is very moon like, maybe she;s holding the moon (and everything it represents) in her own two hands. She also has a black cat staring at us. It definaylt adds to the whole "witchy" feel of this card.Cats tend to represent physcic knowledge, and magic, so maybe he's assesing your thoughts and knowledge. Or maybe he's just curious, he is a cat after all, and with them you never can tell.
Attachments
high priestess.jpg
high priestess.jpg (49.48 KiB) Viewed 5279 times

littleone22

Post by littleone22 » Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:32 am

The high Priestess is a wise woman with a story to tell but maybe she is not letting you in on the full facts! The priestess is always holding something back from her story in the hope you will find out the truth for yourself! She sees life as very black and white  and the veil behind her is covering up what she wants you to find out for yourself! I find this card very relaxing to look at, i think its the colour turquoise! She also has the moon at her feet suggesting the night is her domain! love littleone22 :smt006

Delirium

Post by Delirium » Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:34 pm

She's the kind Aunt that wont give you advice but lets you talk to her untill you get your own answers, She's the card that pops up when you need to look at things more deeply and use your intuition.She always seems to have a little smile to herself saying "come on I know you can do it yourself" H.P. asks me to learn how to get past the vaile not ask her whats behind it.

Another way of looking at this card is rely on the female part of the brain look deeper into your intuition, the scrol on her knee says tora - hidden knowledge.

BLouise

Post by BLouise » Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:38 pm

She wears a mask suggesting mystery.  Her head dress sparkles suggesting higher knowledge and she floats, in front of two towers topped w/ orbs of light that make me think of untapped energy, and above water of unknown depths representing the depths and mystery of the unconscious.
“And the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.” – T.S. Elliot

arianna

Post by arianna » Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:01 am

I find the high priestess to be very secretive but also very inviting  although distant she shows a warm smile. A true knowing surrounds her also very confident - know what she wants and how to get it

my impressions
Arianna
I wish that your dreams stay big and worries stay small

Sabra

Post by Sabra » Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:15 am

I see the High Priestess as the flip side of the Magician as in active/passive, positive/negative, conscious/unconscious, yin/yang, mercy/severity.  While being completely different, they make up two parts of a whole.  

Her only secrets are those which we are not yet ready for.  She holds the keys to our dreams, psychic abilities, etc.   When the HPs and the Magician are in sync, the possibilities are endless.  The High Priestess is where discovering our true will and sense of direction can be found.

I like this card, but there is an uneasiness that I don't feel with the Magician.

-----
Just as I was going to hit the submit button, another thought occurred.  I've always thought of her as being strictly feminine, passive, and dark - But in the Rider Waite deck, she sits directly between the pillars.  Does she rule over both sides?

winniewoo

RW: The High Priestess

Post by winniewoo » Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:13 am

The pillars of Boas and Joachin with pomegranates and palms on her silkscreen. She has the Torah of Divine Law, representing truth, half-hidden . The crescent moon at her feet and the full and crescent moons on her crown representing your own intuitive ability. Your third eye so to speak. The High Priestess is all about intuition and developing your own psychic intuition. She is the part of you that already knows the answers to your questions. Learning to develop and trust your intuitions. Listening to your own inner voice.
What lies behind you and what lies before you matters not. However, what lies within you is of great importance.

pirbid

My High Priestess says...

Post by pirbid » Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:03 pm

..."No, I will not move nor say a word. If you are seeking answers, just look into my eyes. But remember they will only mirror what is already inside you".

Medieval Scapini                                   Robin Wood                                            Ancestral Path

The first looks rich and is called a bit different: the Popess. The second is the most cheerful I've seen by far. The third, more traditional but beautiful.  :)

glenellen

Post by glenellen » Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:24 pm

The High Priestess, she is quiet weary and intelligent with secrets, she says to me dont open the proverbial can of worms, don't fix something if it is not broke because you don't know how it will affect your life honesty is not always the best policy

George

Post by George » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:59 pm

glenellen wrote:The High Priestess, she is quiet weary and intelligent with secrets, she says to me dont open the proverbial can of worms, don't fix something if it is not broke because you don't know how it will affect your life honesty is not always the best policy
honest is not the best policy, now thats an interesting take on a card i would consider hidden meanings to god, the universe etc.    i wondering if you are use the RW deck or another one?   btw, don't take this an attack just a friendly discussion to learn from you and all my other class mates!  :smt006
Common sense dictates there is no such thing as common sense.

glenellen

Post by glenellen » Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:36 pm

an attack definitely not, I'm intrigued that your curious with my explanation, and yes I'm using the WR deck, but do you know a lot of evil hide behind spirituality and the faith of mankind this card gives me the creeps and sweetie i obviously see different to you, after reading your comment i studied the card again just in case but its what i see, I'm not saying she is evil but i wouldn't find solace in her, so look forward to your comment

windspirits

2-High Priestess

Post by windspirits » Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:37 pm

The High Priestess is one who will certainly guide you with pleasure when asked.  She shows you light and the dark paths and lets you know there are obstacles or barriers which ever you choose.  In this card she shows you that the winds will shift from the light to the dark, but you will be able to rise and draw the energies needed to make the right decisions for you.  Sometimes the world may seem upside down, but depending upon the choices you make you will be able to overcome.  Her eyes are closed so that she will not have any influence over the path you decide to take.  The choice is yours.
Attachments
2-The High Priestess.jpg
2-The High Priestess.jpg (14.91 KiB) Viewed 5294 times
Feel the gentle winds of the windspirits

TravellingChristy

Post by TravellingChristy » Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:44 pm

The high priestess is a highly spiritual woman.  With so many decisions, she is often undecided.  I see her as a role model.  She is a woman who doesnt always know what she wants, but she is very confident.
Christy

Return to “Tarot Homework”