Part One - The Major Arcana - 9

Under this forum The Tarot Professor can and will be able to set the students assignments and homework. Which then must be submitted back here itself. This forum can be accessed only by MysticBoard.com Members.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:10 am

The Hermit Rider Waite:
I think this is someone who has chosen to go within himself/herself seeking the truth and knowledge. As long as there is the desire and inclination to seek the truth and wisdom, one will find it. As long as your search is pure, like the white peacks on which the hermit is standing or walking along, you will find it.
In most pictures posted here on the Hermit, I have noticed in most of them the hermit is holding the lantern wtihin his vision and looking down at the path. Try to hold a light or a lantern right at your eye level and look ahead. You wont see a thing in front of you except for the light reflection. But lower the lantern and look lower, then you will see the path ahead of you and then you can start taking each step at a time.
While preferring self-imposed solitude, the Hermit is on a fact-finding, soul-searching quest and he can find it when you take things one step at a time.
I find this to be a positive card, in spite of seemingly withdrawn-lonely accent on it.

Cedars

xaxaa

Post by xaxaa » Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:00 pm

In this card I see a wise man who's holding the light of knowledge! He needs to stay alone for a while so that he gets that wisdom!
The ground under him is not really friendly but he still seems to be calm and simple!
The only negative sensation I get from this card is that it reminds me of loneliness...  :smt090      :smt010

Anyway I still find it a positive card..wisdom will come and then things will be ok :)

How do you understand though for how long you'll have to wait and be patient for this loneliness to leave? Do the cards answer that somehow?
Attachments
Major09.JPG
Major09.JPG (161.03 KiB) Viewed 3596 times

Renata1

Post by Renata1 » Fri May 09, 2008 3:20 am

The Hermit makes me think about the ones we turn after a long journey (maybe the journey made by our archetypes represented on the last cards). It makes me think too in reward, patient, wisdom, something we deserve for we had fight for, even if the fight was sweet. In a reading for someone I’d say the person/situation will be good, that life is taking care of everything, that we turn out always better than in the beginning. It’s strange, but when I’m reading a card I always feel I’m reading not to the person, but to myself…it worries me sometimes…because I think the person can not understand fully what I’m saying for, in the deep, I’m saying with my view, with my experience, with my words…and the person maybe can be expecting something different…

Hugs,
Renata

Clare

the hermit

Post by Clare » Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:18 am

someone who is tired of life, every step tells a hardship, worn out

deelitefullyme

9 Hermit

Post by deelitefullyme » Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:43 pm

The hermit has decided to take the time to look inward.  To study his self.  To get to know what his needs are.

He is very wise but looks up those things he needs to.  Never afraid to learn or better his spiritual self.  

I see him as someone I would like to talk too and share with, but understand that he has a mission of self improvement to achieve before he will want to come amongst others and share his self wisdom

i feel: you need to withdraw from your situation for a time and find your own truth.

Ben2009

Post by Ben2009 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:10 pm

I think he's reflecting the past what he did right what he did wrong, and then he will go where the light takes him

hummingbirds

Post by hummingbirds » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:08 am

The Hermit is a lonesome fellow, kind of the opposite of Strenght. Intrapersonal, retrospective, alone. (I am very much a hermit.) The Hermit can be the type of leader that must be in control of everything. He does not rely on his team members, and mostly ends up doing the work by himself (and complaining about it to himself later).

The Hermit is alone, perhaps finding his way in the dark. It's easy to get lost and stray off the path, get in trouble. It's a very Romantic idea -- isolation begets sin (Frankenstein).

Whereas Strength is the extroverted side of a person, the Hermit is the introverted side.

Return to “Tarot Homework”