Part One - The Major Arcana - 7

Under this forum The Tarot Professor can and will be able to set the students assignments and homework. Which then must be submitted back here itself. This forum can be accessed only by MysticBoard.com Members.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

mary grace gabriel

THE CHARIOT

Post by mary grace gabriel » Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:16 pm

INDEPENDENCE, COURAGE, LOOKING FOR NEW OPPORTUNITIES, LOOKING FORWARD TO A NEW PHASE OF LIFE, GOING BEYOND USUAL LIFE
your angel

pirbid

New decks!

Post by pirbid » Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:25 pm

Manawydan, in Llewellyn's Tarot, was the son of the sea, so he rather reminds me of Neptune. Other than that, he is easily recognizable as the Chariot.

Marchetti's Chariot is interesting because it is not a man but Cleopatra riding the chariot pulled by sphinxes, same as in the RW. She has a funny way of looking to her side: it makes me curious as to what she may be looking at, since she seems rather amused.

Once more, the Universal Chariot is rather different: three winged horses standing before a building with a human figure embedded in the facade. This building reminds me of the Tower, but I would have a hard time recognizing this card as the Chariot at first glance. How about you?

I also find it hard to decide on a favorite card: they all have their points. Llewellyn's probably expresses best the meanings I am used to. Marchetti's  makes an interesting variation while still being easily recognizable. And I like the color contrast in the Universal. Which is your favorite?  :smt017
Sunshine from the islands of eternal spring ;)

Yrriki

Depends where the "chariot card" falls in the reading

Post by Yrriki » Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:07 pm

I read  the chariot card as to where it falls in a reading.  If it falls in the home sector of your reading and your question is about money I interpret it to mean that you are been driven by money and perhaps you need to pull back a little to balance out the other areas of your life or yes there is a shift in your finances if you take control and be aware of others around you who may try to change your direction. Money comes and money goes....  If this card falls in your future and your question is will I have enough money in the near future - it tells me you may have to move to make it possible. If a position comes up in  car sales or area of transport or travel related you are on the right track to having more money or making  ends meet in the future. Alternately if you do get the job you may have to travel further than you thought and it may not be worth your while, soo you have to pull back take more control and decide it could cost you in time money and energy...I hope this helps
http://www.holyteaclub.com/blackman
Join me for a cuppa - "Dr Miller's HolyTea Club" - Safe Secure Encrypted website.

beleever

Post by beleever » Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:38 pm

My take on this card is a journey of self discovery, the mother holding the child i see as nuturing yourself, the wolf stands for loyalty, independance, intuition, pathfinder and the chariot depicts a journey.

stillwalkn

The Chariot

Post by stillwalkn » Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:21 am

This card depicts taking action and taking charge to direct your life. Taking aim and then moving forward. It also says to me that it might be a good idea to ask for guidance to stay on track.

xaxaa

Post by xaxaa » Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:02 am

This card makes me think of going somewhere. Even if it's a journey or just moving on...to me means movement. He has control and he seems calm,peaceful and confident so this change
is going to be for the best.

xaxaa

Post by xaxaa » Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:31 pm

:)
Attachments
7.JPG
7.JPG (93.47 KiB) Viewed 4965 times

Renata1

Post by Renata1 » Fri May 09, 2008 3:06 am

The Chariot, to  me, represents Power, Self-Control, Decision and clarity. I really love this card. I see someone who can deal with everything, someone/a situation so centered, someone/a situation that develops by he/she/itself. To me it’s a very positive card.

Hugs,
Renata

weezerwall

The Chariot

Post by weezerwall » Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:56 pm

It's so much fun to come back and take another look at the cards! It's been a while since I did the homework on this one - have the feeling I've really been living the energy of this card - motion, travelling, steering my way through lots of emotions and adventures.  Exciting!!  Found this card to add to our collection  - it's from the Vanessa tarot.  

Namaste and wishing us all enriching journeys!

Gem

Post by Gem » Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:06 pm

Hi Weezer, lovely to see you again, and what a cute deck :)

weezerwall

Post by weezerwall » Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:27 pm

Gem wrote:Hi Weezer, lovely to see you again, and what a cute deck :)
Hi Gem!  It's great to see you again, too!!   :)  Glad this card led me back to this lovely course!

Smiles,
Weezer

Clare

the chariot

Post by Clare » Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:14 am

a person who is brave and moral, a true soldier defending heart and country

deelitefullyme

7 Chariot

Post by deelitefullyme » Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:20 pm

On my cards, the driver is leading the chariot through a foggy area.  The horses aren't well trained but with the strength of the driver, she is guiding the horses forward.

I see that as needing and finding the strength to guide a situation forward despite the obsticules in the way.

Mandimedea

Post by Mandimedea » Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:30 pm

To me, I see control, motion, discipline and battle.  Battle within? Battling others?  I think it is about struggles and how we overcome them with self-control

hummingbirds

Post by hummingbirds » Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:57 am

I see a general in the driver of the Chariot. A tertiary ruler. He also has knowledge, the power to choose between right and wrong, blah blah.

The driver is the head. The Chariot is the feet. Or (in manga terms) Oba and Obata; plot and the book; concept and the execution. The Chariot is about decision, the action of the decision itself, and the reason behind it.

Return to “Tarot Homework”