Part One - The Major Arcana - 7

Under this forum The Tarot Professor can and will be able to set the students assignments and homework. Which then must be submitted back here itself. This forum can be accessed only by MysticBoard.com Members.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

Gem

Part One - The Major Arcana - 7

Post by Gem » Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:21 pm

Fantastic Menagerie

I love that one lol, so does The Chariot always have a mode of transport in it?
Last edited by Gem on Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

chrisdee

The chariot

Post by chrisdee » Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:00 pm

Be in charge of your life master your emotions passions and thoughts gain strength in your weaknesses ,,a vehicle of all kinds, moving forwards, often a trip by car
Attachments
C.jpg
The chariot
C.jpg (41.47 KiB) Viewed 14212 times

chrisdee

Post by chrisdee » Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:05 pm

Fantastic Menagerie although it would be slow its still transport ,may be it means sometimes it can take time to get where your going  :smt015

ellis

Transport or control?

Post by ellis » Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:17 pm

The chariot has a few obvious elements. That of transport has already been touched upon above so is it a warning or an indication of a trip by car? For me the Chariot is more about control. Notice there are two opposites pulling the chariot in terms of colour. A black horse and a white horse for example. This indicates to me that there are opposing forces wanting to go off if different directions and the querent is required to guide these two horses on the chosen path. Without the control they will split off and the chariot comes to a halt with no driving force.

In the Gilded Tarot the 'driver' is quite obviously finding it an easy task, she has the strength of will to control these two beasts apparantly with the power of her mind. Is this the real meaning?
Attachments
8.jpg
8.jpg (19.29 KiB) Viewed 14209 times
I believe that one can have a personal, spiritual relationship with God without practicing religion

Gem

Post by Gem » Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:53 pm

chrisdee wrote:Fantastic Menagerie although it would be slow its still transport ,may be it means sometimes it can take time to get where your going  :smt015
Yes thats very true, perhspa don't be in such a rush, like the tortoise and the Hare?

Chris the card you pictured may also have a link into the journey of life, the travel from baby through childhood to adult and so on?

Gem

Re: Transport or control?

Post by Gem » Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:57 pm

ellis wrote: In the Gilded Tarot the 'driver' is quite obviously finding it an easy task, she has the strength of will to control these two beasts apparantly with the power of her mind. Is this the real meaning?
They definately look calm and peaceful and not much frenzied movement there.  

This card from the wonderful Fionavar Tarot shows something different?

chrisdee

Post by chrisdee » Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:29 pm

Fionavar Tarot This card looks totally out of control but still gives the same message to take control and gain strength in your weaknesses

I think the message given in the Celestial Tarot depicting a mother figure is knowing when to let go.  which is part of the fools journey to adult

lavirgo

Post by lavirgo » Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:19 am

the guys quite calm though the horses are going in different directions, away from each other.  to me i see it as having the power to keep things in control through hard work, relationshipwise,  its not working out, because wanting to go in different directions.  

generally i think its also about having to find another better way to take control of things, rather than having to hold the reins all the time.

Gem

Post by Gem » Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:32 pm

Yes theres a definate silent confidence, using clamness and gentlleness to tame power and aslo letting the horses freedom work for you, rather than forcing more like guiding?

*Star*

Re: 7 - The Chariot

Post by *Star* » Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:56 pm

Gem wrote: Image

This is sooo cuuuuuuuute!!

Gem wrote:Image
Again, as the name suggest- travel or some mode of transport.
since the chariot over here looks 'royal' -im guessing, if its not indicating physical movement, its probably indicating travel of the mind-higher learning(am i the only one who thinks like this ?)

Gem

Post by Gem » Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:20 pm

The chariot can mean travel, and a journey, but not always a physical one, perhaps more about being in control and choosing whre to go, guiding the chariot too?  And yes royal comes into it too :)

MissEm

Post by MissEm » Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:45 pm

I see strength in controlling yr feelings and emotions and getting to where you want to go.  There will be forces at work to pull you in different directions but look ahead, see where you want to be in your life.  Storm clouds behind him suggest one should not dally with decision.

The Roman looks strong in this card and his head is high and looking clear ahead.  He's able to hold the reins in one hand for each horse.  Notice the tilt of the horses heads - the pull is on the inside rein as he is able to hold them together.

I like this card :)
Attachments
The Chariot.JPG
The Chariot.JPG (18.01 KiB) Viewed 8606 times
O    O
   oo
**___**

George

Re: 7 - The Chariot

Post by George » Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:25 pm

Gem wrote:Image
Fantastic Menagerie
A stern man rides the Chariot and if need be he will go out a conquer is foes. i've read this card not as a vehicle but as a means to know if someone will travel. will you go? will you not?  i know if it comes up with another card it becomes into a car accidents and dog if i can remember what card that is  :smt017 .

Gem wrote: Image

okay, i love this card!  :smt003

here is the santa fe Chariot and no vehicle in it!  :smt020
Attachments
santa_fe_the_chariot007.jpg
santa_fe_the_chariot007.jpg (151.36 KiB) Viewed 8602 times
Common sense dictates there is no such thing as common sense.

George

Post by George » Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:33 pm

okay, everybody a great lesson and so very good points made in it!  i will have to come back and reread this thread more then once for the Chariot.  just great stuff here!
Common sense dictates there is no such thing as common sense.

starryskies

Post by starryskies » Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:18 pm

A change or journey, some kind of trip. Or buying a new car.

Return to “Tarot Homework”