Part One - The Major Arcana - 3 & 4

Under this forum The Tarot Professor can and will be able to set the students assignments and homework. Which then must be submitted back here itself. This forum can be accessed only by MysticBoard.com Members.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

Gem

Part One - The Major Arcana - 3 & 4

Post by Gem » Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:35 pm

3 - The Empress                                     4 - The Emperor
    Female                                                   Male
Image                               Image

I decided to try these two cards together to see if this created an easier way to see the differences and the likenesses.
Last edited by Gem on Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

starryskies

Post by starryskies » Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:12 pm

With the empress I am reminded of femininity and maternalism (is that a word?) A pregnant woman, a woman celebrating her femininity, someone coming out on top, someone happy and in the family way.

The emperor - a good man, a father, someone in charge and knowing his own mind.

lavirgo

Post by lavirgo » Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:10 am

the empress....abundance, peace, at one with self and others.   i usually think of a virgo woman because of all the wheat hehe,  a pregnancy or birth of sumthing.  

the emperor....fatherly figure/rolemodel.  strong,   responsibilities, could be too strong of a personality but generally i see him as being fair.

chrisdee

The Empress-The emperor

Post by chrisdee » Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:04 pm

The Empress
A confident emotional mother figure or wife that donates fertility and creativity a very loving person

The Emperor
This is a father figure or a male in authority hes logical confident and assertive The Emperor as is arm out stretched he is asking you to be more like the Empress

comparison emotions would get in the way with the Empress where the Emperor may be a bit harsh-opposites
Attachments
E.jpg
The Empress-The emperor
E.jpg (84.59 KiB) Viewed 12242 times

Gem

Post by Gem » Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:54 am

Yay Chris lovely pics :) And there is a baby cherub with The Empress that gives us a clue to the fertility side? Some cards show The Empress as Pregnant? Others seem to have secret pregnancies?

ellis

Been away

Post by ellis » Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:38 pm

Sorry guys, I havent got involved before now but I have been travelling the country. Anyway.

The Empress, what a beautiful person. Loving, caring, extremely feminine. A message of fertility and/or pregnancy. This can be someones desire to conceive or a message to say that they are an excellent mother. The warmth eminates from this card, it is the embodiment of what it is to be a woman and the ultimate expression of femininity in the form of a pregnancy. Pregnant in most decks except the Gilded.

The Emperor is a powerful man. Strong upright he oozes strength and charisma. This man is in total control of all the zodiacs. For me he represents the desire to create, to build, to stand on ones own two feet and shout to the world 'look at me ma, on top of the world'. He often represents builders and people who work with their hands.
Attachments
3.jpg
3.jpg (20.71 KiB) Viewed 6902 times
4.jpg
4.jpg (19.02 KiB) Viewed 6902 times
I believe that one can have a personal, spiritual relationship with God without practicing religion

Gem

Post by Gem » Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:44 pm

Beautiful cards Ellis thanks :)

*Star*

Re: 3 & 4 The Empress and The Emperor

Post by *Star* » Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:26 pm

Gem wrote:3 - The Empress                                     4 - The Emperor

I decided to try these two cards together to see if this created an easier way to see the differences and the likenesses.

the emperor and the empress-the obvious difference-male and female.
other than that.. probably, the manifestations of male and female energies.

they both represent authority and power to me, just expressed differently.

George

Re: 3 & 4 The Empress and The Emperor

Post by George » Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:10 pm

Gem wrote:3 - The Empress                                     4 - The Emperor

(3/22/07)
The Empress is becoming to be known to me as "Mother Earth" and human sexuality.  She sits on a throne made of soft pillows and cloths surround reigning of the nature around here.  she is fruitful and gives all that she can for those that sow the right seeds.  ye shall reap what ye sow ideal with this card.  she is growth.
The Fool on his journey meet the Magican then the High Priestess now he most meet The Empress and what she has to offer.  This is no longer conscience choose but something deep within him from his education thus far.  I know the earth and I know what the earth has offered; i know
religion and right from wrong; now i see Mother offering me something within me and what i can produce with my own hands.  

