Part One - The Major Arcana - 8

Under this forum The Tarot Professor can and will be able to set the students assignments and homework. Which then must be submitted back here itself. This forum can be accessed only by MysticBoard.com Members.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

anas

Re: Strength

Post by anas » Sat Dec 22, 2007 3:37 pm

Cheyenne wrote:I think this card shows you that real strength comes from within. You don’t have to be brutal to accomplish what you set out to achieve. This card to me shows that gentleness, calmness, patience is the key to achieve whatever you want. I feel a lot of compassion and warm with this card.
Wow! a very nice card, firend. I've always been a fan of Japanese mangas.

anas

Post by anas » Sat Dec 22, 2007 3:41 pm

This card appeared to me today while i was doing my one card daily reading.

i use the Marseilles Deck and, to be honest, yesterday, i was too busy and i was feeling the i can't catch up with the hour: there was much work to do in no time.

But today, after i got this card in my daily reading, I frist said to myself: "Well, maybe this means that you'll be able to control your problems". But as the day is passing by, I really feel that I AM the one who's controlling the clock and not the opposite! :smt020

I can jus sit back, relax, and enjoy the most of all of it.

pirbid

My RW Strenth says...

Post by pirbid » Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:04 pm

"If you have the lion's trust you can do anything with him. So gentleness and persuasion will usually get me further than brute strength, which I lack, anyway, or trying to impose my ideas".

I posted the first from the Chinese deck because it is a man with a tiger, so he keeps using brute strength, to me losing the point of the card entirely.

Robin Wood's is cheery and playful, like most of this deck.

And The Ancestral Path's is truly beautiful and serene, with a more natural setting reminding me of the Serengeti Plains (not that I have ever been there)

glenellen

Post by glenellen » Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:24 am

Strength, the lion king of the jungle it show anything is at arms reach if we try hard enough to get it inner strength also knowledge is power and the infinity symbol, no matter how long u live life is a learning process

windspirits

8-Strength

Post by windspirits » Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:40 pm

This card shows me that we have the will to expand and go beyond the restricted boundries.  You have the power to calm even the most volitile of situations.  You can handle the the situations with confidence, calmness and compassion without restrictions.  Be aware of outside unforseen forces.
Attachments
8-Strength.jpg
8-Strength.jpg (19.81 KiB) Viewed 4359 times
Feel the gentle winds of the windspirits

TravellingChristy

Post by TravellingChristy » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:25 pm

I see a very powerful woman, possibly braving her fears.  I also see her as loving towards animals. Making sure he is healthy.
Christy

farafina

Post by farafina » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:20 pm

STRENGTH : this card evokes the idea of being able to cooperate with one's instincts... It is not that the woman is opening the lion's mouth forcefully... rather, both animal and woman are working together here. It is about using both animal spirit and woman spirit to achieve one's goal. It is reaching out to the power within us and doing it harmoniously... Victory is assured. Victory is deserved.
Humility also. Because the lion is not superior to woman and woman is not superior to lion. they acknowledge each others qualities and they work together.

appylover

Post by appylover » Sat Mar 08, 2008 2:54 am

Control,Patience,Gentleness,Confidence,things you need to rely on to solve your problems. Being able to confront your fears. Staying calm,having faith in your own abilities. A healer of animals maybe a vet.

mary grace gabriel

STRENGHT

Post by mary grace gabriel » Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:22 pm

I FEEL POWER, ABILITY TO LEAD OTHERS TO THE WAY AS WANTED, INFLUENCE OTHER PEOPLE, ENCOURING GREAT CREATURE, STRONG MIND
your angel

pirbid

New decks!

Post by pirbid » Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:03 pm

:) It is great to be back at the course again and feel the cards come alive when we take them out of their plastic wrappers.

Llewellyn's Strength is a bit off the point, since it tells the tale of a male hero who had to retrieve some objects from the head of this boar. So the gentle control is not as obvious as I feel it should be.

Universal depicts a very fashion lady taming a dragon, so those of you with the Dragon deck will find this familiar.

And the Guilded leads her lion along like she would a Pomeranian, but I feel she is the closest of them to the original meaning. In fact, I like the leading bit, since it seems to mean we not only control our emotions and energy, but also give them a specific direction to help us advance.
Sunshine from the islands of eternal spring ;)

beleever

Post by beleever » Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:51 pm

The card I am seeing is a woman with a snake slithering up her arm, symbolism of snake is  an ancient symbol for everlasting life. Snakes were popularly thought to cheat death and gain vigor by shedding their skins.
they also stand for power, life force, sexual potency. The woman is standing on one leg as if in motion. The lion (strenth, courage, nobility)is coming from behind and looking as though he is ready to pounce. I would say this card is about our inner strengths and courage in the face of adversity but I must admit I am a little thrown by the snake, that puts it in a different light too, because I feel that by changing skins we are manipulative as well. Interesting just a thought.

xaxaa

Post by xaxaa » Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:44 pm

In this card I see a beautiful woman who seems to be very sweet and very feminine. I don't know why but she reminds me of love...
She uses her inner power and beauty and that makes her very strong!!!! She can do anything! She's a winner!
Very positive card...perhaps one of my favorites :)

xaxaa

Post by xaxaa » Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:55 pm

:smt007
Attachments
Major11.JPG
Major11.JPG (127.4 KiB) Viewed 4614 times
Last edited by xaxaa on Thu May 01, 2008 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

xaxaa

Post by xaxaa » Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:57 pm

Fixed it :)

<<Ouuuuupsssss sorryyyyyyyy....
The last one is the justice! I confused it because it's number 11 in art nouveau tarot deck :(
So sorry!>>

Renata1

Post by Renata1 » Fri May 09, 2008 3:15 am

When I see the Strength I know the person can be dealing with something that she/he is dealing with on that very moment. The person and the situation are the same in force, the person is covered by intuition, wisdom, power, without “caprice”. When I try to amplify my view on these cards I never thought about them as a group related to my body, as Gem made us reflect following the link…it was interesting to get this new point of view…&#61514;

Hugs,
Renata

Return to “Tarot Homework”