Part One - The Major Arcana - 6

Under this forum The Tarot Professor can and will be able to set the students assignments and homework. Which then must be submitted back here itself. This forum can be accessed only by MysticBoard.com Members.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

*Star*

Post by *Star* » Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:30 pm

oops! i just edited my post. just before i read your post.(i realised my question was also confusing)

*Star*

Post by *Star* » Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:37 pm

Thank you suzisco and Gem. now i think im kind of understanding this.. :)

daffodil

Post by daffodil » Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:42 pm

The Lovers
Love in all it's forms, passion/sexual love , spiritual love, self love, emotional love. I believe the lovers also signify's the difference in male and female love and it's expression and the important role each one play's to attain true love.
Also included in my own interpretation would be the love of a hobby, job, place.
I use the Witches Tarot and love the symbolism.

Daff
“Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.”

~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

MissEm

Post by MissEm » Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:37 am

From the Mythic Deck (sorry I dont have a pic)

Many beautiful women (or men) may come before you but basically, if you mess with any other than yr own partner, watch out for the consequences.  Remember, for every action there is a reaction.  These other women (or men) may offer you the world or wile their womanly wiles but at what price to you and yr love.  Do you risk one love for the sake of perhaps a fleeting amusement for one of the goddesses?  Trust not, all that is in front of you.

P.S.  ellis' card is beautiful! :smt053

George

Re: 6 - The Lovers

Post by George » Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:02 pm

Gem wrote:Image

Some really eye-opening pictures here, and all so easy to read and interpret...... or are they?
Now, our poor Fool will now deal with one of the most diffciult lessons in his journey and that is love.  Finding someone, keeping somene, loving someone, fulfilling a need, etc etc.  a journey that he will have to answer and question for the rest of his life.  
the day is clear and the sun shines bright and today is a good day for  :smt008  
an angel with a face bright as the sun looks down on two naked bodies. one a daughter of Eve and the second a son of Adam.  The daughter stands by the "tree of knowledge of good and evil" with the serpent to temp her.  and by the son, i would assume,  is the "tree of life".  there are chooses to be made here.  overall get ready for a realtionship and start making chooses.   :smt007
Common sense dictates there is no such thing as common sense.

starryskies

Post by starryskies » Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:17 pm

The lovers is about being with someone, either a soulmate or it could be a short love affair depending on the supporting cards. It represents two people together anyway and is usually a positive card.

(Sorry I am really behind with this by the way, I have had a pretty busy week and fallen behind on my tarot homework!)

luv2pur

VI - The Lovers

Post by luv2pur » Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:12 am

This card is like a old friend to me...it for some reason always puts me at  ease when working with it ...

To me it represents a crossroad and the decision to unite and grow in a postitive way ...i feel somewhat of a innocence that comes from this one ..to me it stands for relationships starting out right, a blessed union, a time for a choice to be made..it seems to me that the man is looking at the woman and the woman looks to the heavens to guide her, they offer reassurance, trust, wisdom they show fate.

That about sums up what I see in the card, even though I know that what i see and the true meaning and representation differ ...i just need to figure out how to find a happy medium between my opinion and what has been written...

Gem

Re: VI - The Lovers

Post by Gem » Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:47 am

luv2pur wrote:This card is like a old friend to me...it for some reason always puts me at  ease when working with it ...

To me it represents a crossroad and the decision to unite and grow in a postitive way ...i feel somewhat of a innocence that comes from this one ..to me it stands for relationships starting out right, a blessed union, a time for a choice to be made..it seems to me that the man is looking at the woman and the woman looks to the heavens to guide her, they offer reassurance, trust, wisdom they show fate.

That about sums up what I see in the card, even though I know that what i see and the true meaning and representation differ ...i just need to figure out how to find a happy medium between my opinion and what has been written...

The only opinion that counts here is yours!

We are learning the cards one by one intuitively not by rote. We decide what we see, and what the interpretation is for us. I won't go as far to say throw away the books but if you trust yourself and work through this course as we have said, then you will be able to pick up your deck afterwards and read the cards without hesitation or trying to remember what the book said.

You need to find what the card signifies to you, the feelings and emotions and meaning that it triggers instantly you see it, those are the meanings of that card for you. I hope you understand what I mean?

Trust me it works lol!

mysticcrystal

Post by mysticcrystal » Sun May 06, 2007 5:46 pm

Ellis,
What deck are you posting? I love it!
MysticCrystal

mysticcrystal

Post by mysticcrystal » Sun May 06, 2007 5:49 pm

VI The Lovers: freedom of choice. Two who are Karmically bound to be one. (The Angel in the Rider deck and the vines binding them in the Witches deck). Choose wisely; temptation.

MysticCrystal

Gem

Post by Gem » Mon May 07, 2007 12:25 pm

mysticcrystal wrote:Ellis,
What deck are you posting? I love it!
MysticCrystal
I think you will find Ellis is using the Gilded Tarot by Ciro Marchetti :)

mysticcrystal

Post by mysticcrystal » Mon May 07, 2007 2:22 pm

Thank you, Gem! It's such a pretty deck.

MycticCrystal

Chooky

Post by Chooky » Mon May 28, 2007 1:25 am

I find the lovers are open and innocent, niave in thier convictions, beginnings of all relationships.  With the plants that are fruitful behind it could be suggesting some type of relationship that is beneficial, lasting a long time, or a relationship in which we grow a lot, or have a lot to learn from.

dreamfairy

the Lovers

Post by dreamfairy » Wed May 30, 2007 7:25 pm

The Lovers - Rider Waite.  The garden of Eden, Adam standing in the front of the Tree of life, Eve standing before the Tree of Knowledge. Archangel symbolising heavenly wisdom. I feel that if you drew this card you would be facing major decisions about love and relationships.  Transformations of the psyche or gaining spiritual growth through emotional and sexual relationships. A strong soul or karmic connection in a relationship.  Giving and taking, love based on individuality and uniqueness of two people.  But, temptation and betrayal, if you don't face up to these decisions, due to lack of committment. No room for growth or transformation in relationships due to the inability to heal old emotional wounds from past trauma.        

Dreamfairy
Peace & Light.

weezerwall

Re: Part One - The Major Arcana - 6

Post by weezerwall » Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:01 am

Gem wrote:Image

Some really eye-opening pictures here, and all so easy to read and interpret...... or are they?

From James Bond Live and Let Die, Tarot of The Witches

these two different pictures seem to have different meanings? Do they?

Wow!  Just reading the posts here, looking at the images and looking at the card myself - so many things come up: CHOICES - in RW I find myself in the Garden of Eden - remembering Adam/Eve - should I stay there surrounded by what I've learned so far about myself (potential from the Magician, the presence of my intuition from the High Priestess)?  I've been nurtured - my body has been comforted by mother (Empress) and experienced structure/foundation/routine with father (Emperor).  I've learned something about tradition and social convictions from the Hierophant and now it's all up to me!

Time to decide:  what kind of people/relationships do I want to surround myself with?  I feel like an adolescent - I need my own clique..  and isn't it time for me to lose my virginity?  Is there really such a thing as "safe sex" or is that just the serpent hissing again?

What will happen when I make decisions based on my own opinion? (ego/personality) What will be the consequences if I do? I can keep thinking or take a bite of the apple and see what happens..?

:smt017

Warmest,
Weezer

Return to “Tarot Homework”