Part One - The Major Arcana - 5

Under this forum The Tarot Professor can and will be able to set the students assignments and homework. Which then must be submitted back here itself. This forum can be accessed only by MysticBoard.com Members.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

stillwalkn

The Heirophant

Post by stillwalkn » Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:59 pm

For me the Heirophant is about knowing what is appropriate. Knowledge of what you should do, that is always within if you look and see. It is a card of order and morality, balance and rules/discipline. This card says to me it may be a time for accepting advice and guidance, being part of the community, not a time for  "going it alone."

xaxaa

Post by xaxaa » Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:59 pm

This card reminds me of religion,rules,the right and the wrong thing to do and the keys of paradise. The Hierophant is supposed to be very wise and to teach people what's good and what's not! He's giving lessons and people are listening to him...In front of the believer are standing the keys of paradise which can be reached if they do what the Hierophant is advising.
I still feel there's a sense of hypocrisy. Does the Hierophant behave the way he advises the others? Does he really care? He's standing between the two Pillars...(perhaps the same ones as the High Priestess?),which means the dark and the light ones?Or they're both grey and there's nothing behind them because he isn't hiding anything...?
Quite confusing I guess!

xaxaa

Post by xaxaa » Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:43 am

:)
Attachments
Major05.JPG
Major05.JPG (114.76 KiB) Viewed 3739 times

Renata1

The Hierophant

Post by Renata1 » Thu May 08, 2008 2:29 am

One of the several representations we can take in life, the Hierophant, in our lives story, can be one that represents our inner soul, our psychologist posture in deal with the situations, in thinking and interpreting things. This person counts with so many aspects when has to take an action involving people. Sometimes, if I’m reading for someone, I can say – if this card is taken – that this person is a open and comprehensive one. I also can read that this person has to change the way s/he deal with things if the next card is a one which reinforce the contrary personal attitude demonstrated by this card.

Hugs,
Renata

Clare

the heirophant

Post by Clare » Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:11 am

seems more like someone with a bomb tied to them, holding their hands up defeat, waiting for the final blow

deelitefullyme

5 Hierophant

Post by deelitefullyme » Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:56 pm

This card reminds me of a great prophet just entering into his own journey

He is fair and knows all but looks like he is beckoning you.  He wants you to came and learn.  He is willing to teach you all he knows.  He wants you to believe in yourself.

Mandimedea

Post by Mandimedea » Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:36 pm

I am using the rider-waite deck for studies and what I see in this card is a symbol of religion, a priest, teacher of morals, traditions and beliefs.

hummingbirds

Post by hummingbirds » Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:44 am

The Heirophant is also known as the High Priestess. The male side of Vesta. Yin and yang.

His features remind me of a buddist monk, but he is clothed in Western religious garb... interesting. Well he is obviously not afraid of ruling. He also holds a sceptre, and points to the heavens. Two people are before him, in a lower position. He is in possession of two keys: he holds the power, the answer, maybe even the final say.

The position of the Heirophant and the High Priestess is reminiscent of the positions of the bishops in chess. They are beside the King and Queen. The female is beside the queen, naturally, and the same with the King. My friend once suggested, as an idea, that maybe the bishops are the informants of the rulers, but they are able to control what information goes in and out. Perhaps this applies to the Heirophant and the Priestess: they represent a second-in-power or the shadow ruler.

Return to “Tarot Homework”