Part One - The Major Arcana - 3 & 4

Under this forum The Tarot Professor can and will be able to set the students assignments and homework. Which then must be submitted back here itself. This forum can be accessed only by MysticBoard.com Members.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

teresassmad

Post by teresassmad » Thu May 17, 2007 3:24 am

But isn't Venus the goddess of sexuality and love, while Aries was the god of war? Aren't these polar opposites? I think the first cards look the same. The Empress looks loving and caring, while the Emperor looks very warlike to me. But in some societies, the polar opposites were a neccessity. The women were stolen if the men didn't protect them.

George

Post by George » Thu May 17, 2007 9:03 pm

teresassmad wrote:But isn't Venus the goddess of sexuality and love, while Aries was the god of war? Aren't these polar opposites? I think the first cards look the same. The Empress looks loving and caring, while the Emperor looks very warlike to me. But in some societies, the polar opposites were a neccessity. The women were stolen if the men didn't protect them.
if your were to ask my opioion on that i would say yes.  The godess mother loving and caring and the emporer cold and warlike.  i was a little shocked that these two cards came up in the same lesson almost as if a couple.
Common sense dictates there is no such thing as common sense.

dreamfairy

Post by dreamfairy » Wed May 23, 2007 9:02 pm

The Empress - A woman who rules over nature (wheat, trees etc) creativity - giving birth to ideas and sexuality (Venus).  Mother Nature - generating life, fertility, growth and abundance.
Astrological sign Venus - love, what you value. Earth Sign - Stability, grounded.

The Emperor - A man defending his realm.  He conjures up images of power (crown, sceptre, orb).  
Atrological Sign Aries - Aries is ruled by Mars (dressed in armour as he defends his kingdom). Aries - Pioneering, leadership, assertive, power.   Fire sign - Vitality, energy.

Left side - feelings, sensitivity.
Right side - logic, power.
Matriarchal/Patriarchal.

Dreamfairy
Peace & Light.

Chooky

Post by Chooky » Sun May 27, 2007 12:10 pm

Well, the Empress seems to me to be very maternal, representing growth, life, and abundance with her sitting outside.  She appears to be friendly and open and someone you could talk to about a lot of things, a bit like your mother really...

The Emperor seems stern to me, very powerful, on the defensive, ready to go into battle at any point, he looks to me that he would protect his interests at all costs.  He does strike me as very reliable, and once won over as a friend or once you had won his respect that  he would go into battle for you as well.  Wouldn't like to be on the wrong side of him though.

netthef1

tarrot lessons

Post by netthef1 » Thu May 31, 2007 12:32 am

made it first let me say livirgo would you belive the empress favors the moon. virgo would be nice though.I think the appearance of the empress in a spread would suggest the onset of a more earthly phase of life.Right the birth of a child might occure maybe an artistic offspring.I think the fool the child of heven discovers that he lives in a phisical body and is a creatur of spirit but also of earth.

The Emperor is chalenged to make something manifest. A creative idea to build something in the world to get a business perhaps. or maybe to establish a structure of a home and family.

:smt014 was going to send attachments but cant figure out how to make them smaller maybe nextime

Gem

Post by Gem » Thu May 31, 2007 10:38 am

thanks Netthef :)

netthef1

tarot lessons

Post by netthef1 » Thu May 31, 2007 1:38 pm

was going to send attachments but cant figure out how to make them smaller maybe nextime

I think that i have got the picture reduced here is one of theem
netthef1

netthef1

tarot lessons

Post by netthef1 » Thu May 31, 2007 2:07 pm

the sise of my picture
Attachments
scan0004.jpg
scan0004.jpg (75.59 KiB) Viewed 3349 times
netthef1

Gem

Post by Gem » Thu May 31, 2007 2:13 pm

Lovely thanks :)

netthef1

tarrot lessons

Post by netthef1 » Thu May 31, 2007 2:29 pm

thank you i see that a couple of my mistakes were added i cant remove them who gets rid of the clutter? we are or were on the The Emperor & The Empress how long are we to study before moving on or do we just go to the next on the list ?
netthef1

