Part One - The Major Arcana - 6

Under this forum The Tarot Professor can and will be able to set the students assignments and homework. Which then must be submitted back here itself. This forum can be accessed only by MysticBoard.com Members.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

winniewoo

Post by winniewoo » Sat Nov 24, 2007 5:06 am

The lovers stand naked beneath the arms of Raphael (angel of Air). Man the representation of the conscious mind and reason. Woman the representation of emotion and subconscious. That is why the woman is looking up to the angel. The woman is standing in front of the tree of live. The man is in front of the tree representing the 12 signs of the zodiac. The angel Raphael appears to be blessing them. Raphael represents inspiration from above. Love on all levels-spiritual, physical, and emotional. This card to me does not just represent love between a man and woman. It represents the relationships with everyone in your life. When this card show it may indicate that all your relationships are important to you on a physical and emotional level. The lovers card is about matters of the heart.
What lies behind you and what lies before you matters not. However, what lies within you is of great importance.

pirbid

My Lovers say...

Post by pirbid » Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:42 pm

SHE: "Tell me, my Inner Guide, can I trust making the right decision about this person? Is this even the right time for a relationship or should I focus on other aspects of life first?"

HE: "Should I give the first step or wait for hers? Will she think me too bold if I ask her? What is she thinking about, anyway?"

ANGEL: "It really is up to you both. Just learn to take responsability for your decisions in life: no one else can do it for you".

The first is Scapini's, showing cupid while the couple ignores him. It looks more like a first meeting, like love at first sight.

The second I found really curious: it's from the Chinese deck and it reminds me of the joy of sharing any kind of love, not only the mating kind.

The third is more sensual, with the couple depicted as king and queen. She's still looking up at the angel, as in the RW, and It seems to be waiting for an heir to arrive asap!  :smt003

Actually, Robin Wood's version is even bolder, so I didn't dare post it in case it was deleted (not that terrible, really, but I understand different people have different sensibilities and I wouldn't want to make anyone uncomfortable). :smt103

glenellen

Post by glenellen » Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:05 am

The lovers there is interference maybe family because she is busy looking for approval while he is looking for commitment, there is a reason why there not close maybe there not meant to be together because it will be a stormy relationship and the love is one sided

windspirits

The Lovers

Post by windspirits » Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:13 pm

The Lovers shows you that you can bear all to your partner or lover, but the card also shows that you must be aware of your surroundings.  Things might not be as they appear, if you ever have doubts, listen to them and you be the judge.  Be ever watchful in your dealings, he just might be up to some tricks, just stay alert and careful  there could be heavy storms ahead, but there is some light at the end of the tunnel.
Attachments
6-The Lovers.jpg
6-The Lovers.jpg (19.98 KiB) Viewed 3789 times
Feel the gentle winds of the windspirits

TravellingChristy

Post by TravellingChristy » Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:56 pm

This was the hardest card for me, lol.  It took me awhile to come up with something.  I wonder if its a sign? :)

I see a new love evolving.  Two people, quick to fall in love and are comfortable with one another.  It looks as though they are seeking approval.
Christy

naomi

beautiful

Post by naomi » Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:07 pm

Here are very interesting and thoughtful takes on the Lovers, thanks
Naomi wishes everyone who reads this is OK even when your not.

farafina

Post by farafina » Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:25 pm

This card also gives me difficulty...
To me it is like uncertainty.... not sure what to do.... to love, or to love not....?

It feels also like a choice between two people , or two things, as was said before.

two possible paths.... if you pick one, you cannot pick the other.

Still not sure actually, I need to think about it some more  :smt017

In the TAROT DE MARSEILLE this card is called THE LOVER in singular... I am interpreting it as being about one lover who has to choose....?
Attachments
06am.jpg
06am.jpg (17.22 KiB) Viewed 3986 times

appylover

Post by appylover » Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:21 am

A choice or decision that needs to be made. Adam and Eve,I see a snake in the fruit tree behind the women. The man looks like he has made his decision and is waiting for the women to make hers. She is looking up to the angel for advice or approval. Maybe if you are married or in a seirous relationship it could be temptation or considering adultery,lovers.

mary grace gabriel

THE LOVERS

Post by mary grace gabriel » Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:11 pm

I CAN SEE EMOTIONS AND INNER PEACE. CONNECTION BETWEEN TWO PERSON, CLOSENESS, UNDERSTANDING, CARE AND ACCEPTANCE
your angel

pirbid

New decks!

Post by pirbid » Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:46 pm

At least, the Universal Lovers are easily recognized as such, which is usually not the case with this deck. He seems to have fairy wings and they are embracing in the midst of lush overgrown vegetation (or maybe they are fairy sized). This is my favorite because of the tight embrace.

Marcehtti's are the first Lovers that I find standing in the water with dolphins jumping in the background. He looks like a warrior or soldier and the classical angel is shown as a starry light shining above them.

Macsen Wledig was a roman emperor who dreamed of his beloved before meeting her and then went to Wales to find her. Llewellyn's Lovers have a tapestry behind them with the angel that I was missing in the preceding cards.
Sunshine from the islands of eternal spring ;)

beleever

Post by beleever » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:39 pm

I would say that this particular card is to do with Love , relationships or the start of something new and exciting. Then I have looked at the card closely and seen that their fingertips are just touching and she has a kind of worried look apon her face, maybe they are coming apart

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:46 am

On some decks, when the Lovers card show three people (mortals) then perhpas it might indicate something of a choice to make. However, on the Rider Waite, It is pure love between two people being blessed by the angel above.
I dont see the issue of choice here. The angel is almost saying, "Here is my blessing; go and love and multiply." The love, at the same time, does not stop at two people loving each other; it extends far beyond that. It could be love for life, job, platonic love to a friend hence the creator of the card called it the Lovers and not Choices at least the deck that I am using.

stillwalkn

The Lovers

Post by stillwalkn » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:14 pm

In my deck the Lovers is a dark card, showing two people who are obviously torn between staying together or pulling apart. I get the feeling they are both struggling and there is a dark figure standing next to them who seems to be casting a spell over them or at least calling on them to decide. So, I get the idea there is a choice to be made, but it is a choice between being alone or being with someone. In the RW deck, I also get the idea of a choice whether to "tie the knot" or stay individuals. The people in my deck are naked and standing in the moonlight. It is not romantic like some of the cards I've seen posted here, nor is it particularly sensual. But it is naked in a sense of being raw and undisguised. It must be an important choice that will affect a person's life profoundly.

xaxaa

Post by xaxaa » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:26 pm

In this card I feel there's pure love. There's the angel blessing them but behind the woman there's the apple tree and the a snake...This makes me think that there will be many temptations and the road there's behind the angel shows that if they give way to the temptations they will have to face a very difficult trip! They have to behave well if they want this love to continue give them happiness!

xaxaa

Post by xaxaa » Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:24 pm

The last one is from Hello Kitty tarot deck.
Isn't it SO cute??  :smt007
Attachments
6.JPG
6.JPG (110.18 KiB) Viewed 4293 times

Return to “Tarot Homework”