Part One - The Major Arcana - 8

Under this forum The Tarot Professor can and will be able to set the students assignments and homework. Which then must be submitted back here itself. This forum can be accessed only by MysticBoard.com Members.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

Gem

Part One - The Major Arcana - 8

Post by Gem » Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:39 pm

Before we move on to the next 7 cards I would like to take a moment and reflect http://mysticboard.org/vi ... hp?t=24941

Strength is the other card that has the infinity symbol in it above Strength's head, the lion is a very good symbol of strength too., able to be tamed or rage on uncontrolled or turned into fierce protectiveness.

What do you all feel from this card?
Last edited by Gem on Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

chrisdee

Strength

Post by chrisdee » Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:57 pm

Taming your animal instincts with love/ the lady looks full of enthusiasm and may be artistic or creative there may also be a love of animals
the name strength can mean inward strength or outward strength
Attachments
s.jpg
V111-Strength
s.jpg (42.54 KiB) Viewed 11915 times

lavirgo

Post by lavirgo » Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:22 pm

i think with the strength card, its about believing in urself, that as a person you hold more skills than you realise, and can turn a situation around or have the upper hand,  things maybe overwhelming (lion) but the lady is calmly in control.  

depending on other cards possibly someone who is always trying to control things, life etc.

*Star*

Re: 8 - Strength

Post by *Star* » Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:42 pm

Gem wrote:Before we move on to the next 7 cards I would like to take a moment and reflect http://mysticboard.org/vi ... hp?t=24941

Strength is the other card that has the infinity symbol in it above Strength's head, the lion is a very good symbol of strength too., able to be tamed or rage on uncontrolled or turned into fierce protectiveness.

The woman is holding open the mouth of the lion, it probably represents courage. or maybe, saying..stand up for yourself and face your problems.

MissEm

Post by MissEm » Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:25 pm

The Strength card suggests inner strength and wisdom to me.

A man/woman would not go into a dark cave (or situaiton) without knowing or at least having some inkling of what is inside and be ready to deal with 'it' once he gets there.

The Mythic card has a picture of a man and lion inside a cave.  It looks like the man is actually straddling the shoulders of the lion as he has him by the neck and straining to hold the lions head up.  What looks to be a broken sword with blood on it lies at their feet.

It would suggest one needs strength through courage and wisdom to make decisions in life.  Life is full of perils and the odd battle or two and it will be full of emotion.  Control the emotion, look at situaitons for what they are in reality.  Be strong and you will get through to the light at the end.
O    O
   oo
**___**

George

Re: 8 - Strength

Post by George » Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:55 pm

Gem wrote:Before we move on to the next 7 cards I would like to take a moment and reflect http://mysticboard.org/vi ... hp?t=24941

not Mother Earth but for sure a woman of the earth!  she controls nature within herself and takes control, in a postiive way of things around her.   She is brave because only a brave person can take a lion by the mouth and actually open it!   there is one thing to try but to actually acheive the goal is something else!  a pure woman because of the white dress and infinity above a crown of floral.  and if the next seven cards represent the mind then i would say in a reading that this is the hidden strength in all of us.  could make for a very rich reading indeed! esepcially someone is trying something new!  :smt002
Common sense dictates there is no such thing as common sense.

starryskies

Post by starryskies » Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:20 pm

This card suggests the need to be strong (mentally) to get through a tricky time. It can represent a vet or someone who works with animals. Sometimes we don´t realise how much strength we have. We face a trying time and feel like giving up. This card might reassure us that we are not alone and we are stronger than we might believe.

luv2pur

VIII Strength

Post by luv2pur » Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:03 am

I feel triamph, overcoming adversities, personal growth and increased self confidence.  It appears that the lion has been tamed or broken, I think that due to his tail position, its almost like when the mother cat has the cubs by the scruff of the neck they tuck their tails in submission. Which also has alot to do with strength.

Im feeling a bit rusty after my absence, so i do apologize if im way off the beaten path:)

luv2pur

Gem

Post by Gem » Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:01 am

HI,

Its what the card means to you that I am after, so there is no right or wrong answer. What emotions does it stir? What does it make you feel or think of?

That way these interpretations will be the ones you use when this card comes up. Keep up the good work :)

George

Re: VIII Strength

Post by George » Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:37 pm

luv2pur wrote:I feel triamph, overcoming adversities, personal growth and increased self confidence.  It appears that the lion has been tamed or broken, I think that due to his tail position, its almost like when the mother cat has the cubs by the scruff of the neck they tuck their tails in submission. Which also has alot to do with strength.

Im feeling a bit rusty after my absence, so i do apologize if im way off the beaten path:)

luv2pur
thats great!  the tail between the legs, i never ever notice that, just as you say a kitten with a tail between its legs when mommy has it by the scruff!  btw, your far from being off the beaten path just by being here your are on the right path!  :smt002
Common sense dictates there is no such thing as common sense.

mysticcrystal

Post by mysticcrystal » Sun May 06, 2007 6:06 pm

VIII Strength: Taming the wild lion. Physical strength (needed to take on such a wild beast), victorious after a long struggle (also takes a long while to tame a wild animal). Success. Yellow for self esteem.

MysticCrystal

Chooky

Post by Chooky » Mon May 28, 2007 5:22 am

For me this cards says trust, mutual understanding, having faith and courage.  I am also trying to put in a picture of my other tarot deck.  Don't know if it is going to work...
Attachments
Strength.jpg
Strength.jpg (443.31 KiB) Viewed 6693 times

Chooky

Post by Chooky » Mon May 28, 2007 5:23 am

LOL, Big isn't it... I will have to work on that

Chooky

Post by Chooky » Mon May 28, 2007 5:36 am

in my previously really big picture it suggests to me of taking command of a situation, overcoming obstacles to reach an understanding or an outcome that will suit everyone

dreamfairy

strength

Post by dreamfairy » Wed May 30, 2007 9:18 pm

Strength - A woman stroking the head of a lion with the other hand on the lower jaw, she's unafraid and not using brute force but gentleness to tame the lion. Using inner strength in dealing with a difficult situation. A taming of your inner passions such as anger.    Using strength energy in a destructive way. Weakness.  

Dreamfairy
Peace & Light.

Return to “Tarot Homework”