Gem

Post by Gem » Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:07 am

As long as you feel happy, the idea of this course is to find what emotions, feelings and interpretatiomns the card trigger in you and to discuss them and bring them to the fore so that next time you see the card in a reading they are automatically there, no learning, just instant. Move onto the next when you feel ready :)  Which is The Heirophant http://mysticboard.org/vi ... hp?t=24805

weezerwall

Re: Part One - The Major Arcana - 3 & 4

Post by weezerwall » Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:30 pm

Gem wrote:3 - The Empress                                     4 - The Emperor
    Female                                                   Male
Image                               Image

I decided to try these two cards together to see if this created an easier way to see the differences and the likenesses.
Seeing this regal "two-some" reminds me of King Arthur and Lady Gwenivere (the romantic version).  Looking at them together really DOES help compare them.  Both feel more "earth bound" than the Priestess and the Magician.  Maybe they represent how the feelings and energies of the Priestess and Magician could look when they are channeled into the "tangible":

The Empress feels lush and luxurious.. she stands for abundance, plenty - the gifts we receive from Mother Earth.  Her fertility gives birth to life and beauty and lets creativity bloom.

The Emperor feels stiff, solid, stable. He's about creating structure - he gives things form, authority and order.  He organizes things to make them  rational, logical or solid.

Warmest,
Weezer

netthef1

tarrot lessons

Post by netthef1 » Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:47 pm

This is a very good definition of the two cards and i can see what you see in your cards sort of brings out the defination and there are a lot of different decks out there i didnt know this untill i started the study. Now my pictures are different but i think you can get just about the same deffinition out of them or close.the waterfall suggests the flow of feeling and fertility of her world.the gown she wears represents rulership over places of security and peace.and i think the neckless she wears would represent the twelve signs of the zodiac.now thats what i get out of the picture i have

the emperor with the lighting bolt symbolizes power because it lights up the sky.his mountain peaks are his home because he is a god of mental and spiritual heights. and the eagle is his emblem because it is able to fly higher then other birds and has exelent sight.

ps: maybe somebody can tell me how to get the pictures side by side now

so everybody is doing a good job as far as i,m conserned so great work to everybody.
Attachments
scan0002.jpg
scan0002.jpg (99.07 KiB) Viewed 3293 times
scan0001.jpg
scan0001.jpg (83.14 KiB) Viewed 3294 times

weezerwall

Re: tarrot lessons

Post by weezerwall » Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:03 pm

netthef1 wrote:This is a very good definition of the two cards and i can see what you see in your cards sort of brings out the defination and there are a lot of different decks out there i didnt know this untill i started the study. Now my pictures are different but i think you can get just about the same deffinition out of them or close.the waterfall suggests the flow of feeling and fertility of her world.the gown she wears represents rulership over places of security and peace.and i think the neckless she wears would represent the twelve signs of the zodiac.now thats what i get out of the picture i have

the emperor with the lighting bolt symbolizes power because it lights up the sky.his mountain peaks are his home because he is a god of mental and spiritual heights. and the eagle is his emblem because it is able to fly higher then other birds and has exelent sight.

ps: maybe somebody can tell me how to get the pictures side by side now

so everybody is doing a good job as far as i,m conserned so great work to everybody.
Hi Netthef1,

I really wish I could help you - maybe if you scanned both cards onto the same page? (as one pdf file?)  They are really LOVELY as is this class!!

Warmest,
Weezer

anandutsav

Post by anandutsav » Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:11 pm

The mystery shrouded HIGH PRIESTESS is followed by the EMPRESS. She is the symbol of the purest of the female nature. She appears to be the picture of happiness and fulfilment and satisfaction. The EMPRESS could be the mother who is all love and affection. She embodies compassion and harmony and true sense of relief after having come across the MAGICIAN and the HIGH PRIESTESS.
anandutsav

Return to “Tarot Homework”