Part One - The Major Arcana - 7

Under this forum The Tarot Professor can and will be able to set the students assignments and homework. Which then must be submitted back here itself. This forum can be accessed only by MysticBoard.com Members.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

grmrsan

Post by grmrsan » Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:40 am

Forest-
A young man riding a chariot pulled by two horses, one black and one white. Although the man isn't wearing any armor, he is holding up an arrow, indicating that he was involved in fighting. Behind them, the sky is pink an smokey, with hints of fire near the horizon. The horses are pulling in slightly differant directions, but are leading the chariot straight. An interesting note is that even thogh the man seems totally in control, he has no reins. The horses don't even wear them, suggesting that he has some other force to control them. It must be pretty effective too, since the horses aren't panicking with all that fire behind them.  I'm guessing from the arrow and the fact that the drivers not particularly worried, he had something to with setting the fires. This card says to me mostly not to mess with him, he would be a deceptivly dangerous adversary. Also, since he is on a horse drawn chariot it could also indicate traveling, probably with some speed. (The opposite of your little snaily dudes).

Celtic Dragon-
This one has no form of transportation at all in it. Unless you count thier wings. At first I thought Goldie and Purple were fighting, but when you look closer, they're smiling and controloing the vortex thingie together. The mountains they're standing on are icy and harsh, sugessting dificulties, but as long as these two are cooperating, it isn't anything they can't overcome.
Attachments
chariots.jpg
chariots.jpg (54.3 KiB) Viewed 3140 times

littleone22

Post by littleone22 » Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:08 am

The Chariot is a card of journeys not just physical but emotional to! In this card the two sphinxes appear to be resting showing that journeys take time but you will get there in the end! The total lack of reins shows that during the journey you will have minor control over your travels maybe fate will play his part?! Although sometimes you will have control due to free will! The hunky man in the chariot looks very confident and self assured!    love littleone22  :smt006

BLouise

Post by BLouise » Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:56 pm

Power and position, but she is distracted.  The sphinx that pull her suggest immovability.  one is monochrome and one is full color suggesting to me a duality that needs to be reconciled.  To me this card suggests hard work, needing focus and determination, but resulting in great reward and recognition.
“And the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.” – T.S. Elliot

Delirium

Post by Delirium » Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:38 pm

when ever I get this card in a reading for myself I know my travelplans are going to go out the window! Here's an example; over the summer I had to go down to London from Newcastle, this is normally a 3 hour train journy however when this baby popped out 3 weeks before I knew this wasnt going to be the case( you would think forwarned was for armed but thats the joy of tarot you still have free will!) so as those of you that live in the UK know this summer we had our worst flooding for nearly 100 years, who got stuck on a train for 2 hours then a coach for 4 hours, oh yes that would be yours truely! 6 hours to London and 5 to get home again. Any way thats my rant over with, back to the card....
In most of my cards the running images are Man, transport, 2 animals, outside of the town/city limits narrowing that down to the Mage tarot i'm working with He's in zepellin with the twin engins in main position(wish I could post a pic sorry!)he is flying out of a city holding a rod to light his way, I do feel the rod is important as it shows the engery of wand strongly influencing this card-movment energy etc
Movement duality balence are all shown well in this card, I think it represents going your own way.

Del x

arianna

Post by arianna » Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:12 am

A strong warrior ready for battle or any challenge that lay ahead. A victory after a struggle moving through a rough patch always travelling forward
I wish that your dreams stay big and worries stay small

Sabra

Re: Part One - The Major Arcana - 7

Post by Sabra » Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:40 pm

Gem wrote:Image

I love that one lol, so does The Chariot always have a mode of transport in it?
I sometimes see transportation or physical movement here.  But because of the warrior in the Chariot, I usually see masculine aggression or force.  I see war instead of diplomacy.

Depending on its position, I would either see that more aggression is being called for or that less control needs to be applied.  Once in a while I see it as mastery over self and other forces in life.

Sabra

Re: Part One - The Major Arcana - 7

Post by Sabra » Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:41 pm

Gem wrote:Image

I love that one lol, so does The Chariot always have a mode of transport in it?
I sometimes see transportation or physical movement here.  But because of the warrior in the Chariot, I usually see masculine aggression or force.  I see war instead of diplomacy.