(3/24/07)
The Emperior a card that i yet to really study and haven't really come up in readings. If these two come up as a pair in our lessons can i only guess that they rule together!   He sits on a rigid tall throne not among green field but amongs jagged rocks and stone.  He wears armor under a red robes.  the background is dark and not as bright as The Empress.  the Ankh that he holds represents life.  in the other hand holds a globe (most likly the world) as with the Empress holding the world also. i would almost imgaine that he may be the opposite and of growth but of stagnation.  if you throw seeds on soil they may grow if you throw them on stone they will dry and die in the sun.

i'm going to think about this one some more and read all the other post for this lesson!  :smt012
Common sense dictates there is no such thing as common sense.

MissEm

Post by MissEm » Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:06 am

The Empress - Very womanly and full of health.  Everything seems in abundance and flourishing.  She is the picture of health with carrying an unborn child, full flowing hair, the river inthe background symbolizing fertility and life, the wehat, and lot sof green fields.  How pretty and calm everything is.

The Emperor - how strong and protective he looks.  The god above all gods.  With an eagle sitting on his shoulder ready to take flight on command and symbolizing wisdom, lightning bolts in his right hand ready to throw at someone should the need arise. lol  They're said to symbolize sudden insight or inspiration.  I think they'e also a reference to creative vision.  He is the epitomy of power and strength with what seems like he's holding the world in his hand.  You can see one knee is slightly raised so its like he's at the ready to get up and go if he has to.  Maybe  to protect his darling wife and unborn child - his innocents.

Couldn't find a pic of the Emporer sorry
Attachments
The Empress.JPG
The Empress.JPG (24.82 KiB) Viewed 6878 times
O    O
   oo
**___**

suzisco

Post by suzisco » Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:31 pm

the empress to me is the card of abundance, its about fertility, fruition, motherly wants and needs.  she can also be about sexuality and power.

the emperor is a wise just man, who is considerate and thoughtful.  He represents strength/power through intelligence and law.
Enjoy when you can and endure when you must.
Everydays Predictions - Symbols - Picture Reading - Spirituality    Please support Mystic Board Donate Here

luv2pur

3. The Empress 4. The Emperor

Post by luv2pur » Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:03 pm

The Empress - She looks like she is about 6 months pregnant, which represents fertility, birth, or perhaps to start something new for the first time.  She is supported by a comfy chair and pillows so she is cared for which represents nurturing or comfort.  She is outside where it is beautiful and she is beautiful, to me this represents feminity, and growth. In my opinion anyway.

The Emperor - He is the father of the empress's child, he is the probably the one who put the pillows behind her back, he is also outside but near the mountains and his throne reflects that mabey he is a shepard or something like that...So I think this card represents, responsibility, dicipline and details, provider, protector, masculinity.

spike

Post by spike » Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:08 pm

I've never studied them side by side before, I found it interesting.  The symbol at the top of his staff is repeated on one of her pillows, and the red fabric in his lap shows up again beneath her, almost as if she were sitting in his lap.  These two people, both sitting on thrones, both wearing crowns and each holding sceptres.  For me they both represent fertility, there is a sphere in each of the cards,
The obvious difference is the background, where hers seems lush, his seems rugged and baren

Gem

Post by Gem » Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:49 am

spike wrote:I've never studied them side by side before, I found it interesting.  The symbol at the top of his staff is repeated on one of her pillows, and the red fabric in his lap shows up again beneath her, almost as if she were sitting in his lap.  These two people, both sitting on thrones, both wearing crowns and each holding sceptres.  For me they both represent fertility, there is a sphere in each of the cards,
The obvious difference is the background, where hers seems lush, his seems rugged and baren
Does make for an interesting comparison doesn't it?  Perhaps the rugged barren male and the lush fertile female?  Many show the Empress to be pregnant, some show a hidden belly, which adds a more rounded and motherly quality too.

mysticcrystal

Post by mysticcrystal » Sun May 06, 2007 5:35 pm

III The Empress: She is the epitome of femininity. SHe shows pregnant abundance, not just with child, but with her home and real estate, and with the abundance of plant life around her. She is more down to earth than the emperor. She rules with quiet confidence, knowing she is the creator of life.

IV The Emperor: He is more into rules and what must be done. He sits very rigidly on his throne.He is a good father, a little strict, but only for his children's good. He definitley knows he is in charge.

MysticCrystal

Return to “Tarot Homework”