Part One - The Major Arcana - 6

Under this forum The Tarot Professor can and will be able to set the students assignments and homework. Which then must be submitted back here itself. This forum can be accessed only by MysticBoard.com Members.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

George

Post by George » Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:18 pm

xaxaa wrote:The last one is from Hello Kitty tarot deck.
Isn't it SO cute??  :smt007
what is the name of the first deck?
Common sense dictates there is no such thing as common sense.

xaxaa

Post by xaxaa » Mon May 05, 2008 5:23 pm

Sorry George,
I just saw your question...
It's a deck I bought in Italy and it's designed by the author of the book it was with. He's name is Jacopo Fo...
It looks a lot like some ancient Italian,Spanish and French decks... (Ancient tarot of Marseille too...)
That's all I know :)

Renata1

Post by Renata1 » Fri May 09, 2008 3:03 am

The Lovers always was one of the worst cards to read. I always need another card as a guidance to try making sense to the reading when The Lovers appears. Now, reading what others think/feel about, I can have a little better comprehension on this card. To know it can represent a choice/decision to be made, that it can represent pure love…everything make sense to me. But I still have to get used with these new views in relation of this card…

Hugs,
Renata

Clare

the lovers

Post by Clare » Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:13 am

complete trust and openess, two people who belong together, mirror each other

deelitefullyme

6 Lovers

Post by deelitefullyme » Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:15 pm

This card I had to put down and pick back up again later.  At first my mind went straight for the obvious, "They are lovers, dah!"  Then later, I began to see more...

They are confident, no need to cover up.  They are also looking up to the moon.  I see and feel that this has something to do with choices.  We can choose with our minds or with our hearts.

Mandimedea

Post by Mandimedea » Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:06 pm

When I look at the lovers card I see Passion, unions and relationships, new path to travel-not alone.  follow your heart, soulmate, maybe guardian angel or growth and maturity with guidance.

hummingbirds

Post by hummingbirds » Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:52 am

The symbolism in the card Lovers is so obvious. They are Adam and Eve. Once again, I see correlation between yin and yang. Eve is on the left, and the left hand controls the right brain. Yin represents darkness, female, right, creativity. Adam is on the right, the right hand controls the left brain. Yang represents light, male, left, logic.

Behind Eve is, obviously, the Tree of Knowledge and the snake. We all know what happened.

I think Adam, or the man, can also represent Moses. The tree behind him looks as if there are fire on the branches -- the burning bush. Moses hears God at the same time he encounters the bush. He saves his people, etc, etc, glorification of man. Or he can be Prometheus, or Prometheus's creation, or both. He is both the bringer of life and the life he created, ergo, he created himself. Fire is the symbol of creation -- with creation Man can "create weapons and subdue the beast." More glorification of humans.

The angel above, maybe a messenger of God, approves of this union.

Return to “Tarot Homework”