Part One - The Major Arcana - 5

Under this forum The Tarot Professor can and will be able to set the students assignments and homework. Which then must be submitted back here itself. This forum can be accessed only by MysticBoard.com Members.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

Magewyntyr

Post by Magewyntyr » Sat Jul 21, 2007 2:25 pm

Nay worries Gem! :)

I don't use the book very often. I'd rather go off my gut feeling with what I see. It just bothered me how negative I got with this card. I was hoping to find a less negative perspective.

It's funny....I get more negativity from this card than I do from death or the devil. That's something I'm pondering for a bit. I'll tackle the next card in awhile. Right now, my pillow is calling my head for a bit more sleep...

:smt015  :)

Love and Laughter to all,
Wyntyr

pamDemonium

Post by pamDemonium » Sun Aug 05, 2007 1:24 pm

My Hierophant wearing robes is standing with arms outstretched, as if welcoming his flock although I feel it would be more appropriate to  kneel down and kiss his ring.

My understanding of this card is that there are lessons we must heed. Whether coming from  a teacher, a priest , someone in authority OR that we must take care to acknoledge lessons learned. It's very important we hear what is said.

http://gfx.tarot.com/images/decks/zerne ... size/5.jpg

I wish i could figure out how to place the pictures here

Chooky

Post by Chooky » Sun Aug 05, 2007 2:06 pm

Hi PamDemonium

Scan your picture, then save it!
To add your picture to your post, click on Browse, and open the picture from where you saved it on your computer. Then click on add attachement.
Pretty sure that is how you do it.

Good luck!
Chooky

pamDemonium

Post by pamDemonium » Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:08 pm

pamDemonium

Post by pamDemonium » Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:10 pm

ahh forget it.....I'll scan them tomorrow. sheesh 78  of them!

pamDemonium

Post by pamDemonium » Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:14 pm

I think Ive got it!
Attachments
5.jpg
5.jpg (16.08 KiB) Viewed 3357 times

infinitii525

Post by infinitii525 » Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:03 pm

The Hierophant is very disciplined and stern. He has strong beliefs and he is willing to teach. He points up to heavens so I take away religion knowledge from a higher power. He is believes in what he believes in  and will defend it or like George said  he can be symbolizing “do as I say not as I do by the crosses on his clothes and what looks like blood on his hand.

SandiLJ

sandilj

Post by SandiLJ » Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:58 pm

I see her as a great ruler with graet compaisson for her people, they reverence her seeking out her wisdom in times of need as well in there every day lives. She is also dressed in a religious attire, she looks like she is a spiritual person, but under all of that is a person who can be very mystries & decieving, about her ways as a ruler it's almost like she will say one thing & than do another.
SandiLJohnson

Cheyenne

The Hierophant

Post by Cheyenne » Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:12 pm

The Hierophant
Looking at the Rider Waite images I think the Hierophant has to do with education/religion. In Manga version I think this card has to do with faith, being committed to something, trying to get others to listen to your point of view. I think there is a link between the High Priestess and the Hierophant. I think the Hierophant deals with worldly problems as the High Priestess deals with problems beyond the world. If that makes any sense.

I think this card has to do with religion, learning, educating.
Attachments
TheHierophant.JPG
TheHierophant.JPG (120.6 KiB) Viewed 3347 times

grmrsan

Post by grmrsan » Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:34 pm

dragons-

This one is a High Priest instead of Heirophant. Very official looking, with his big important robe and his very fancy staff. Obviously he's somone IMPORTANT. The type of person who doesn't like to be taken lightly. He must be wise, because he has white hair and a big staff. Behind him is an ornate tapestry shoing the same dragons the high priestess had on her card. Chaos and wisdom holding the world between them. This card isn't nearly as dynamic as the priestess' either. Where hers was all movement and action, He is standing in one spot, and the "truths" represented on the tapestry are set, pinned down to something definate. There is some room for movement though, the cloak is swirling a little at the bottom, sugesting maybe that everythings not as rigid as it appears. He would be a good person to get advice from, or to learn from, but also scary to be in front of if you were waiting for disciplinary action.

Forest-
Here the heirophant is giving some sort of counsel to the young couple in front of him.While he is very rigid and stiff, the couple are relaxed and at ease with each other, and  seem to have come to some sort of understandidng. There is a pair of keys on the ground i front of them, suggesting that The Heirophent had given them the keys to relate to each other? Again not a lot of growth in this picture, the grass is green, but there are no flowers, antd the trees benid him have no leaves. There is a lack of movement for now, but the potential to grow, or change alittle is still there. He is holding a pyramid in one hand (ancient wisdom? power?) and giving us the pece sign with the other. (Between the square face and peace sign, he looks like Pres. Nixon to me. LOL)

Reading through the posts, I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who found this card difficult. Maybe because the type of personality thats interested in the mystic in this age of logic and scepticism, is also someone who hates being told what to do, maybe has a few problems with rigid culteral rules and authority.
Attachments
heirophants.jpg
heirophants.jpg (58.44 KiB) Viewed 3343 times

littleone22

Post by littleone22 » Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:50 am

The Hierophant suggests to me a great depth of knowledge so much so that people bow down in front of him! His face is very stern and quite uninviting i find! This man is the wisest in all the tarot and is very holy and righteous! His knowledge often leave him somewhat alone maybe this is why he has a stern face as he has no equal to bond with!

love littleone22  :smt006

abalone

Post by abalone » Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:26 am

the Heirophant seems skeptical yet very firm on opinion.  slightly defiant
blessed be

BLouise

Post by BLouise » Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:50 pm

Spiritual guidance, one who is to be trusted.  Someone you would go to to find the right path.
“And the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.” – T.S. Elliot

George

Post by George » Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:38 pm

BLouise wrote:Image
Spiritual guidance, one who is to be trusted.  Someone you would go to to find the right path.
nice card blouise.  i like all the colors!   :smt016  good see you posting and getting into the lessons!  

:smt006

i just went through some of the newest part of the thread and the cards are just great just diverseity we have in the class now.  great job eveyone i was just reading some of them and all is great with insight!

BLouise

Post by BLouise » Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:31 pm

Thanks George,  I really like this deck.  It is very vibrant and colorful.
“And the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.” – T.S. Elliot

Return to “Tarot Homework”