Part One - The Major Arcana - 5

Under this forum The Tarot Professor can and will be able to set the students assignments and homework. Which then must be submitted back here itself. This forum can be accessed only by MysticBoard.com Members.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

Gem

Part One - The Major Arcana - 5

Post by Gem » Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:46 pm

Sitting alone, unfriendly? Powerful?

What are your thoughts on The Hierophant? How do other decks portray this card?
Last edited by Gem on Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:41 pm, edited 4 times in total.

chrisdee

The Hierophant

Post by chrisdee » Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:09 pm

The Heophant reminds us to do what is right,to find a balance between inner urges and outer duties.His hand gesture to me says be still and listen
His name brings to mind Marriage/looking for spiritual and religous meaning /the legal system
Attachments
h.jpg
The Hierophant
h.jpg (40.38 KiB) Viewed 12783 times

Gem

Post by Gem » Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:23 pm

Chris that card has such a lovely background?, so much going on, but the lady is  err a lady? A lady Heirophant?

chrisdee

Post by chrisdee » Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:47 pm

The Hierophant in my card is a gray haired man defiantly masculine features may be not to clear on the above picture

ellis

A lady????

Post by ellis » Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:06 pm

In some decks we see the High Priestess and the High Priest instead of the Hierophant. Bizarre that they would both be ladies when we are always looking for balance. Anyway, to me the hierophant is a lot more orthodox. He is all about tradition and traditional thought. He can represent anyone in a more traditional profession such as a priest, doctor, nurse, teacher or all round advisor but always someone you can trust to give you impartial and sensible advice.

The advise you receive, like that of the grand master in Karate Kid does not always make sense (hence the moon in the background) but it is always well thought out and deep with meaning.
Attachments
5.jpg
5.jpg (19.67 KiB) Viewed 12777 times
I believe that one can have a personal, spiritual relationship with God without practicing religion

Gem

Post by Gem » Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:03 pm

I love that film, wax on .. wax off... was a great lesson,

lavirgo

Post by lavirgo » Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:58 am

i always think of the hierophant as a card of tradition, and to do things the traditional way instead of quick fix or shortcuts.

*Star*

Re: 5 - The Heirophant

Post by *Star* » Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:01 pm

Gem wrote:Image

What are your thoughts on The Heirophant? How do other decks portray this card?
i find this a little difficult to interpret..i will try again later.

MissEm

Post by MissEm » Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:08 pm

The Hierophant - Chiron the centaur

When yr at a low and you feel you are in something so deep that you just can't get out of, there will be someone that has the knowledge to show you the way out.  Whether he chooses to show you is another thing.  Being a centaur, I tend to think they are prone to mishievousness but Chiron apparently was different.  Other centaurs were the drunken lout types but he was kind, intelligent and knowledgeable.

It almost says that you need to want to make things better to be healed or going toward the light.  Dwell in the deep recesses of yr mind or soul but I have the knowledge (in the scroll) to show you a way out.  Do you want it?  If so, you need to do the work to free yourself.

This one didn't come easy and had to think about it a bit more.
Attachments
The Hierophant.JPG
The Hierophant.JPG (24.1 KiB) Viewed 7226 times
O    O
   oo
**___**

Gem

Post by Gem » Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:39 am

One thing I found MissEm, was that if you have a good knowledge of the background history to the deck it makes it easier, so for me Ancient Egyptian decks are easy to read because I understand the use of the Egyptian symbols and gods and goddesses, this I think makes a good base to understand the meanings of the cards. You seem to be in tune with your mythic side here :) And are spot on in regards to Chiron. Well done on such a difficult card.

MissEm

Post by MissEm » Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:46 am

Thanks for the feedback Gem.  I quite enjoy reading about the Greek Gods and associated stories.  They were a crazy lot and very headstrong it seems.  Very fickle too and would change their minds on a whim.  Intersting learning about them.  I love it! :)

Thanks again!  I'm thoroughly enjoying this!
O    O
   oo
**___**

George

Re: 5 - The Heirophant

Post by George » Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:19 am

Gem wrote:Image

What are your thoughts on The Heirophant? How do other decks portray this card?
The Fool's first introduction of the dogmatic religion.  Does the keys at his feet open mysterious of life, the uinverse or/and God?  two monks sit at his feeting listening to what he has to say.  do we dare say "do as i say and not as i do!"
Common sense dictates there is no such thing as common sense.

Gem

Post by Gem » Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:19 pm

{{{{{{George}}}}}} Where you been? we've missed you xxx

George

Post by George » Sun Apr 01, 2007 1:14 pm

Gem wrote:{{{{{{George}}}}}} Where you been? we've missed you xxx
i did post last weekend and been trying to find the mind set to  focus on my studies.  i had to rush my mom to emegence room because see fall and hit her head and been taking care of her.  you know cooking and what not for her.  and work has been a pain.  its just been a little hard to focus lately to post daily even weekly etc.  i've really forced myself to at least do a weekly post because i just feel like sitting around and doing nothing!   :smt012   but i'm getting back on the right track and finding myself getting out of my depression and walking my path in the Tarot which is the postive force in my life right now.  :smt006  

thanks for asking by the way it helps!  :smt020
Common sense dictates there is no such thing as common sense.

suzisco

Post by suzisco » Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:37 pm

I like the Heirophant, this is a man who strives to keep the way going, he relies on tradition and duty fufil his day, he is ultimately doomed, he cannot embrace the new and is accused of being ritulistic, old fashioned and out of touch.  He is still a man of great learning even if it is blinkered.
Enjoy when you can and endure when you must.
Everydays Predictions - Symbols - Picture Reading - Spirituality    Please support Mystic Board Donate Here

Return to “Tarot Homework”