Depending on its position, I would either see that more aggression is being called for or that less control needs to be applied.  Once in a while I see it as mastery over self and other forces in life.

winniewoo

Post by winniewoo » Sat Nov 24, 2007 5:59 am

The laurel and star crown indicate the highest attainment of man in spiritual evolution. The number 7 on the card is the sacred number, also indicating spiritual attainment. The canopy of 6-pointed stars represent he is protected by celestial influences. The crescent moons on the man's shoulders are outward facing to refer to the formative world. The symbols on his tunic are alchemical symbols, representing the spiritual transformation of man. The square is earth, a sign of strength of will. On the chariot, itself, are wings representing inspiration and the Hindu sign of the union of positive and negative. The black and white sphinxes have the same meaning. He holds no reins, just the wand from the Magician card. He controls through strength of will in the same way the Magician does. The city is behind him,  he has turned his back on civilisation and materialism, to seek spiritual matters. He is focused on a goal and traveling toward it with great determination. When this card comes up it could mean a physical trip that you will safly return from. It could also represent that you are intensly focused on a goal and you are well able to accomplish that goal. You have the concentration and inner strenght it will take to accomplish your goal.
What lies behind you and what lies before you matters not. However, what lies within you is of great importance.

pirbid

My Chariot rider says...

Post by pirbid » Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:08 pm

"I finally made it! Thought I'd never tame these two brutes, always pulling in opposite directions. Now I feel much more confident, but also afraid to relax even just one tiny bit, lest hell goes lose again and I trample someone in our path".

Of these three, I find it curious that they each use a different kind of animal. So the Spiral has a more mystic and mysterious look, even though the poor sphinxes don't seem to be on speaking terms, ;D.

The second, from Robin Wood's deck, is the picture of gaiety, so easygoing and musical, even if the two unicorns don't seem to appreciate his efforts, lol.

And the third, from the Ancestral Path, is the more militaristic of the three, in full fighting regalia and with lions to depict strength and courage. Also, these lions are staring right out at us instead of away from each other, so this rider seems more in control or, at least, he seems to be moving forward with a definite destination in mind.

I truly love that Menagerie card you posted, Gem. I had a similar one on an Italian Majors-only deck that depicted dwarves, fairies and the like. :smt003

glenellen

Post by glenellen » Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:13 am

aah the chariot, i feel so much and yet so little about this card, power.... he has conquered and now looking for the admiration he rightfully deserves

windspirits

The Chariot

Post by windspirits » Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:23 pm

Wow, to me this is a very powerful card.  The chariot shows you that you have a stern driving force within.  You might have to be very forceful in your journey.  There will be both lightness and darkness in your path everything will not always be black and white.  You have to go after what you desire and the chariot is that driving force to help you get there.
Attachments
7-The Chariot.jpg
7-The Chariot.jpg (19.76 KiB) Viewed 3062 times
Feel the gentle winds of the windspirits

windspirits

The Chariot

Post by windspirits » Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:23 pm

Wow, to me this is a very powerful card.  The chariot shows you that you have a stern driving force within.  You might have to be very forceful in your journey.  There will be both lightness and darkness in your path everything will not always be black and white.  You have to go after what you desire and the chariot is that driving force to help you get there.
Attachments
7-The Chariot.jpg
7-The Chariot.jpg (19.76 KiB) Viewed 3172 times
Feel the gentle winds of the windspirits

TravellingChristy

Post by TravellingChristy » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:20 pm

The chariot appears to be a very relaxed individual.  In control of the situation.  One who can stand proud.  I feel he is guarded or protected at all times.
Christy

farafina

Post by farafina » Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:42 pm

I think about ambition and power...
Someone who manages to control one's own fears...

a little bit of selfish and aggressive at times...
Attachments
07char.jpg
07char.jpg (17.17 KiB) Viewed 3151 times

appylover

Post by appylover » Sat Mar 08, 2008 2:26 am

Going on a trip, or more about being in control and choosing which route to take. Maybe this is his first chariot so it might mean getting your first car or new car you have been wanting for.

Return to “Tarot Homework”